Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 492 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Retired Moderator
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Oxbridge 2009 applicants [#permalink]
Pathfinder_77 wrote:
Amit05 wrote:
prashok wrote:
BTW, I posted my debrief for Oxford and other schools in the member profiles section, if anyone is interested:

111-t74691

Hey, it seems I am not authorised to read this forum as mentioned by the message.

"You are not authorised to read this forum."

How to get the authorization ? What's the eligibility ?

Hmm, I have the same problem, but I've already submitted the request for authorization. It seems that they only require 100+ quality posts. I don't see any other request (two recommendations, essays, official GMAT and TOEFL score etc. :twisted: he he he he).

Hey, Greenoak, can you as a global moderator pull some connections in order that Amit and I become Trusted Members :)

Thanks Pathfinder_77 for putting some weight to my request. Hope greenoak listens to this fast.. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 368 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Oxford
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hi friends,
I'm listening, but this is of no help to you, as I'm not a _global_ moderator.
Buffdaddy is your man...
Retired Moderator
 Q48  V41
Send PM
You are not? Hmm, I was 100% sure that you were... Never mind, I think that only Administrators can give the authorization to the Trusted Members area.

But, Buffdaddy, If you are in charge for this issue, please help Amit and me to receive that authorization.

Thanks
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Hi All,

I'd love to add you guys to the Trusted group, however this is something that global mods can't do. i.e we can't change people's group settings. only Site Admins can do that.

We are only allowed to moderate posts.

I'd suggest send a PM to Praetorian. He normally looks at granting people access to this form. Prashok, perhaps you can advise the guys on what you did to get access and how long it took.

regards,

buff
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Your opinion if me is flattering, Pathfinder :)

I've just read the requirements - it seems that the access could be granted only by one of the forum administators (those whose name is in red). But I think you'll gain it.
We know that you're not the adcom in disguise :-D

Edit later: it seems that Buffdaddy was the first to answer... Hello, btw!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
buffdaddy wrote:
Hi All,

I'd love to add you guys to the Trusted group, however this is something that global mods can't do. i.e we can't change people's group settings. only Site Admins can do that.

We are only allowed to moderate posts.

I'd suggest send a PM to Praetorian. He normally looks at granting people access to this form. Prashok, perhaps you can advise the guys on what you did to get access and how long it took.

regards,

buff

Please do that Sir!! :) Thanks ..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I was rejected last year when I applied in the last round. Any suggestions if I wish to apply again ?
The problem with SBS is that they don't give an explanation as to why they are rejecting so that it is helpful to address those areas while reapplying..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hi Amit,
You may have very strong profile but still be rejected if you apply very late. For example, SBS might underestimate their yield, and so fewer places will be available. Or perhaps they already will have a lot of people with the same demographic/work experience and will use the last round mainly to create diversity.
As for the ‘typical admit profile’ – from what I see on the forums, this year there’s a lot of 700+ admits with solid WE, and I suspect that a good share of them are Indians.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Hi peeps, I am seriously working on the heist idea. Won`t be greedy $ 1 million will do, to sponsor the education. till date greenOAK and Prashok are in as co, conspirators. more inetrested may submit two recommendation(one by peer and one by immediate supervisor :P ). I will post the reco questions later. There are two essays questions as well, as follows:

1.Why do you think, this is the right time to carry a robbery at this point in time. Which prison do you think you will end up in 5 years as of now, if you fail? What qualities you will bring to your group that will help the robbery.?

the second question will be posted tommorrow, along with deadlines
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
buffdaddy wrote:
Prashok, perhaps you can advise the guys on what you did to get access and how long it took.

Yeah, it took me about a week to recently get access to the Member Profiles forum myself, so it may take some time! Just submit the request through the link on the forum, and things should get rolling.

In any case, if anyone has any specific questions in the meantime, feel free to PM me!
Current Student
Send PM
devil420 wrote:
Hi peeps, I am seriously working on the heist idea. Won`t be greedy $ 1 million will do, to sponsor the education. till date greenOAK and Prashok are in as co, conspirators. more inetrested may submit two recommendation(one by peer and one by immediate supervisor :P ). I will post the reco questions later. There are two essays questions as well, as follows:

1.Why do you think, this is the right time to carry a robbery at this point in time. Which prison do you think you will end up in 5 years as of now, if you fail? What qualities you will bring to your group that will help the robbery.?

the second question will be posted tommorrow, along with deadlines

LMAO! :lol:

I'm originally from the Los Angeles area (usually considered to be the bank robbery capital of the world), so I will try and connect with some alumni for advice in the meantime!
Retired Moderator
 Q48  V41
Send PM
JBS just informed me that they gave me some award - GBP 5k - not bad at all. :shock:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Pathfinder!!! Congrats!!!
:band
But I knew that you have a very good chance for some scholarship there.
Current Student
Send PM
Congrats Pathfinder! :woohoo

I think this means that you've got the first round of drinks at our future GMATclub meet in the UK... :wink:
Current Student
 Q49  V41
Send PM
since, pathfinder is throwing a party in London. I must tell that my preference is single malt scotches, an aberfeldy 12 year old will do :good .
though I mist agree that beggars can`t be choosers :kisswink
Current Student
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Hi friends need some advice.
for said, i had initially applied to wadham and exeter college. Primarily coz Wadham was saying guarenteed accomodation to graduate students. It is an old and decent college. though i am guilty of not doing much research on colleges. Honestly speaking i was adviced it will not matter much.Now I have realized that Green templeton is the place where a significant chunk of said students reside. was pondering over changing the college. wanted your opinion on the same. where are others heading? it would be good if u all can share that.
Retired Moderator
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Me and my big mouth... :-D Kidding, of course, it will be my pleasure to take a couple of rounds (not just first) on UK gmatclub meeting.

Thank you folks. We should definitely have one such meeting in London. Or we can have some kind of regularely scheduled meetings for all JBS/SAID/LBS gmatclubers - say once a month. That would be interesting.

And yes Devil, I have to say, excellent choice, mate :wink: (although I am fan of vodka) :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  30