It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 21:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need your inputs.

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 21

Reviews Badge
Need your inputs. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2017, 12:54
Hello Everyone,

I need your inputs to plan on my applications and also on retaking gmat. Here is a very brief snapshot of my profile and current GMAT score, followed by the questions for which I am looking for answers

Work Experience: 12 years full time in IT, including 10 years international experience(USA, Netherlands, Belgium) outside of my native country(India).
GPA: 76%, BTech(Computer Science).
GMAT: 640(Q48, V31, IR7)
Long term career goal: Strategy consulting

Questions:

1) Which business schools(full time time one year programs) in Europe are better for pursuing Strategy consulting and are better suited for older applicants(schools that don't reject older candidates just because of age).

2) As the R2 deadlines are approaching and I need to take GMAT score since my current one is not good enough, this means would I need to wait another year before I can apply. Are there any business schools that I might have a remote chance with my score and profile.

3) If I do not apply this year and apply next year, hopefully after a better GMAT score, how much it will impact my chances to get into a good program since I will be 35 next year.

Please help me out with these questions.

Thanks
Ravi

If the post helps, kudos please.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 163 [1], given: 54

Re: Need your inputs. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2017, 19:18
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Consider Sloan fellowship at LBS and IMD.

Sent from my MI 5 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [1], given: 54

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 340 [1], given: 2

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 22:08
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ravikumarmishra wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I need your inputs to plan on my applications and also on retaking gmat. Here is a very brief snapshot of my profile and current GMAT score, followed by the questions for which I am looking for answers

Work Experience: 12 years full time in IT, including 10 years international experience(USA, Netherlands, Belgium) outside of my native country(India).

Questions:

1) Which business schools(full time time one year programs) in Europe are better for pursuing Strategy consulting and are better suited for older applicants(schools that don't reject older candidates just because of age).

2) As the R2 deadlines are approaching and I need to take GMAT score since my current one is not good enough, this means would I need to wait another year before I can apply. Are there any business schools that I might have a remote chance with my score and profile.

3) If I do not apply this year and apply next year, hopefully after a better GMAT score, how much it will impact my chances to get into a good program since I will be 35 next year.

Thanks
Ravi

Is an EMBA not an option for you at all? It seems to me that an EMBA program might be a much better fit for you than a regular MBA program, for a number of reasons. And your GMAT score might be much less of a hurdle for an EMBA program as well. You can read a bit more about the differences between MBA programs and EMBA programs here: https://aringo.com/mba-vs-emba-vs-mim/

And I would strongly recommend you consider one of those programs as well, unless you have a specific reason not to!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 340 [1], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Affiliations: 99colleges.com

Kudos [?]: 29 [1], given: 4

Schools: Wharton

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 07:47
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Ravi,

You’re bit stretch on the age front, which you realize as well. U.S. full-time programs in general would be more challenging than European programs on age as well as GMAT front, which (GMAT) you ideally need to improve even for European programs. Besides, your international experience would be more valued by European programs. As suggested, EMBA is probably better suited for you, provided it works logistically and career aspirations wise.

Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant

Consulting| Contact at anil@99colleges.com for your queries on MBA Admissions

And if you couldn’t make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

Kudos [?]: 29 [1], given: 4

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 03:46
99Colleges wrote:
Hi Ravi,

You’re bit stretch on the age front, which you realize as well. U.S. full-time programs in general would be more challenging than European programs on age as well as GMAT front, which (GMAT) you ideally need to improve even for European programs. Besides, your international experience would be more valued by European programs. As suggested, EMBA is probably better suited for you, provided it works logistically and career aspirations wise.

Thanks for your feedback Anil. Due to my work situation, I cannot pursue EMBA and hence the decision of pursuing full time MBA. Could you please suggest the full time MBA programs for strategy consulting where I can be a fit with my experience and age. If GMAT is a bottleneck, then I can retake GMAT to improve. Looking forward to your response.

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge
Need your inputs. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 03:48
Aringo wrote:
ravikumarmishra wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Questions:

Thanks
Ravi

Is an EMBA not an option for you at all? It seems to me that an EMBA program might be a much better fit for you than a regular MBA program, for a number of reasons. And your GMAT score might be much less of a hurdle for an EMBA program as well. You can read a bit more about the differences between MBA programs and EMBA programs here: https://aringo.com/mba-vs-emba-vs-mim/

And I would strongly recommend you consider one of those programs as well, unless you have a specific reason not to!

Thanks for your response Aringo. Due to my work situation I made the decision to pursue full time MBA since I cannot devote sufficient time and energy needed for EMBA. I am looking for full time programs for strategy consulting because I want to switch career after MBA. Looking forward to your advice.

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 03:51
MBADecoder wrote:
Consider Sloan fellowship at LBS and IMD.

Sent from my MI 5 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Thanks a lot for your advice MBADecoder. I checked the LBS sloan program but it is not an MBA rather a masters. I am not sure about the job placement opportunities that are available in a masters course versus a MBA course. I would rather pursue a full time MBA program which provides job placement opportunities as well. Looking forward to your advice.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Affiliations: 99colleges.com

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 4

Schools: Wharton

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 22:16
ravikumarmishra wrote:
99Colleges wrote:
Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your feedback Anil. Due to my work situation, I cannot pursue EMBA and hence the decision of pursuing full time MBA. Could you please suggest the full time MBA programs for strategy consulting where I can be a fit with my experience and age. If GMAT is a bottleneck, then I can retake GMAT to improve. Looking forward to your response.

You can apply to some of the European programs, which are relatively more open to older applicants. The best for consulting would be INSEAD, but it’s hard too to get in. You may check the placement reports of the schools to begin with and speak to few current students to get a sense of current recruitment scenario. Most top U.S. schools are fine for consulting, and there is no harm in applying to few top-25. (Average age of the incoming class at different schools could be an indicator.) However, you need to do much better on GMAT.

Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant

Consulting| Contact at anil@99colleges.com for your queries on MBA Admissions

And if you couldn’t make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 4

Re: Need your inputs.   [#permalink] 04 Oct 2017, 22:16

Need your inputs.

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap