Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:40 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '19 (A)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
souvik101990 wrote:
bitspankaj wrote:
Just submitted the video essays! All set! Wait starts now :)

How did the video essay go man?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

It went well man. Kellogg questions were more philosophical :) so I ended up being more subjective in answering. Overall if you have practised for Yale, Kellogg should be no different. Just go for it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
My gnat score report is also shown as "awaiting". I send them an email but the answer could take 3 days. I hope it goes well. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.76
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Spoke to an adcom today and she confirmed that Kellogg doesn't need official scores sent to them until after admission.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes! Thanks! I've just received a response. They will work with my unofficial score report. :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
Yazmina wrote:
Yes! Thanks! I've just received a response. They will work with my unofficial score report. :)

But did you sent your official scores? I sent them several months ago, and I still have an "awaiting" status on my application status website.
Are they loading the scores after they review your app?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, I sent them in May and I even got the confirmation from GMAC at that time. I said that in my email and they said that it could take time but they will track it down.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Submitted. Good luck to all! Still have to do my video essays this weekend. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know exactly how much the Video Essay is weighed in the grand scheme of things? I ask because I didn't do well on it at all (was caught off guard by the first question). Thanks!
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Isn't the first question the same for everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Yeah it is

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
I selected my functional area as 'consulting' instead of 'strategy consulting'. Even though my goals clearly mention strategy consulting. What should I do. Should I reach out to the admission committee? :( Suggestions please!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '19 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
Basanti wrote:
I selected my functional area as 'consulting' instead of 'strategy consulting'. Even though my goals clearly mention strategy consulting. What should I do. Should I reach out to the admission committee? :( Suggestions please!!

Take a chill pill. Relax. The difference between those two options is very obscure. Trust me. I work in (strategy) consulting.

Most people outside of consulting have no idea anyway. They just mindlessly repeat something they've heard about "strategy" being the sexy part of consulting.

Also, regardless of definitions, it's impossible to focus exclusively on "strategy" post MBA. At any major consultancy (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Deloitte, etc.) you will come in as a generalist, which means that you will have to work across different practice areas. As a first year associate, there's no way you can say "I only want to work on "strategy" projects and I will turn down other types of projects." Doesn't work like that.

Sorry for the rant.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Would it matter so much?
I have done the same mistakes, if you come across any solution, please do share!!!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I made even a bigger blunder! :( In the extracurricular activities section. I entered the city and state wrong for one of the activities!

Would it help to write to the Ad Com and clear this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
rajeshrkv wrote:
Yeah it is

Are you referring to the question "describe your plans for the future and how Kellogg will help you on that journey?"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hmmm...I do know for a fact that the second questions is the same for everyone (what path do you want to take, how, why...).

I was under the impression that the first question was a random ice breaker question. I did all the practice problems, but the question that I got was not similar to any of them.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Tips for applying to Kellogg – Part 4
Applying to business school is a commitment. You will devote hours to test prep, drafting and redrafting essays, practicing for interviews, perusing websites and visiting campuses.

We get lots of questions about how applicants can make their application stand out, so this week, we are sharing suggestions on how you can help distinguish yourself and express why Kellogg is the right school for you.

TODAY’S TOPIC: VIDEO ESSAYS https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/real.jpg?w=627

ADDITIONAL TOPICS: Test scores, essays, letters of recommendation

Don’t stress too much about the video essay. It’s meant to be personal and authentic. If you’ve ever used Skype or Facetime, it will feel familiar and easy.

We will start by asking you one icebreaker question with no “right answer” to help us get to know you.

Want an example? Here’s one: If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be and why? See, not so hard.

The second question will be about Kellogg.  And to make this even less mysterious, we are going to give you the question.  Seriously. Here it is: What path are you interested in pursuing, how will you get there and why is this program right for you?

The third question will be more of an interview type question. Here is an example of the type of question you will be asked: Tell me about a time you were not going to be able to meet a deadline. How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?

Overall, the video essay gives the Admissions committee the opportunity to “meet you” personally beyond your written application, and it gives you the chance to showcase your communication skills, personality and interest in Kellogg in a way that written essays and test scores simply can’t.

For more information about our video essays, please visit our website. You can also take a look at this recent Poets & Quants story with Kate Smith, Assistant Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid.

Melissa Rapp is the Director of Admissions for the Full-Time MBA and MS in Management Studies Programs. Melissa joined the Evanston Admissions team in January 2016 and was previously the Director of Admissions for the Evening & Weekend MBA Program located on Kellogg’s Chicago campus. She has over 15 years of higher education and admissions experience.

Filed under: Admissions, Uncategorized Tagged: admissions, admissions advice, admissions officers, admissions tips, application, application materials, application tips, applications, Director of Admissions, Kellogg admissions officers, video essay, video essay portion, video essays https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/8023/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts