GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 13:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Need urgent help.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 4
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Reviews Badge
Need urgent help.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2019, 07:09
I constantly get Q48/Q49 in GMAT club test (once 50). Does this mean my official score is likely to be Q49 or greater than Q49? (Assuming that I replicate the same on the test day).

I am badly looking for Q50/Q51 as I am from India. You know verbal is a nightmare for most of us. Is there anything I need to do? Or am I fine?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Re: Need urgent help.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2019, 07:15
Hey 48/49 is very good in Gmatclub tests. These tests are much tougher than Gmat. Your quant score is definitely around 50.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
D
Affiliations: IIT Dhanbad
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2019, 08:29
dilip_dx wrote:
I constantly get Q48/Q49 in GMAT club test (once 50). Does this mean my official score is likely to be Q49 or greater than Q49? (Assuming that I replicate the same on the test day).

I am badly looking for Q50/Q51 as I am from India. You know verbal is a nightmare for most of us. Is there anything I need to do? Or am I fine?

GMAT club test questions are relatively tougher than actual GMAT. If you are scoring Q48/49 on GMATclub test, you are sure to get Q 50 on actual GMAT. If you want to improve your score further to Q51, you need to practice more and try to avoid silly mistakes.

For verbal improvement, it will take a considerable amount of time. I would suggest you to go through the Manhattan strategy guides and then solve questions posted on GMAT club.

MBA Social Network : WebMaggu

Appreciate by Clicking +1 Kudos ( Lets be more generous friends.)

What I believe is : "Nothing is Impossible, Even Impossible says I'm Possible" : "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish".
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2019, 08:36
IMO gmatclub tests are way tougher tham actaul OG questions and hence the gmat exam .

I would say you can hit Q50 or more in actual exam

So you are fine

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2019, 20:31
Hi dilip_dx,

Having the ability to Score Q50 - and actually performing at that level on Test Day - are not the same thing. Taking an individual section of the GMAT - outside of the context of taking the FULL Exam under realistic, test-like conditions - is not a valid way to measure your skills. Thus, instead of asking how a result from a ClubTest might 'translate' to a Score on the Official GMAT, you would be better served by taking a FULL-LENGTH CAT in a realistic fashion (re: take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.).

1) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs/mocks so far (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
2) What is your overall goal score?
3) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2019, 23:25
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi dilip_dx,

Having the ability to Score Q50 - and actually performing at that level on Test Day - are not the same thing. Taking an individual section of the GMAT - outside of the context of taking the FULL Exam under realistic, test-like conditions - is not a valid way to measure your skills. Thus, instead of asking how a result from a ClubTest might 'translate' to a Score on the Official GMAT, you would be better served by taking a FULL-LENGTH CAT in a realistic fashion (re: take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.).

1) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs/mocks so far (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Rich

- I have taken a lot of practice test simulating real GMAT like experience - Full test for 3.5 hours (Dint want to take official prep but took the test with Veritas, Kaplan, and MGMAT). I get Q49-51, V30-36. I have a varied score from 640-680. I have a month time to take my main GMAT exam. I want to seal quants (Q50, Q51 - I will be practicing on a daily basis though) so that I can put my efforts on verbal.

I am looking at 700-730, anywhere between that. I have a strong profile and I am aiming for the IV league.

July 3rd 2019.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2019, 13:55
Hi dilip_dx,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC (the 2 free CATs, and each of the 2 that come with Exam Pack 1 and Exam Pack 2), but since you have not taken any of those CATs yet, we do not have a definitive sense of your current 'ability level' yet. There's a significant difference between raising a 640 to a 700+ and raising a 680 to a 700+. As such, I suggest that you take one of those Official CATs sometime soon (perhaps this weekend) - and do so in a realistic fashion (re: take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that Score, you should post back and here and we can discuss the results.

Assuming that your current Quant skills would place you around a Q50, then most of the missing points that you are after are going to be found in the Verbal section - and thus, you should be spending more of your time honing your Verbal skills than honing your Quant skills.

1) What study materials have you used so far?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2019, 00:11
Gmatclub scores are a good indicator when it comes to quant.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Need urgent help.   [#permalink] 17 Sep 2019, 00:11

Need urgent help.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k