Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome JS. Glad that stern is part of your "vitals" now.

adgreenwa, that was a cool idea. Just curious!!! How long did that take you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
For my personal expression i wrote a travel book about 10 pages with pictures about recent country i visited- Israel. Told about its past and present and some about future and tried to describe myself thru what i ahve seen and how it made me feel.

I am still waiting for AD com desicion on my application, so not sure if they liked it or not.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Cool.I did n't know people were so creative- in true sense.I know people are but trust me I didn't go that far....I don't have "time"- no time at all...I just wrote what I felt like.Began with my family background,then schooling,then graduation,then few activities like volunteering and networking abilities quoting a few instances from my life.Described a bit about my attitude.Trust me - all in 250 words.

[quote="Milasha"]For my personal expression i wrote a travel book about 10 pages with pictures about recent country i visited- Israel. Told about its past and present and some about future and tried to describe myself thru what i ahve seen and how it made me feel.

I am still waiting for AD com desicion on my application, so not sure if they liked it or not.[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
honestly, not that long (few hours). gluing the pieces down took the longest. coming up with the "answers" was the easy part. i did have to buy two scrabble boards in order to have enough letters.

ioiio wrote:
Awesome JS. Glad that stern is part of your "vitals" now.

adgreenwa, that was a cool idea. Just curious!!! How long did that take you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Taxable Reimbursments [#permalink]
Does anyone have experience/knowledge with taxable reimbursements? My company will give a non-taxable reimbursement up to the IRS limit ($5k and change) and all other reimbursements will be considered taxable income that will hit my W2 at year end, which I'm assuming will get hit with a ~40% tax similar to year-end bonuses. So my question is, does anyone know of any student loans that can be taken in order to pay off these taxes? If any or all of the above is incorrect, feel free to point out where I've interrupted this wrong.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: Taxable Reimbursments [#permalink]
tcnjlion41 wrote:
Does anyone have experience/knowledge with taxable reimbursements? My company will give a non-taxable reimbursement up to the IRS limit ($5k and change) and all other reimbursements will be considered taxable income that will hit my W2 at year end, which I'm assuming will get hit with a ~40% tax similar to year-end bonuses. So my question is, does anyone know of any student loans that can be taken in order to pay off these taxes? If any or all of the above is incorrect, feel free to point out where I've interrupted this wrong.

Thanks.

If you need loans to finance your MBA, I suggest you utilize https://www.lendingtree.com

Also, if you have an excellent credit score, you can try https://www.firstagain.com You can get approved for an educational loan from them in 24 hours and the funds will be deposited into your account the following day.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Friends, Just found this morning, I am in.
I am so excited!!!!

My profile is in an earlier post.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
sixthsense wrote:
I am so excited!!!!

Cheers!

Congrats! What was the interview like?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
The world's richest man - revisited. [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mail from stern on part time campus recruitment [#permalink]
Dear ...

There is a pilot program called Langone Professional Development Program. Part time students have to apply to this program. They must also be in their last year of the program to qualify. In addition, they cannot be sponsored by their company. There is no guarantee that this program will continue.

As we mentioned before, we do have offer our Career Center for Working Professionals.
https://w4.stern.nyu.edu/admissions/lang ... doc_id=336

Any comments????
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
Re: mail from stern on part time campus recruitment [#permalink]
srila1234 wrote:
Dear ...

There is a pilot program called Langone Professional Development Program. Part time students have to apply to this program. They must also be in their last year of the program to qualify. In addition, they cannot be sponsored by their company. There is no guarantee that this program will continue.

As we mentioned before, we do have offer our Career Center for Working Professionals.
https://w4.stern.nyu.edu/admissions/lang ... doc_id=336

Any comments????

I wonder what the Langone Professional Development Program entails. Does anyone have details?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
simple27 wrote:
sixthsense wrote:
I am so excited!!!!

Cheers!

Congrats! What was the interview like?

I think the key is to know your essays very well, and explain why you wrote what you wrote. The interview itself was very informal and friendly.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: mail from stern on part time campus recruitment [#permalink]
baer wrote:
I wonder what the Langone Professional Development Program entails. Does anyone have details?

https://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~ptlf/CSTF/FAQ.html

This looks like the program that was referenced in the BusinessWeek article...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Essay 3 [#permalink]
Loving some of the cool ideas on Essay 3. I was admitted as well a few days ago - glad that process is over!

My name typically causes confusion in its pronunciation. So, I got a metal tin, and put a "K" on it (i.e. "K Tin"), and put small cards inside. I put a different personality trait on each with one or two bullets. It all packaged up nicely. Was fun to construct!

Looking forward to meeting you all in a few months.

-Ketan
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V38
Send PM
Re: Taxable Reimbursments [#permalink]
tcnjlion41 wrote:

Thanks.

I am in the same boat. But I am not sure whether we qualify for these loans. I am single and have no mortgage to worry about. So, I am just planning to take the hit.

On the other hand, there is no way a third party lending company/bank is going to know who is the funding source for you. At least in my company, I get to pay the fees before courses start. But they will reimburse when the course finishes and if I get a B or higher. It will be part of your pay check and listed as bonus(misc).

So, if it works the same way in your case I dont see how you wont qualify for these loans. But if company is getting billed directly, then you might have a problem.
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V38
Send PM
Re: Essay 3 [#permalink]
ketanmv wrote:
Loving some of the cool ideas on Essay 3. I was admitted as well a few days ago - glad that process is over!

My name typically causes confusion in its pronunciation. So, I got a metal tin, and put a "K" on it (i.e. "K Tin"), and put small cards inside. I put a different personality trait on each with one or two bullets. It all packaged up nicely. Was fun to construct!

Looking forward to meeting you all in a few months.

-Ketan

I wonder what would you have done if you had used "K-TAN" or "KATE ON" :) I can think of a few possibilities(wild in general).
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
sixthsense wrote:
I am so excited!!!!

Cheers!

Congrats!!! Which program?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  38