GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 16:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
How to Contact a Darden Student – Tips from Admissions Dean Sara Neher  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 14:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: How to Contact a Darden Student – Tips from Admissions Dean Sara Neher
Darden MBA students and alumni are happy to answer questions about Darden with prospective students, and can be a great resource whether you’re thinking about applying or have already submitted your application. In her recent video blog, Admissions Dean Sara Neher shares a few tips about how to contact them, and what kind of questions you can ask.

Video: Tips for Contacting a Darden Student

Want to reach out? Contact a student ambassador or an alumni ambassador.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Manager
Manager
Weekly News Roundup – Week of 19 February  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 13:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Weekly News Roundup – Week of 19 February
Each week, we are rounding up some of the best Darden stories – from UVA and beyond! Check back on Fridays to stay up to date on Darden’s highlights.

2016 Economic Forecast: ‘We’re Due’ – Recession May Loom for US Economy

Darden Ideas to Action, 17 February 2016

Disruptive Businesses Offer Students Valuable Lessons for Future Careers

UVA Today, 16 February 2016

How fast should you respond to emails at work?

The Economist – Executive Education Navigator, 16 February 2016

Three Things: Better Project Management

Darden Ideas to Action, 15 February 2016

Made in Charlottesville: LUMI Juice

Newsplex, 15 February 2016

Straight from the source: The heart of Shark Mountain coffee and chocolate

C-Ville Weekly, 13 February 2016

UVA Darden School Hosts Annual Black Business Student Forum

NBC29, 12 February 2016

#UVALoveStory

UVA Today, 12 February 2016

The Magic of the MBA for Women in Business School

MBASchooled, 10 February 2016

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Manager
Manager
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 09:14
Hey everyone, so I visited Darden last week but I am still waiting on an interview invite for round 2. What do you think the chances are that they're still sending out invites? I applied to 10 schools in round 2, but I'm down to 7. Darden is one of my top choices and I would definitely relish the opportunity to be down in Charlottesville for 2 years.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 09:28
Not 100% sure. I'm still waiting too. At this point I'm getting worried, since ClearAdmit from last year had invites up to 19th Feb. On the other hand, in the class of 2017 thread it seems people were getting invites on the 24th and people who interviewed heard that at that point they were still reviewing applications...so who knows!

Also, did you do class visit or tours or anything? I read on the site that said not to schedule events in R2 until you had an interview :P
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 09:33
Yeah I went down anyway, felt it wouldn't harm my application if I went down. But I'm getting nervous though, haven't received interview invites to any of the schools I applied to other than Kellogg and Tuck but those are applicant initiated anyway. Just hoping I get into one place, but not looking good at the moment.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 10:43
ibiza6403 wrote:
Yeah I went down anyway, felt it wouldn't harm my application if I went down. But I'm getting nervous though, haven't received interview invites to any of the schools I applied to other than Kellogg and Tuck but those are applicant initiated anyway. Just hoping I get into one place, but not looking good at the moment.

I'm in the same boat. Not sure what to think at the moment. Did a self initiated interview at Tuck and was rejected at Booth and Columbia. My 4 other apps (Tuck, Darden, SOM, Johnson) are still "Under Review."
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 14:33
Does your app say 'Under Review' for Darden somewhere? Mine just says 'Submitted'
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 15:21
Mine just says submitted.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 01:45
ibiza6403 wrote:
Hey everyone, so I visited Darden last week but I am still waiting on an interview invite for round 2. What do you think the chances are that they're still sending out invites? I applied to 10 schools in round 2, but I'm down to 7. Darden is one of my top choices and I would definitely relish the opportunity to be down in Charlottesville for 2 years.

In the Consortium forum, someone reported getting a Darden invite around Friday of last week sometime, so seems as though they are still sending invites
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.37
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 05:25
I received my R2 invite yesterday so it seems as if they're still reviewing applications.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V42
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 08:17
bakerrr wrote:
I received my R2 invite yesterday so it seems as if they're still reviewing applications.

R2 domestic applicant here...just received an invite today, so the trickle continues! Good luck everyone.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40
Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 08 Mar 2016, 08:41

Originally posted by succulents on 23 Feb 2016, 08:29.
Last edited by succulents on 08 Mar 2016, 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 11:17
To those who got invites today, were they at 11 AM? Also, when did you all submit your apps?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 11:45
What % of those people that get an invite for an interview - get accepted?
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.46

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 06:07
Most schools you have about a 50-50 shot if you get an interview. One site I saw suggested that UVA had among the highest interview acceptance rates at around 65% if I remember correctly. That's 5th highest.

Additional note: during my visit a first year mentioned that they do accept and reject some folks before their final deadline in March. Livewire from last year seems to confirm that. So they may not all be on the same day.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 06:53
So one person on livewire said that when he was trying to schedule his interview there were only two days available. I'm not sure if they were just trying to schedule interviews for that wave in select dates, but it doesn't look good. It's been a tough process, I'm still waiting on a interview invite from one of the schools that was not applicant initiated. I wish all of you the best.
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 07:47
ibiza6403 wrote:
So one person on livewire said that when he was trying to schedule his interview there were only two days available. I'm not sure if they were just trying to schedule interviews for that wave in select dates, but it doesn't look good. It's been a tough process, I'm still waiting on a interview invite from one of the schools that was not applicant initiated. I wish all of you the best.

Keep in mind that the availability applicants see could just be the availabilities for that round/set of interviewees. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 07:56
Just had my Darden interview with an adcom member.

Overall a good experience.

Questions:
-Tell about yourself, your childhood, your interests and family.
-Interesting experiences in college.
-Why the specific field.
-Tell about your work experience.
-A surprise at work place.
-Goals
-Why MBA and why Now?
-Why Darden?

She was very receptive of all my answers and showed genuine interest in getting to know me by asking follow up questions on whatever I shared.

And now the wait begins!!!
All The Best everyone.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 22:04
I emailed Kristen Egan (Assistant Director of Admissions - Darden) yesterday to ask if this is the end for applicants who haven't received interview invites. She responded today and said they will be sending out invitations till 23rd March (the decision date for R2) and thanked me for being patient with the process. So hope floats. Umeed pe duniya kayam hai (World rests/survives on hope)
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 05:41
Anyone else who feels that they screwed up their interview? Nothing in concrete to say why but it was short (just 30 mins), basic questions, and some questions from my answers. I was just not very convinced with what I spoke, even though I practised. fml.

Whats the acceptance rate for people who screw up their interview?

Skype interview from India btw.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 25 Feb 2016, 05:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  29    Next  [ 565 posts ] 

Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: rohan2345, Amaranth

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap