Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30788 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30788 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey Pugu123,

Thanks for sharing your query and tagging us!

I’d like to start by congratulating you on being able to score 680+ in your mocks! I understand that you’re having trouble with maintaining a high score consistently. I’ve created a short video to share my feedback and recommendations on what it is that might be going wrong and causing such wild fluctuations in your scores and what you could do to achieve a high score consistently.

Pugu123_GCResponse - Watch Video

Here’s the summary of the video:

1. You need to spend time reviewing each mock that you take to make sure that you got the answers correct for the right reasons and to learn from the questions that you got incorrect.
  2. Revise the concepts once you have identified your weaknesses. At this stage, it is very necessary for you bridge all the underlying conceptual gaps. Go through Stage 1 using a fine-tooth comb, figuring out what you have not learnt and then take the remedial measures.
  3. You need to CEMENT your core skills for each subsection properly. This will help you identify all the underlying conceptual gaps, application difficulties, and time management related issues that you have. Once you have mastered the skills for one subsection, you can then move on to the next.
  4. DO NOT take mocks in the hope of improving your scores. Mocks are taken only to check your readiness for the test. Merely taking mocks and practicing a lot of questions will NOT help you improve your score. Make sure that you first learn all the concepts and cement all core skills in both sections before attempting mocks.

Your Next Steps

We understand that your GMAT journey is very crucial and hence, we don’t just provide you with the right resources, but we also make sure to be with you every step of the way and guide you in the right direction. As an e-GMAT student, you have access to a dedicated mentor. Please write to support@e-gmat.com to get in touch with your mentor.

Here are a couple of examples of how Mentors from e-GMAT helped students succeed:

• Navneet scored a 760 by optimally using all the course resources, such as course content, methods, skill data, etc., and the expert guidance from his mentor Dhruv. Click here to watch Dhruv & Navneet’s detailed discussion on Navneet’s journey to a 760!
  • Sanket scored a 750 with his diligence, consistency, faith in the course, and the guidance he received from his mentor Abha. These ultimately brought him his much-awaited success. Click here to watch Saket's story as he shares his journey.

I hope you find this insightful and motivating. We look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,
Mansi
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hi
I have a doubt

Let’s say I scored 700 in my first attempt of GMAT but I wasn’t happy. I gave another attempt but scored 680.

Can I use the previous score - 700 score for admission purposes ??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Yes

You choose the score you want to send to the universities

Originally posted by kevin2301 on 13 Jan 2023, 07:17.
Last edited by kevin2301 on 13 Jan 2023, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have aptitude test coronation graduate trainee program tomorrow, can anyone help me with materials to practice with?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Pugu123 wrote:
I need suggestion on something . My GMAT is exactly 65 days from now. I have appeared for mocks and my scores have wildly fluctuated from 750 a couple of times to 720 a couple of times and 700 thrice . I even hit a rock bottom of 680. I have at my disposal magoosh, eGMAT . Further I use GMAT club but sometimes m sloppy with the 700+ questions. Can anybody give me some idea of how to become better so that I am sure ( i know there is no certainty) that I have the ability to hit a 750 on test day

hello. from your query it seems that u have gaps in your preparation. because u haven’t given much details i think there are 2 possibilities. 1 you are often marking answer arbitrarily. that’s why sometimes u are marking the correct option and often the wrong one. 2 u are making a haste near the end of the exam. which leads to marking answer as fast as possible. let me know your problem in detail. so that i can try to find out some solution
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hello, I need to improve the RC parts, and also my level are in btw B2-C1, How can I start and which reading book do you recommend to me?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Tugyts wrote:
hello, I need to improve the RC parts, and also my level are in btw B2-C1, How can I start and which reading book do you recommend to me?

Hi ..... Reas Economist magazine or New york times. Also for English ( Verbal) section , Manhattan books are recommended

Tugyts wrote:

Manhattan also offers free beginners guide , can be downloaded free. Available free on Amazon Kindle

Originally posted by Sarmadk5 on 15 Jan 2023, 10:14.
Last edited by Sarmadk5 on 15 Jan 2023, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM

write 3a as 3*10 + a and a3 as a*10 + 3

adding both u get 11* (3 +a)

for three digit the lowest value of a is 7 , when u put the value u get 110

thats in the for bbc

Originally posted by Pugu123 on 16 Jan 2023, 05:09.
Last edited by Pugu123 on 16 Jan 2023, 05:11, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hey
Pugu123
Thanks for your kind response!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello fellow students.
I was wondering, if you have 30 seconds left on the clock and 4 unanswered questions, is it better for your score to go fast and try your luck or use all on that one question?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi everyone
I want to get V44+
I would really appreciate if anyone could help me to achieve that
Some exhaustive prep list
I am ready to follow it with 200% dedication
Please DM me for study buddy or tips if possible
Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Vignesh1996 wrote:
Hi everyone I want to get V44+ I would really appreciate if anyone could help me to achieve that Some exhaustive prep list I am ready to follow it with 200% dedication Please DM me for study buddy or tips if possible Thanks in advance

hello. first of all tell me about your background. i think u are not from arts or literature background. first go through youtube videos that provide detailed lecture on reading comprehension, sentence correction and critical reasoning. i believe strengthening concept along with practice can help you. for practice you can refer to the gmat club 1000 rc and 1000 sc series. there u will get series of other questions also. i would recommend u to spend at least 20 hours for each of the section of rc sc and cr. after putting this 60 hours in your study. check your progress and focus on the remaining weakness. thank u. and wish u all the best
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
hi buddies, do you know if OG made separate coursebook for IR? i cnat find anything than some questions od the webside
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Quote:
I want to get V44+
I would really appreciate if anyone could help me to achieve that

Quote:
Please DM me for study buddy or tips if possible

At a certain point, see if you can improve your solving approach. May sound strange but a lot of the Verbal tutoring I actually do doesn't focus on teaching fundamentals, for example.

How to get a V40 or higher on the GMAT? What about a V51?

Some Verbal tips over there you can check out as well.

All the best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
martynagmatprep wrote:
hi buddies, do you know if OG made separate coursebook for IR? i cnat find anything than some questions od the webside

use Manhattan Guide for IR preparation
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
how many integers are there between 300 and 600 that are divisible by 9
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
the first term is 306 and the last term 594
Use AP formula to find the 594th term , and difference is 9

Sorry typo ….. find the nth term = 594

Originally posted by arvindastro on 18 Jan 2023, 02:19.
Last edited by arvindastro on 18 Jan 2023, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26  ...  240