It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 14:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2016, 10:09
I always recommend PDFing if you have the option. Gives you more control over how it will look.

souvik101990 wrote:
About to submit the app and noticed something peculiar. The essay page instructs to write the prompt in bold with spacing options. However the alternative (copy pasting the text) has a word count and as a result will not accept additional words for the prompt. What are you guys doing?

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Kudos [?]: 17046 [0], given: 1963

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2016, 11:29
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
I always recommend PDFing if you have the option. Gives you more control over how it will look.

souvik101990 wrote:
About to submit the app and noticed something peculiar. The essay page instructs to write the prompt in bold with spacing options. However the alternative (copy pasting the text) has a word count and as a result will not accept additional words for the prompt. What are you guys doing?

Interesting. I always thought the form-filling type response is better because it fits their formatting.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2016, 11:29
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

souvik101990 wrote:

Interesting. I always thought the form-filling type response is better because it fits their formatting.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 33

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 06:01
In for Round 1. Wish you all good luck!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 33

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 06:07

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 07:30
souvik101990 - Are you applying to schools this year? I'd assumed you had already matriculated. Good luck to you, and thanks for being such an active and helpful contributor to this forum. What's your list of schools (and which rounds)? :)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 10:14
Hi, Could anyone tell me how would we know when our recommendations have been submitted, my recommender said they had submitted the document but the status still says "Open"

Thanks

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 3

GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 10:24
This post received
KUDOS
mbanter wrote:
Hi, Could anyone tell me how would we know when our recommendations have been submitted, my recommender said they had submitted the document but the status still says "Open"

Thanks

You should receive an email from Kellogg stating that they have successfully received each recommendation from X recommender. Your application or application checklist will also show if they've completed it or not.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 3

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

How Kellogg applicants are assessed – Part 4 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 11:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: How Kellogg applicants are assessed – Part 4
When Kellogg admissions officers review an application, they evaluate potential students based on six categories. Here, Melissa Rapp, director of admissions for Kellogg’s Full-Time MBA Programs, demystifies what happens once you submit your materials and helps you think about how to craft the story that will help the Admissions team learn more about you.

TODAY’S TOPIC: LEADERSHIP https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/real.jpg?w=627

ADDITIONAL TOPICS: Work experience, Intellectual ability, Professional goals

Many people pursue an MBA to gain experience and improve their management and leadership skills. The Kellogg Admissions team is looking for both demonstrated leadership in the past and an applicant’s leadership potential.

It is important to note that leadership experience means different things for different types of candidates. For example, someone with a military background will present different accomplishments than someone with a few years as a junior analyst or a teacher. What showcases your leadership is going to depend on the path that you’ve taken and the organizations that you’ve been a part of – and we take both into account when assessing applicants.

Regardless of what your path looks like, our Admissions team looks for individuals who have taken on new responsibilities and opportunities, in whichever ways they can. Maybe this means you’ve led an initiative within your company, you’ve secured promotions quickly or that you’re deeply involved with a volunteer commitment. Your roles don’t have to be formal, just indicative of your drive. The better you can help us see how these activities fit within your overall career narrative, the more clearly we can identify how you might fit in the Kellogg community.

We also consider timeliness. The further along you are into your career, the more we’re going to expect some demonstrated benchmarks. If you’re seven or eight years out of college, consider presenting more recent examples. Likewise, if you’re early in your career, don’t worry about competing with more experienced applicants. Our Admissions team is just as concerned with where our students are headed as where they’ve been.

Apply now!

For more information about Kellogg’s application components, visit our website.

Melissa Rapp is the Director of Admissions for the Full-Time MBA and MS in Management Studies Programs. Melissa joined the Evanston Admissions team in January 2016 and was previously the Director of Admissions for the Evening & Weekend MBA Program located on Kellogg’s Chicago campus. She has over 15 years of higher education and admissions experience.

Filed under: Admissions, Uncategorized Tagged: admissions, admissions advice, admissions officers, admissions tips, Director of Admissions, full-time, full-time mba, full-time MBA programs, Kellogg admissions officers, leadership http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/8014/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
P

Kudos [?]: 17046 [2], given: 1963

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 11:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
mbanter wrote:

Thanks

Mine said submitted almost immediately.

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 17046 [2], given: 1963

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 11:08
BigTuna wrote:
souvik101990 - Are you applying to schools this year? I'd assumed you had already matriculated. Good luck to you, and thanks for being such an active and helpful contributor to this forum. What's your list of schools (and which rounds)? :)

Nope. I was just one of those guys who started really early on this forum. I am looking at Kellogg, Yale, and Johnson in R1. (and another school I don't want to jinx :P)

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 11:44
Sorry, another noob question, if the recommendations haven't been submitted, can I still go on and submit the application form? Like pay the fee? I read that the application is not considered "complete" without recommendations, but the website allows me to go ahead and submit the form, even if the status on recommendations is "in progress"

PS: As you can guess, this is my first application ever, and that too so close to the deadline, so I am feeling nervous!

souvik101990 wrote:
mbanter wrote:

Thanks

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 78

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 12:48
souvik101990 wrote:
About to submit the app and noticed something peculiar. The essay page instructs to write the prompt in bold

Whoopsies

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 78

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [1], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Tuck '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 15:50
This post received
KUDOS
Well, the application is submitted and the interview scheduled. I guess it's real now!

My GMAT Journey: http://gmatclub.com/forum/660-to-740-keep-fighting-the-good-fight-212746.html#p1640502

Kudos [?]: 20 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 15:53
Bulldozer wrote:
Well, the application is submitted and the interview scheduled. I guess it's real now!

Congrats! As a Chicagoland applicant I have to wait to hear about my interview. 4-6 weeks!

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 13

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 16:06
I have the same question because something came up with my recommender today. Is there a grace period on recommendations?

mbanter wrote:
Sorry, another noob question, if the recommendations haven't been submitted, can I still go on and submit the application form? Like pay the fee? I read that the application is not considered "complete" without recommendations, but the website allows me to go ahead and submit the form, even if the status on recommendations is "in progress"

PS: As you can guess, this is my first application ever, and that too so close to the deadline, so I am feeling nervous!

souvik101990 wrote:
mbanter wrote:

Thanks

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 18:54
Just submitted the video essays! All set! Wait starts now :)

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 21:16
Just submitted for R1! Did anyone's app (after submission) also say that the GMAT verification was missing? I submitted my scores over a month ago, so they should have them...

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 21:18
Check if the email id you used for mba.com is the same one you applied with. If not, let the school know and it should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2016, 21:29

Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 20 Sep 2016, 21:29

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38    Next  [ 748 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap