Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V36
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all George Washington MBA Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Congratulations Hasan2mn. My interview was on Dec 3 and I was also told that the decisions would be announced by 9th Dec. Still waiting :) Any scholarships from GWU?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all George Washington MBA Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
congrats hasan2mn :) What have you decided? Have they offered any scholarship decision with the admit?

I interviewed on 3rd Dec and I was also told that I'd be hearing back by the 9th Dec. Still haven't got a mail!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V36
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
artsrags ... Wait till today and then send an email tomorrow. As far as scholarship. I didn't get any. But I'm almost 100℅ covered with GI Bill. I am waiting on decisions from Georgetown, NYU and Columbia. Gonna make up my mind by end of January.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Received an admit with a scholarship package!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Awesome nikhil!! Congratulations to you :) When did you interview? I'm still waiting to hear back :(
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
artsrags wrote:
Awesome nikhil!! Congratulations to you :) When did you interview? I'm still waiting to hear back :(

Thanks! I interviewed with them in person in New Delhi on the 30th of November. Received an email on the 8th of December and received the admissions package today. Hang in there! I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just logged on to the portal to see the decisions. WAITLISTED :?

For others, log onto the portal to see your decisions.

Any advice on the waitlist mail reply and the additional stuff that I must do?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.47
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Applied for round 2, Got interview invite today!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
vinita19 wrote:
Applied for round 2, Got interview invite today!!

Congrats!
I got my invite too and scheduled it on 19th
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am excited to say that I just got my admit with full tuition scholarship!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V25
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
Have round 2 decisions started to roll out? i was interviewed in mid jan but still have not heard from the school.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
I don't think so bro
I haven't received any update myself

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 135
Send PM
Anyone got their admissions results today?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.39
WE:Analyst (Real Estate)
Send PM
mhngo wrote:
Anyone got their admissions results today?

Admitted! I did not receive an e-mail though, just checked the online portal myself. The acceptance letter does not include any information about the scholarship or the deadline/1st deposit for my admission decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi friends,
Received an admit for the GMBA program (Fall session) offered by GWU. As per the message, I would be receiving the detailed admissions package in a few days. Anyone else who has received an offer and contemplating joining? Anyone knows about when I can expect a decision on the scholarship? Also, I am awaiting decisions from University of Pittsburgh & Boston school of business. Any opinions of the 3 schools and which one of these is the better one?
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3132 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
A quote from PiyushK (Current GWU MBA-student) on the last years forum page->

Quote:
A piece of advise for internationals give last priority to schools based in Washington DC. 99% jobs and internships are in federal sector and internationals are not eligible for them (even in companies like E&Y, BAH, PWC, Deloitte, TCS, etc.) , and I hope nobody would be interested in unpaid internships. Ground reality is quite different; contact current international students to understand the challenges they are meeting. As per my knowledge story is just opposite in schools located in commercial hubs such as Chicago, Boston, North California and New York, so keep your focus on such similar commercial locations.

And same applies to Georgetown.
I hope it helps someone who is stuck between schools from say Chicago and DC areas.

Location of a school is as important as its ranking.

P.S-> GWU is a great school.So for those with no other options => It might be a great choice.

Regards
Stone Cold
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 2.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
nikhilgupta1990 wrote:
Received an admit with a scholarship package!

Hey! I got an admit as well. I have a question though. The emails says "Admissions Committee has attached a scholarship package valued up to $xx" . Is it really $xx scholarship? What does "upto" mean here?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts