It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 23:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help improve my score

post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Need help improve my score [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 10:47
Hi all,

I should have probably done this earlier, but I think I should probably do this now than never. Please forgive me for the long post. I'm extremely desperate right now.

I took the GMAT the first time, to get an essence of the exam and ended up scoring 580. Don't remember my score break up then. I gave in 4 months of prep time and took the exam again only to score a meagre 650 (q43 v37). This was extremely disheartening for me given the time and effort I had put in.

Leaving this behind I decided to get back to work, get some more work experience in my kitty. Now again, to make it in time for the first rounds of Universities, I started studying around 2 months ago. The improvement in my score has been miserable to say the least. I have barely managed to juice my quant up to q46 and verbal to 39~40, this is an average of my scores across 4 GMAT prep tests, a few Manhattan and some other free tests. I'm making an average of 20 mistakes in Quant and Verbal both.

However I feel more confident in verbal this time and am sure to score better in my test. I need to desperately improve my Quant scores.

My test day is schedule in exactly 16 days time. Following BB's advice, I have started reviewing my basics again, from GMAT club's book and have been skimming through the Manhattan Quant guides. However, I'm finding it extremely hard to improve my scores even then. I have developed a decent understanding of the fundamentals given the amount of time I've put in, I'm just feeling lost when complex application of those fundamentals is tested.

I have solved the OG's, solved all questions from Magoosh, watched all the videos, thoroughly solved Jeff Sackmann's advanced quant, solved 100 advanced CR, 100 advanced SC, and 700 level RC. In additional I have solved almost all of Verbal and Quant review. I have maintained an error log and have verified my mistakes time and again. And also taken screenshots of questions I have gotten wrong to verify over the course of time.

It is extremely important for me to score par 700 this time, I am only targeting the best universities. I have diverse experience and am working on my applications simultaneously. The only thing keeping me back is my GMAT score.

What should I do? Please please please help :roll:

Magoosh Discount CodesJamboree Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 23 [2], given: 53

Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
CAT Tests
Re: Need help improve my score [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 11:56
This post received
KUDOS
Jkbdkjbjhjyvytsre wrote:
Hi all,

I should have probably done this earlier, but I think I should probably do this now than never. Please forgive me for the long post. I'm extremely desperate right now.

I took the GMAT the first time, to get an essence of the exam and ended up scoring 580. Don't remember my score break up then. I gave in 4 months of prep time and took the exam again only to score a meagre 650 (q43 v37). This was extremely disheartening for me given the time and effort I had put in.

Leaving this behind I decided to get back to work, get some more work experience in my kitty. Now again, to make it in time for the first rounds of Universities, I started studying around 2 months ago. The improvement in my score has been miserable to say the least. I have barely managed to juice my quant up to q46 and verbal to 39~40, this is an average of my scores across 4 GMAT prep tests, a few Manhattan and some other free tests. I'm making an average of 20 mistakes in Quant and Verbal both.

However I feel more confident in verbal this time and am sure to score better in my test. I need to desperately improve my Quant scores.

My test day is schedule in exactly 16 days time. Following BB's advice, I have started reviewing my basics again, from GMAT club's book and have been skimming through the Manhattan Quant guides. However, I'm finding it extremely hard to improve my scores even then. I have developed a decent understanding of the fundamentals given the amount of time I've put in, I'm just feeling lost when complex application of those fundamentals is tested.

I have solved the OG's, solved all questions from Magoosh, watched all the videos, thoroughly solved Jeff Sackmann's advanced quant, solved 100 advanced CR, 100 advanced SC, and 700 level RC. In additional I have solved almost all of Verbal and Quant review. I have maintained an error log and have verified my mistakes time and again. And also taken screenshots of questions I have gotten wrong to verify over the course of time.

It is extremely important for me to score par 700 this time, I am only targeting the best universities. I have diverse experience and am working on my applications simultaneously. The only thing keeping me back is my GMAT score.

What should I do? Please please please help :roll:

Hi,

I'm not amongst the experts but I just want to give in my 2 cents since I couldn't help but think how similar is our situation.
Don't get anxious because it's your third time, rather feel confident since there's nothing that can surprise you anymore on the test day.I think you are in an ideal situation where you have exhausted most of the resources. You are ready to review the questions you didn't get solution around the first time. I'd suggest that go through the questions and techniques that you came across for the first time while you practiced OG while revising the core concepts. It has been a long time since you started preparing so it'd be better to go through the explanations one more time. Take 2 more practice tests just to be in that comfort zone of taking tests.
Do Not learn anything new now as it'll only burden your mind. I wish you all the best for the test. :)

+1 kudos if you find it useful :)

Kudos [?]: 23 [2], given: 53

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 12:24
Anyone? Please? :(

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 13:52
Can someone please please please reply! I have no source of help left. I really need help. Putting all my eggs in one basket with this attempt.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28553 [0], given: 5115

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 19:47
What is your actual question?

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Need help improve my score [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 21:56
This is a doublepost of your post in Share GMAT Experience Forum. Please do not double-post.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/desperate-ne ... 47070.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Need help improve my score   [#permalink] 14 Aug 2017, 21:56

Need help improve my score

post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap