Last visit was: 06 Oct 2024, 02:53 It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 02:53
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 222
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
WE:Investment Banking (Finance: Investment Banking)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
ab87911
I am weak in reading comprehension please suggest how to improve
Reading and Reading. Also use Manhattan verbal Guide . It will help you
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Which one is best either egmat or Manhattan . I am already preparing through Magoosh .
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Can you elaborate why Manhattan is good

Sarmadk5, if you know can you elaborate why Manhattan is better than egmat or others . Are you currently using it or already used it .

Originally posted by JAYARAO on 20 Jan 2023, 21:59.
Last edited by JAYARAO on 20 Jan 2023, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
JAYARAO
Sarmadk5, if you know can you elaborate why Manhattan is better than egmat or others . Are you currently using it or already used it .
Well, I have read all of the manhattan books, read powerscore for CR as well and read a couple of others for different things!
Looking back, I regret having done that because It was all a huge huge huge. I am telling you, "HUGEEEEE" waste of time!
If you are just starting out, I would recommend just pay the e-gmat what they are asking for and learn from them. The amount of time you will save by paying them would be worth every penny; in the end, you would end up with big time +ve, moneywise!
I have already done what I did so now I can’t really join anything coz I am done with my preparations.
So just telling you from experience, rest is upto you. :) Good luck :)
Send PM
just to clarify, I never actually joined e-gmat so don’t really know what they teach but I have only heard good things about them. They claim that 60% of all gmatclub 700+ percentile scorers used their program. Now that’s a pretty big claim and they back it up with evidence so they do sound like a pretty big deal to me. :) Just giving my opinion, that’s all. :)
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
hello i want to know that i do not have any coaching and not even i joined any online and doing all by myself isnt it enough??
Send PM
ayush, Yeah, you are one of those cheapos like I was. :P hahahahaha, Well, you will learn soon enough that there’s a huge cost to that! Like I said, "TIME!!!!!!" TIME IS MONEY!!!!! So that’s the price you pay like I did, unfortunately! :(
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
0Lucky0 how much time taken by you to crack GMAT??
Send PM
I haven’t cracked it yet. I am in practice mode right now. Will start giving mocks after I am done with practicing. :)

hey, atleast be nice enough to give me kudos? I am wasting my time trying to help you people for free. :P So it’s the least you could do. :)

Originally posted by 0Lucky0 on 21 Jan 2023, 05:54.
Last edited by 0Lucky0 on 21 Jan 2023, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
abhikap14 i am not able to dm you. can you please DM me. i want to discuss related to top 1 percent.
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a study group or build one with partners having the following:
1) Active E-GMAT subscription;
2) Working professionals with 6+ years of work experience or someone who’s ~28+ (Yes, I am relatively an older candidate compared to the younger cohort here) - Please be kind to me;
3) Target score => 700;
4) Target Exam Date = Month of April or May;
5) Your gender doesn’t matter. Whoever you are, you are a friend. We all have same goal.
6) We can have a weekly Zoom catch up to discuss the progress and motivation push.

I am targeting R1 application season. I would like to you all actively with me in R1 and R2 process. Helping each other with applications

Please DM me
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi everyone! I want to take a GMAT Prep Course, but I dont know which one is the best? I was thinking to start with TTP, but if anyone has another recommendation I would be very grateful. Thanks! :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1389 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Quote:
hello i want to know that i do not have any coaching and not even i joined any online and doing all by myself isnt it enough??

Consider reading success stories in the Share GMAT Experience forum to see what resources people have used/may be worth checking out. Fair to say including the Official Guides/Official Mocks into your prep path would be a solid choice.
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi everyone.. I’m looking for a 2 week extension for TTP.. does anyone have any idea how to go about this..?
Send PM
@nightblade, see? again fake account created by TTP folks to promote their program. They have no integrity whatsoever! I sometimes wonder how Marty puts up with the rest of them? I mean, he doesn’t really fit in with the rest of them hippies. :P
So I wonder why he stays there. I think he would probably do a lot better going alone. I like him. :)
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 4
Send PM
Can someone evaluate my essay?

The following appeared in the editorial section of a local newspaper:

The factory of the future will be very different. Cleverer design software greatly speeds up product development. The same software can be used to program automated machine tools and more dexterous robots. New materials, like carbon fibre and nanoparticles, result in entirely new production processes. And additive manufacturing, popularly known as 3D printing, promises to demolish economies of scale. With labour costs becoming a less important factor in modern manufacturing, where will factories go? Some manufacturers have already relocated Asian production back to America and Europe, in part to be closer to their markets and to respond more rapidly to demand. Will this become a significant trend?

Discuss how well reasoned you find this argument. In your discussion be sure to analyze the line of reasoning and the use of evidence in the argument. For example, you may need to consider what questionable assumptions underlie the thinking and what alternative explanations or counterexamples

The argument claims that factories will become very different in the future , with cleverly designed automations replacing the majority of manual labour . Hence , labour costs are expected to become more and more irrelevant over the passage of time, with better manufacturing technology reducing the need of manual labour in modern factories. However ,stated in this way the argument reveals examples of leap of faith, poor reasoning, and ill-defined terminology. Clearly, the conclusion of the argument relies on assumptions for which there is no clear evidence. Thus, the argument is weak and has several flaws.

Firstly, the argument readily assumes that labour costs will become less important , while implying that automated machines will replace the need for manual labour. This argument is a stretch and is not substantiated in any way. To illustrate , in food manufacturing factories , manual workforce is needed to cook , bake , mix and heat up raw materials so that they can be made into a finished product for commercial sales. Moreover, although machines are capable of performing miscellaneous tasks like packaging and sanitising , a manufacturing workforce is still needed to ensure the quality of the packaged product. Additionally, periodic maintenance is imperative to ensure seamless manufacturing , hence , a maintenance team is needed to be held on standby to perform repairs for the machines on an ad hoc basis. Also, guards needed to be stationed to preside over the factory and prevent instances of vandalism and theft . Besides, managerial teams are required to preside over the factory so as to ensure adherence to standard procedures and sustain the overall quality of manufactured goods. Consequentially , the implications of the argument are unfounded . Hence , the argument could have been much clearer if it explicitly elaborates how better manufacturing technology entails the redundance of human workforce.

Secondly, the argument claims that technologies like additive manufacturing will abolish economies of scale. Again, this is a very weak and unsupported claim as the argument does not demonstrate any correlation between better manufacturing technologies and economies of scale. To illustrate , 3D printers require one to create the design for an object from scratch using a CAD program . Furthermore, ink replacement for 3D printers requires a trained pair of hands , as otherwise the ink cartridge will not be properly installed, resulting in ink leaks. All these prove that a manual workforce is indispensable and will always form part of the operating costs of a factory. If the argument presents a clear correlation between innovative technology and reducing labour costs , the author would have sounded more convincing.

Thirdly, the argument claims that the reduction of human labour will become a significant trend which will persists well into the future. From this statement again , it is not clear how improvements in technology will preclude the need for human workforce , as although the need for manual labour is reduced there is always a need for engineers to perform maintenance and other various tasks. In fact , it also raises a question on the range of tasks machines can perform in the stead of humans. .Without convincing answers to these questions, one is left with the impression that the claim is more of a wishful thinking rather than substantive evidence.

In conclusion, the argument is flawed for the above-mentioned reasons and is therefore unconvincing. It could be considerably strengthened if the author clearly mentioned all the relevant facts. In order to assess the merits of a certain situation, it is essential to have full knowledge of all contributing factors.

Originally posted by ewanleeyz on 21 Jan 2023, 10:00.
Last edited by ewanleeyz on 21 Jan 2023, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
0Lucky0
@nightblade, see? again fake account created by TTP folks to promote their program. They have no integrity whatsoever! I sometimes wonder how Marty puts up with the rest of them? I mean, he doesn’t really fit in with the rest of them hippies. :P So I wonder why he stays there. I think he would probably do a lot better going alone. I like him. :)
Lol

I’m not sure how you came to that conclusion

Originally posted by Treapea08 on 21 Jan 2023, 11:04.
Last edited by Treapea08 on 21 Jan 2023, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28  ...  310