Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 08:14 It is currently 04 May 2024, 08:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.1
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
In! Just got my e-mail, does anybody knows how the schollarship process works? Have they already released them?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Waitlisted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Real Estate
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Waitlisted as well.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Waitlisted...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
In! Got the call at 11:20. For those asking about scholarship, I was told that the Financial Aid office would email regarding that later. today I'm guessing if we don't get an email that would mean we didn't qualify.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Send PM
got schol email sometime back!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Send PM
ctvz09 wrote:
In! Just got my e-mail, does anybody knows how the schollarship process works? Have they already released them?

Yeah, got a mail around 11pm local time (India) informing me of my aid
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
And suddenly Darden appears to save my year; Admitted!!!! I received the call on wednesday.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: One School Bus at a Time: Improving Education Infrastructure in Cameroon
Darden students and alumni are doing incredible things around the globe, and Jean-Marie Menga (MBA ’16) is no exception. With Darden Professor Bobby Parmar as a sounding board, Jean-Marie is committed to improving the education infrastructure in Cameroon, where he grew up. Learn more about what he is doing in the below video.

Video: One School Bus at a Time

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Kudos
Hey there, I figured I would share this video for those applicants still considering in applying Round 3. The director of admissions mentioned that the school would still be granting scholarship money for those in the third round, and she is welcoming prospective students to still apply in round 3. I am a round 2 admit, who will be joining the Darden class of 2018 :) :). Darden has tons of resources to find out more of about the program on their website also, and current students are extremely engaging. Good luck to everyone, and I hope to meet those who will be joining the Darden class of 2018!!!

https://www.darden.virginia.edu/mba/admi ... eher-blog/
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Spotlight On: The Institute for Business in Society
The Institute for Business in Society was established at the Darden School in 2011, with a goal of preparing leaders to positively impact society through business. The institute advances thought leadership and innovative practices through research, teaching, programs and convening events.

Watch Video: Institute for Business in Society

If this video sparked your interest, you can learn more about the Institute for Business in Society on our website. We will often also host a Business in Society Open House for prospective students in the fall, so keep an eye on our event calendar!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Weekly News Roundup – Week of April 1
Each week, we are rounding up some of the best Darden stories – from UVA and beyond! Check back on Fridays to stay up to date on Darden’s highlights.

UVA Darden Launches IDEA Course

Beat the GMAT, 30 March 2016

Darden’s Batten Institute Partners with Tom Tom Founders Festival, Brings World-Class Entrepreneurs and Ideas to Charlottesville

Bloomberg, 30 March 2016

Now Presenting: Leadership Presence

Darden Ideas to Action, 30 March 2016

UVA Darden Students Help Renovate 7 Local Homes and 2 Nonprofit Sites

Charlottesville Tomorrow, 29 March 2016

UVA Darden Executive MBAs Leave Legacy Through New Student Investment Fund

Darden News & Events, 28 March 2016

On Time: How the Past, Present and Future Can Impact Job Engagement

Darden Ideas to Action, 25 March 2016

VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Don’t Forget: Darden at Forté’s Virtual Form Tomorrow
Forté Foundation’s Virtual Forum

Thursday, 7 April 2016

12:00 pm – 3:00 pm

Register Here

Join Darden and other top business schools tomorrow at the Forte Foundation’s virtual forum for prospective MBA women. This online, chat-based forum is a great way to explore your business school options and get your questions answered without leaving home. Registration for this event is free.

Stop by Darden’s room any time from 12:00 – 3:00 pm to chat with members of the Admissions Committee. Whether you are planning to apply to an MBA program in the next year or are just starting your research, we would love to share more with you about the Darden experience.

We look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi everybody, Is anyone here planning to go to the Darden Days?

I am peruvian fellow that is going to be there, I hope to see some of you in Charlottesville.
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Bonnie Xu Shares Her Thoughts on Darden’s Global Academic Programs
This post originally appeared on Global Voices of Darden. We encourage you to subscribe to Global Voices of Darden to stay up to date on global news and opportunities at Darden.

Bonnie Xu (Class of 2016) embraced the opportunity to explore Darden’s global programs by attending Global Business Experiences (GBEs) in both Sweden and Spain, participating in the Cannes Film and Business Program in France, and going on a quarter-long exchange to Hitotsubashi University in Japan.

Although Xu decided to pursue her MBA degree abroad, since her native country is China,

Bonnie in Sweden on her Global Business Experience

“I’d never been to Europe before,” Xu said. “The EU is such a big economy, and I wanted to expose myself to that. I really benefited from the Darden network to be able to attend presentations and visit places like the U.S. Ambassador’s house that I wouldn’t have been able to arrange if I went on my own.”she had a desire to broaden her perspective and expand her worldview even further during her time at Darden. Her first global academic program through Darden was the “Sustainability, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in a Socially Oriented Society” GBE which traveled to Sweden last May. This program appealed to Xu because of its focus on sustainability and equality, as well as the different company visits and opportunities to meet entrepreneurs that the trip offered.

Following the GBE, Xu jumped right into another global experience with the Cannes Film and Business Program, which she chose because of its unique focus on art and film.

“The timing worked out perfectly for the Sweden GBE and Cannes program in France,” Xu said. “I needed a visa for France anyway, and Sweden took place only one week beforehand. The Cannes program introduced me to the movie industry. I didn’t always understand the business perspective or why certain movies had been nominated or won awards, but the program provided a lot of answers and insights.”

This past winter, Xu expanded her international travel from short-term GBEs to a quarter-long exchange at Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo, Japan.

“A larger portion of the classes in Japan were lecture based, and we learned more from the professor’s perspective,” Xu said. “It was different because at Darden, professors engage students and we mostly learn from our peers. I really enjoy hearing my classmates’ insights from different industries.”

Aside from the differences in classroom style, Xu encountered several cultural norms she had not expected, especially during her trip to the Western part of Japan, near Kyoto.

“It’s impressive how well culture is preserved in Japan,” Xu said. “The ancient Asian architecture is preserved for many of the temples and religious sites. This is very different from my own country.  I was also surprised that so many people still wore kimonos and other traditional clothing. I always had wanted to go to Japan but I never took action before this exchange.”

Bonnie enjoying a meal in Spain

Upon her return, Xu recently participated in the GBE to Barcelona, Spain, this past March.

“I had never been to a city with such interesting architecture,” Xu said. “For some of the buildings, I needed time to really digest and appreciate them, but some I liked at first glance.”

Xu feels that these opportunities for global exposure have greatly benefited her personally.

“I highly recommend that all Darden students take at least one GBE,” Xu said. “These programs provided me with skills and insights to leverage in future work environments. Learning about different countries and cultures helped me make connections with different types of people and work well in a team. The experience will help me view things from different perspectives, generate superior insights, and communicate more effectively to deliver better business results.”

VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Darden Professor Morela Hernandez named one of Poets & Quants Best 40 Under 40 Professors
Poets & Quants named Darden Associate Professor Morela Hernandez one of their Best 40 Under 40 Professors.

On her favorite part of being a business school professor, Hernandez says:

“I’m in a profession that allows me to learn from others, including my students and colleagues. Throughout my academic career, I have often explored new literatures and methods to better understand various phenomena. I am deeply grateful for the intellectual freedom I have as a professor. Moreover, at Darden, I have the distinct privilege of working alongside world class instructors—who are not only exceptional educators, but also incredibly supportive mentors.”

You can read the full interview with Professor Hernandez here.

Congratulations!

VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Go Global: Darden’s Academic Opportunities Abroad
We’ve been talking a lot lately about the global opportunities within the Darden MBA. That is because business today is global – and so is Darden. The Darden School connects with over 80 countries each year through a variety of avenues, and all students are expected to have a global experience during their time at Darden. In the following video, you’ll hear from four Darden students about their trips to Cuba, Uganda, India and France. Learn more on Darden’s website : https://www.darden.virginia.edu/dcgi/

Watch the video: Go Global

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts