Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 17:04 It is currently 08 May 2024, 17:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tutor
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Own Kudos [?]: 657 [3]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink]
Hello,
I just downloaded the GMAT Prep on my Mac which has OSX Version 10.9.5 and when I try to run it my computer says it can't open it because it comes from an unknown place. Could you help me?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
hahunov2 wrote:
bb wrote:
srinivasarajui wrote:
I took my practice test using prepGMAT, for got record my score, How to Check that again, IS there some way out.

Unfortunately no.

Dear bb,

Thank you for all your efforts to make GMAT experience easy for many people over the world.

You guys provided a link for the following downloads:

GMATPrep v2 2012 - Current
GMATPpre v1.1 2006 - 2012
GMATPrep v1 2005 - 2006
PowerPrep 1999 - 2005 (overlaps with OG)

Can I install all these versions simultaneously in one PC?

Is there overlap between the practice exams in these versions, or is it worth taking 2 free practice tests from each version?

I am sorry in case you have already discussed this issue before.

Thanks in advance.

I'm actually curious about this two, if the previous versions do overlap with the latest version, I don't see any point in having more than the latest version installed..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 4: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 5: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
I have a question about current version of GMATPrep:

I and my brother want to use the GMAT Prep on the same computer (we have only 1 laptop). So I just want to know is it possible for us to log out User 1 in order to log in User 2 without resetting the data and score of User 1?

Thank to all of you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
The downloads page no longer has the following

Is there a new link? A new location for this?

Thanks in Advance

Abisurd
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
is internet connection mandatory to give the exam once you have downloaded the software and its installed on your system.
Can anybody tell me ??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
ThinkJ wrote:
is internet connection mandatory to give the exam once you have downloaded the software and its installed on your system.
Can anybody tell me ??

Once you installed GMAT PREP u don't need internet to take test.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 309
Schools: Sloan '19
Send PM
Kudos
To download GMATPrep software i went to mentioned link - https://www.mba.com/india/store/download ... tware.aspx

A window with 7tabs , from personal information ....schedule exam ...to payment , opened .
Are all these informations mandatory to download the software?
Is it the only process?
Please guide.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi timetreader.

Does this still still valid. Can i do the reset and take the test again.

Also i have possibility to install the software in different PC with different account. Would this be better alternative to resetting.

timetrader wrote:

GMAT Prep Test is one of the most essential tools in GMAT test prep. GMAT Prep is the Official GMAT Diagnostic Test with Real GMAT Questions.

Table of Contents

1. What is GMAT Prep and Where to Download It?
2. Why is GMAT Prep valuable?
3. Getting the most out of GMAT Prep -
    - - 3.1 Reinstall GMAT Prep
    - - 3.2 Review GMAT Prep Log Files
4. What are the differences between the 2 versions of GMAT Prep?
5. Want 2 more adaptive tests - use Power Prep
6. What Other GMAT Preparation Resources Are Available?
Want to get inside the GMAT Prep? Review the What If Scenarios by Bunuel and Vercules with over 20 GMAT Prep scenarios run through
7. GMAT Prep for MAC OS or Linux. Using GMATPrep on non-windows machines. Jump here - GMAT Prep and Mac OS. Another post here with Mac instructions.
8. How to analyze/extract logs from the GMAT Prep 2012 - New!

!

Downloads Section

GMATPpre v1.1 2006 - 2012
GMATPrep v1 2005 - 2006
PowerPrep 1999 - 2005 (overlaps with OG)

Collection of all SC questions from GMAT Prep (don't take these until you have exhausted all of the tests)

1. What is GMAT Prep and where to download GMAT Prep?:
GMATPrep is a GMAT Simulator software provided by GMAC (General Management Admissions Council) for free to help MBA applicants prepare to the test.
It can be downloaded from GMAC's official website (MBA.com) https://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam/prepare-for-the-gmat-exam/test-prep-materials/free-gmat-prep-software.aspx

2. Why is GMATPrep valuable?
The value of GMAT prep is that it is able to predict one's GMAT score more accurately than any other product on the market.
The key lies in using real gmat questions and same testing algorithm as GMAT. Also GMAT Prep test has the same interface as the real GMAT test, so that the experience from taking the GMAT Prep is very similar to the one in the test centre . No other product is able to provide this value.

3. Getting the Most out of GMAT Prep
Now there is a number of different strategies on how to use GMAT Prep tests most effectively. And the answer to which one is the best, of course is — it depends.
Most people agree that its good to keep one test till the end of the preparation process to use it as an accurate estimator of the GMAT score.

Though some people recommend to take it more than two times... one or two extra times in order to get new questions. Some real fans even go to the extent of squeezing all the life out of it by taking the test until they don't see any new questions. It's up to you to decide whether this is a good strategy for you. But if you ever want to take GMAT Prep more then twice here is how to do it:

GMAT Prep "Reset" - Reinstall
1.Go to C:\Program Files\GMATPrep\Exams
2.Within the Exams folder, you should see a Practice Test 1.log and a Practice Test 2.log
3.Delete or I'd say move to other location both logs*
4.Relaunch the GMAT Prep software, and it should show you that both practice exams are now Not Attempted, and you can take them again.

GMAT Prep "Reset" - Reinstall in Windows Vista (Special thanks: to bigoyal for researching this)
1. Basically same as above only GMATPrep creates folder in following location:
C:\Users\{user_name}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\GMATPrep\exams
Note: {user_name} is your user name, it will vary from system to system
2. Usually you can go directly to AppData folder by typing in "%appdata" - in explorer window
3. Make sure explorer shows hidden files

Feedback from GMAT Club Members:
- Quant question pool is larger than verbal pool; if you take tests multiple times, the chances of seeing new question are higher for the Math section.
- Question pool for “hard” questions is fairly small and chances of seeing new questions when you get to 750+ score range is small.
- AWA questions are static and do not change

*To learn about GMATPrep Log files and how to read them, please see a post directly below

5. Want 2 more adaptive tests? Use PowerPrep
PowerPrep is the previous version of GMATPrep developed by ETS. This software product is no longer supported by GMAC and no longer distributed, but we have a copy. It uses the older GMAT interface and potentially an older GMAT algorithm. Here are a few considerations about using PowerPrep.
1.There seems to be no question overlap between GMAT Prep, and Powerprep
2.There is, however, a significant overlap between OG and Powerprep, so if you already worked on OG, your score might be significantly inflated
3.There are reports that PowerPrep isn't truly adaptive and not as good of an indicator of performance on the real GMAT.
Download GMAT PowerPrep

6. What Other GMAT Preparation Resources Are Available?
GMAT Club Tests
GMAT test reviews, pricing and links.
Top 20 Most referenced GMAT books

7. Issues with GMATPrep Software
Practice Test 2: Application error has occurred. The Application will exit now
How to reinstall GMATPrep
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [3]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44