Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:03 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Technology, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51456 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I just finished my skype interview. I felt it was very conversational, and my interviewer actively tried to make me feel welcome. I was asked standard why MBA, why Haas and goals questions followed by a few behavioral questions. I know chances are slim for Indians, but I love Haas just for how welcoming the school feels.

Thanks Lily1111 for all the inputs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
souvik101990 wrote:
I just finished my skype interview. I felt it was very conversational, and my interviewer actively tried to make me feel welcome. I was asked standard why MBA, why Haas and goals questions followed by a few behavioral questions. I know chances are slim for Indians, but I love Haas just for how welcoming the school feels.

You are very welcome! :) Good luck to everyone, 8 days left!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Lily1111 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

You are very welcome! :) Good luck to everyone, 8 days left!

And it actually looks like they start calling Monday based on past year/round trends! So we don't have that many days left to go
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Beyond Yourself EMBA Fellowship An Enduring Class Gift

How much do the members of the Berkeley MBA for Executives class of 2016 believe in the power of going Beyond Yourself? Enough to provide an EMBA fellowship to help “future alumni” participate in the program. 

“From the beginning, our class lived by the motto, ‘leave no one behind,’” according to Liz Lowry, vice president of Business Development at INgrooves Music Group and the class VP for Alumni Relations. “We support one another through everything from missed class sessions to marriages, deaths, and births,” she notes. 

“When it came time to discuss our class gift, we solicited our classmates for thoughts on ways we could Question the Status Quo and leave a lasting legacy as Berkeley Leaders,” says Liz (pictured above at the fellowship campaign kickoff). “We decided on a needs-based fellowship, with a goal of ensuring no future EMBA would be left behind because of financial need.” 

The amount of the fellowship had to be “meaningful enough to make a difference in someone’s decision-making process about enrolling,” Liz recalls. “We also wanted it to endure over time. The committee overseeing the class gift asked each student to donate $1,000. The response was overwhelming. The class raised $73,452, directly and through employer matching gifts, to provide a $25,000 Beyond Yourself Fellowship. The amount raised, Liz says, is further testament to just how much she and her classmates value each other and their Berkeley-Haas experience. 

The first applicants will be from the incoming class of 2018. Members of the EMBA 2016 class will review the applicants’ personal statements, however the final recipient will be chosen by the Financial Aid and Admissions offices. “My classmates and I may never know who receives our fellowship,” Liz adds. “The recipients may not want to reveal themselves, and that is absolutely fine with my classmates and me. This isn’t about drawing attention to the EMBA 16 class. The goal of the fellowship is to ensure another EMBA student can share the incredible camaraderie and Berkeley-Haas education that we all cherish.” 

The Beyond Yourself Fellowship is one of two fellowships available to prospective Executive MBA students, along with financial aid from outside sources. Visit the Haas Financial Aid website for complete information, including timelines, or schedule a consultation with the Admissions Office.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I visited haas on march 1st and boy i didn't expect it to be that good. Class visit, campus and reaction from students was brilliant.Its surely on my radar now for upcoming admission season
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hey guys,

My app changed from "Interview and Review" to "Application Under Review". I'm guessing this is a ding? Or does this just mean they made the decision about my app?
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
deetdeet wrote:
Hey guys,

My app changed from "Interview and Review" to "Application Under Review". I'm guessing this is a ding? Or does this just mean they made the decision about my app?

No I think it means your interviewer has submitted the report and the adcoms are reviewing it.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
deetdeet wrote:
Hey guys,

No I think it means your interviewer has submitted the report and the adcoms are reviewing it.

My interviewer said she submitted the report right after our interview though, which was over a month ago. Weird. I've seen past instances where people both got admitted and denied when their status changed >_<
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My interview was 3 weeks ago, and my status still reads "Interview and Review" so no idea what the status changes mean.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: The MBA and Meaningful Work: Meet Jim Trenkle of Gilead Sciences

As a successful bench research scientist for pharmaceutical developer Gilead Sciences, Jim Trenkle, MBA 16, found himself wondering about what came next in the life cycle from bench to bedside.

His team had been involved in the most successful pharmaceutical launch of all time: the Hepatitus C drug Harvoni earned revenues of $14 billion in its first year of sale.

But Jim became increasingly curious about later stages of the supply chain: How is a drug introduced into the marketplace? What is its long-term impact downstream? How will it benefit mankind?

Exploring outside the boundaries of his job title 
In a new role as senior manager of the Liver Disease Project, Jim moved from working on a single drug to managing the entire Hepatitis C and liver fibrosis portfolios. And still he wondered what lay beyond the parameters of his specific job title.

“I was interested in in thinking more deeply about business problems,” he remembers, “but pharma is not renowned for people development.” So he began considering an MBA as a path to more meaningful work.

(Wondering about your possible path to more meaningful work? Click here to get our five steps to making your next career move.) While Gilead offered its own internal MBA course, Jim again challenged the culture’s thinking and applied to the evening weekend MBA program that excited him most: the one at Berkeley Haas. “People had also told me that portfolio management was an administrative role and wouldn’t be right for me,” he says, “but it didn’t hold me back. I was there for reasons of my own.”

Making the shift from science to business thinking
Once he joined the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program, he found the kind of practice and exposure to new disciplines he’d been seeking. As he learned basic business competence and financial modeling skills, the leap from science to business thinking came naturally. “I found ways to connect the work I was doing at Gilead with my coursework,” he says. “For my game theory course, I wrote a paper on pharmaceutical pricing. I looked for opportunities to marry the two in a synergistic way.”

During his three years in the EWMBA program, Jim made two more moves within Gilead – first to associate director of the Liver Disease Project and Portfolio Management and more recently to associate director of Commercial Planning for Liver Disease. His new degree prepared him to take on increased responsibilities for analyzing, forecasting, and decision-making. “Building on my basic science background, my new skills allow me to tie that into a financial model and put some hard numbers next to what a project could be worth,” he says.

The deeper satisfaction of a broader perspective
 With each internal move he’s made, Jim has found deeper satisfaction in the broader perspective he’s achieved on pharmaceutical development, from the raw science to its impact on patients, their families, and doctors. He credits his own iterative process with helping to determine what “more meaningful work” looks like, reflecting on his own values and motivations.

But his trajectory is far from over. “I don’t know where this journey’s taking me,” Jim says, “but I have an internal compass. As long as I’m aligned with my central purpose, each step is important. I own my individual story.”

Are you considering a career move for more meaningful work? Get our five steps

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck to everyone this week! If previous rounds are any indications, calls should start to go out today, and continue through Thursday morning.
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anyone heard yet? Few Russians have received calls, as reported on Livewire.
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
My app just went from interview and review or app under review. Guess this is the end of the road and this years application for me. All the best to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 4
Send PM
Just had a status change from "Interview and Review" to "Application under review"... is that a ding?
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
stons wrote:
Just had a status change from "Interview and Review" to "Application under review"... is that a ding?

Same here. Where are you from? It could be a ding. I had the same this morning.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
I don't think it means a ding. Mine was changed from "interview and review" to "application under review" a few days ago. I wouldn't read too much into it. Haas app status is pretty mysterious and many applicants report many different texts through the process.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Technology, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
It is not a ding! Accepted students had that status after interview

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts