Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 00:31 It is currently 07 May 2024, 00:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Hello all,
Just had my Adcom interview with Kathleen Glazier through Skype. This was my first interview so honestly I was very anxious. But the whole experience was very pleasant.
Pretty much standard questions, no surprises at all. This is what i was asked.
Tell me about your work experience.
Why MBA?
Why particularly Foster?
What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
What would your co-workers tell about you?

Lastly, Any questions for me?

Took about 20-25 minutes overall. I felt I did well. Fingers crossed now.

All the best to others!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 118
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
mankutimma wrote:
Hello all,
Just had my Adcom interview with Kathleen Glazier through Skype. This was my first interview so honestly I was very anxious. But the whole experience was very pleasant.
Pretty much standard questions, no surprises at all. This is what i was asked.
Tell me about your work experience.
Why MBA?
Why particularly Foster?
What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
What would your co-workers tell about you?

Lastly, Any questions for me?

Took about 20-25 minutes overall. I felt I did well. Fingers crossed now.

All the best to others!

Wow, I hope you did well in your interview.
Thank you for the sharing.

It seems Foster is slowly sending out invites.
Whoa, I need to wait longer...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 184
Send PM
Not heard anything from the adcom since the video interview. Very disappointed. Really wanted to go to Foster.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sehej wrote:
Not heard anything from the adcom since the video interview. Very disappointed. Really wanted to go to Foster.

You have very good GMAT and GPA. I am surprised you didn't get a call. What type of work experience do you have??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 184
Send PM
mankutimma wrote:
sehej wrote:

You have very good GMAT and GPA. I am surprised you didn't get a call. What type of work experience do you have??

3 years in a big 4 audit firm, 3 years in a consumer durable export/e-commerce family business.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I have a feeling that foster invites only those who make it their priority. Applying in its Jan round may have been a mistake as an international. Should've applied earlier to show sincere interest in attending the program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Hi all,

I got a Skype interview with Foster MBA last Wed. (I received one email for 2 interviews: video and skype in early Feb)

- In overall, the interview was conversational, without surprising or tricky questions. However, the way that my interviewer posed questions was something unpredictable for me. And I think that was the most difficult part for me :(

- Some of my questions were:
1, In my app form, my short term goals are XYZ. How did I come up with these goals?
2, Without an MBA, how did I plan to attain those short term goals?
--> [follow up question] Do I have cross-cultural work experience?
3, To achieve short term goals, what are my current skills at work that help me? And what skills I need to develop further through an MBA?
4, Why Foster?
--> [follow up] What communication skills specifically that I want to improve at Foster?
5, Right after MBA I want to work for XYZ company. How will I pitch for job opportunities? [she wants to test my selling skills]
6, Tell me about a time when you went beyond your responsibilities to improve something?
7, Tell me about a time when you failed?
8, What are my strengths and weaknesses when I work in a team?
--> [follow up] Leadership & Women in Biz in Vietnam?
10, Fun fact about myself?
11, How did I approach and contact alumni from Foster?

So, all in all, the interviewer was very nice and supportive. But I didn't think I have done it well enough :( Now all I can do is to keep my fingers crossed and wait.

Hope that my sharing can help some of you guys prepare for the skype interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Peony11740 wrote:
Hi all,

I got a Skype interview with Foster MBA last Wed. (I received one email for 2 interviews: video and skype in early Feb)

- In overall, the interview was conversational, without surprising or tricky questions. However, the way that my interviewer posed questions was something unpredictable for me. And I think that was the most difficult part for me :(

1, In my app form, my short term goals are XYZ. How did I come up with these goals?
3, To achieve short term goals, what are my current skills at work that help me? And what skills I need to develop further through an MBA?
4, Why Foster?
--> [follow up] What communication skills specifically that I want to improve at Foster?
5, Right after MBA I want to work for XYZ company. How will I pitch for job opportunities? [she wants to test my selling skills]
6, Tell me about a time when you went beyond your responsibilities to improve something?

So, all in all, the interviewer was very nice and supportive. But I didn't think I have done it well enough :( Now all I can do is to keep my fingers crossed and wait.

Thx for sharing.
Even though I am losing my faith to get a good news from UW Foster, your post will be very helpful for other lucky applicants who will be interviewed soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Peony11740 wrote:
Hi all,

4, Why Foster?

Whoa! You were properly grilled. I wasn't asked any such questions. All straightforward things. Not sure why. Lets hope for the best.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.9
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Peony11740 wrote:
Hi all,

4, Why Foster?

Intense questions! I felt similarly "grilled" at my Ross interview (mumble).

Have my Skype interview tomorrow - thank you everyone for posting your questions!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hey guys,

Can international students apply to Foster in R4. Has any international student applied in R4? I mailed the school and received yes from the Program Assistant of the MBA admission and received no from Graduate Advisor. So I'm in a doubt. Plz provide your input.

Thanks.
NP
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.9
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Just finished my Skype interview and felt it was very short... How long was everyone's interview? Mine was 25min and very focused on my CV!

Walk me through your resume
How did find your jobs (this one was sort of confusing... she literally wanted to know how I found the jobs e.g. did I google and apply) - did anyone else get this very bizarre question?
How did you figure out what job to apply to next
How did you figure out you wanted to be in your current industry/position
Tell me about cross cultural experience/what did you learn from this
LT goals post-MBA
How will you stand out when applying to [internship place].
Tell me about a time you managed conflict
A compliment you've received at work
What do you do for fun
Do you have any questions for me

and other questions I don't remember...

Also, she did not ask me for my ID, which I find a little unsettling.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

Hope someone can shed some light on my problem. I applied for R3 (Jan 15, submitted the application on Jan 12) and haven't received any word about interviews or any other updates. Does this mean my chances of getting in are NIL? Should I have any hope at all?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
imswamy wrote:
Hi All,

Hope someone can shed some light on my problem. I applied for R3 (Jan 15, submitted the application on Jan 12) and haven't received any word about interviews or any other updates. Does this mean my chances of getting in are NIL? Should I have any hope at all?

To be honest, chances are pretty slim if you haven't heard anything yet!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
keats wrote:
imswamy wrote:
Hi All,

To be honest, chances are pretty slim if you haven't heard anything yet!

Yup thats what I thought. Oh well...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Video interview followed by waitlist
Intern
Intern
Send PM
utkarshprabhat wrote:
Video interview followed by waitlist

in the same boat here.. :(
is there anyone to give an advice or idea about how to get off the WL?

tks in advance and wish other applicants good luck..
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts