GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 13:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 06:45
mehuldixit wrote:
I emailed Kristen Egan (Assistant Director of Admissions - Darden) yesterday to ask if this is the end for applicants who haven't received interview invites. She responded today and said they will be sending out invitations till 23rd March (the decision date for R2) and thanked me for being patient with the process. So hope floats. Umeed pe duniya kayam hai (World rests/survives on hope)

I always wonder how true that is or if it's just a cookie cutter response. I'm not a big fan of how open/flexible that is...I like the schools that say "all invites be released on X day"...the waiting is hard
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
GPA: 2.67
WE: Information Technology (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 06:46
Hi everyone! I applied for the full-time MBA program in Charlottesville, but this morning I got an email inviting me to interview for the EMBA. I'm 35 and a federal employee in the DC area. The email said that this offer is being made to only a few applicants, but I just wanted to let you know that there is hope, even for old geezers with low GPAs like me.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 07:21
NathanielA wrote:
Hi everyone! I applied for the full-time MBA program in Charlottesville, but this morning I got an email inviting me to interview for the EMBA. I'm 35 and a federal employee in the DC area. The email said that this offer is being made to only a few applicants, but I just wanted to let you know that there is hope, even for old geezers with low GPAs like me.

Hey man, so are you seriously considering going for the EMBA then even though you applied for the regular program? I'm still hoping they will send out regular interview invites, still waiting on at least one.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
GPA: 2.67
WE: Information Technology (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 07:56
I hadn't given much thought to EMBAs, even though I guess now I'm at the age where an EMBA would make more sense, so I don't really know much yet about what I'm getting into. I'm scheduling an interview, and I'll go forward in good faith. That's partly because I would be honored to study at Darden in any capacity, and maybe partly because, like you, I applied only to the stratosphere of MBA programs, and this might end up being my only offer.

So yeah, I'll go ahead with the interview, and hopefully by the time I interview, I'll know a little more.

At the very least, I think everyone can be assured that the admissions committee is still reviewing applications. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Darden Debuts ‘IDEA’ Course for First Years  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 14:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Darden Debuts ‘IDEA’ Course for First Years
This week, Darden debuted a new required course for First Years: “Innovation, Design and Entrepreneurship in Action” (IDEA). As a part of this seven-week course, teams of Darden students are working with leading companies, non-profit organizations and government agencies in a variety of sectors to solve live field challenges of great importance.

“IDEA is a perfect addition to Darden’s immersive, experiential learning culture,” says Professor Mike Lenox.

To learn more about the IDEA course, please watch the below video and read Darden’s press release.

Watch the video

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 10:04
Is there still hope for interview invites?

Around 41% in R1 got invites, only 23% right now in R2...looking at last year, it's 39% in R1 and 37% in R2...so seems like current invite count may be low? Checking other schools, most people on Gmatclub are updating their statuses so the % are in line with expectations..
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 10:32
thomasdodsonian wrote:
Is there still hope for interview invites?

Around 41% in R1 got invites, only 23% right now in R2...looking at last year, it's 39% in R1 and 37% in R2...so seems like current invite count may be low? Checking other schools, most people on Gmatclub are updating their statuses so the % are in line with expectations..

I don't think there is much hope to be honest, deadline date is coming up soon. Such a shame, would have loved to have gone there.
Manager
Manager
Video Blog: Admissions Update  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 14:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Video Blog: Admissions Update
There’s a little something for everyone in Sara Neher’s latest video blog, whether you applied Round 1, Round 2, or are still deciding if Round 3 is right for you. Watch below to see how the Class of 2018 is shaping up!

Video: Admissions Update

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 07:28
That vlog post above was not a good indication for all of us still waiting for interview invites. I think Darden is gone as well.
Manager
Manager
To the NFL and Back – Career Switcher Tom Santi  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2016, 09:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: To the NFL and Back – Career Switcher Tom Santi
Tom Santi (MBA ’16) came to Darden from the NFL, and he will pursue a career in investment banking when he graduates in the spring. Learn more about his path in the below video:

Watch: Tom Santi, Career Switcher

Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 18:00
Got my interview invite today!!
Indian applicant btw.
Manager
Manager
Ngozi Ofoche (JD/MBA) Shares Her Experiences with Darden’s Global Acad  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 10:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Ngozi Ofoche (JD/MBA) Shares Her Experiences with Darden’s Global Academic Programs
This post originally appeared on Global Voices of Darden. We encourage you to subscribe to Global Voices of Darden to stay up to date on global news and opportunities at Darden.

Natalie (Ngozi) Ofoche’s enthusiasm and passion for global engagement is catching. As an undergraduate, she spent a year studying abroad in London and knew that “coming to business school, I wanted to have that experience again. And I knew that tying it to a particular project would enhance my education. You can’t create new things unless you step out of your box. Global experiences allow you to step outside of your box and it makes you more innovative and entrepreneurial.”

Ngozi in Brazil on the Project Management Global Business Experience.

After completing her joint JD/MBA degree in 2017, Ngozi eventually looks forward to doing consulting work in Africa, specifically in Nigeria, from which her family originates. She is particularly interested in working with technology start-ups in the social enterprise space. Ngozi has used three global academic programs at Darden- the Brazil Global Business Experience, Israel Global Business Experience, and a Global Consulting Project working with a client in Kenya- to prepare for her future career.

“Project management work is a big deal in terms of infrastructure and policy work when looking at Africa. I wanted to get a taste of that and the Global Business Experience to Brazil, which focused on large scale projects such as the 2014 World Cup and upcoming 2016 Olympics, was a great opportunity to get that perspective” shared Ngozi. “In Israel, the topic was technology start-ups, which I’m interested in. I was a little apprehensive about Israel, but was really impressed with the culture when I got on the ground. Getting to see and understand the eco-system for tech start-ups in Israel was useful and definitely applicable to the kind of work I want to do in Nigeria.”

Ngozi enjoying the views over Israel’s entrepreneurial eco-system.

In addition to participating in Darden’s Global Business Experiences, Ngozi also worked on a Global Consulting Project (GCP). Global consulting projects provide Darden students with the opportunity to work directly with an organization in order to address some kind of pressing, global challenge that the organization is currently facing. Ngozi worked on a small team with two other Darden students on a project for Distance Education for Africa (DeAfrica), an educational organization based in Nairobi working to deliver training and education courses through remote learning opportunities.

“The GCPs allow for more independence and are basically self-led. We really had to take our own initiative and were given a lot of room for innovation in how we solved the problem. Before we got on the ground, we thought we had solved the problem. When we got there, we began to understand that we needed to understand the culture, history, current infrastructure challenges, etc. in order to provide a workable recommendation and solution” Ngozi elaborated.

On the ground, the team spent time interviewing stakeholders for the new DeAfrica courses and the interviews also changed the students’ perspectives on the challenge at hand. One of Ngozi’s main takeaways was that every country has different characteristics that affect the way the people make buying decisions. Being on the ground allows students to really experience those differences and students have to really experience it in order to really understand the challenges they are working to solve.

Ngozi shared that the diverse community at Darden is also really valuable because students come from all kinds of different backgrounds and fields and bring that into the work that they do. The diverse experience and perspectives better prepares students to lead around the world. “Working on the GCP team was great. I am Nigerian, but was raised in America. Another student was Chinese and grew up in China and had prior work experience in consulting and the third was American and formerly worked for the FBI, which was great for the cyber security part of the project. We all came at it from not only different perspectives and with a different skill set, but also from different cultural perspectives. Even though we were all new to Kenya, the diverse team made our deliverables stronger” stated Ngozi.

“If you are coming to a school like Darden, you are obviously looking for a thriving business career and to get that you have to have a global perspective, not just in the classroom, but experientially. The top companies will be global because business is global. You have to be able to solve challenging problems in a global context.”

Between stakeholder interviews during the Global Consulting Project onsite visit, there was time to see some local wildlife outside of Nairobi!

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 10:47
Any more Round 2 acceptances? I know Consortium fellows started receiving calls last week, seems like they may be waiting until next week for the rest
Manager
Manager
Student Views: Why Darden  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 09:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Student Views: Why Darden
Lauren Berger (MBA ’17) wasn’t a business major or a consultant before coming to Darden – she was an English major who went into acting. In the below video, hear about the ways in which Darden helped this non-traditional business school student prepare for life in the business world.

Watch: Coming to Darden from a Non-Traditional Background

Manager
Manager
Weekly News Roundup – Week of 18 March  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 12:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Weekly News Roundup – Week of 18 March
Each week, we are rounding up some of the best Darden stories – from UVA and beyond! Check back on Fridays to stay up to date on Darden’s highlights.

Disney in Shanghai: A Whole New World?

Darden Ideas to Action, 17 March 2016

US News Ranks UVA Darden Among Nation’s Best Business Schools

Darden News, 16 March 2016

US-based Emerson buys its way into the Russian energy market by going ‘local’

Washington Post Case in Point, 12 March 2016

Interview Tips from the Darden MBA Program

Beat the GMAT, 11 March 2016

Beyond the MBA Classroom: Family Life at UVA Darden

mbaMission, 10 March 2016

Everybody’s Biased, So I Can Be Too

Fortune, 10 March 2016

Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.46

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 16:30
Just a few days until we hear! Wonder if we'll hear before Wednesday.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V42
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 16:44
ctpfeifer wrote:

I looked at R1 results on LiveWire and some calls were reported 1 day before the official release date. So, perhaps. Tuesday/Wednesday are going to be long days. I really want this.
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
WE: Nursing (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 21:37
Ignatius wrote:
ctpfeifer wrote:

I looked at R1 results on LiveWire and some calls were reported 1 day before the official release date. So, perhaps. Tuesday/Wednesday are going to be long days. I really want this.

Ugh...don't say that. My anxiety is high enough!! :)
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.46

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 16:22
I looked back at the thread from R2 last year. A lot of calls happened the day before the deadline. Some happened on deadline day, and all were notified (it looks like) by midday-ish. Separate scholarship related emails appear to have gone out on the deadline day late in the afternoon after everyone had heard.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 04:11
Has anyone seen any movement on the waitlist from R1? Is the expectation that the waitlists will be lumped together with the R2 decisions?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 21 Mar 2016, 04:11

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29    Next  [ 565 posts ] 

Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: rohan2345, Amaranth

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap