Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:57 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Ankitsahu84 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about Kira video essay? How many questions? what examples of the question asked?

Hi Mo2men,
I completed my Kira essay. It had 6 video questions, most had 20 - 30 secs to prepare and 1 minute to answer, I believe there was one where I had to answer in 1.5 minutes.

The questions were pretty basic like describe a situation where you were leading a team or what did you learn from a failure of yours...

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for your response and I wish you all the best.

Can you please mention more questions. You only listed 2? i hope you still remember them as it would be helpful :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Mo2men wrote:
Ankitsahu84 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about Kira video essay? How many questions? what examples of the question asked?

Hi Mo2men,
I completed my Kira essay. It had 6 video questions, most had 20 - 30 secs to prepare and 1 minute to answer, I believe there was one where I had to answer in 1.5 minutes.

The questions were pretty basic like describe a situation where you were leading a team or what did you learn from a failure of yours...

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for your response and I wish you all the best.

Can you please mention more questions. You only listed 2? i hope you still remember them as it would be helpful :)

Don't remember the other questions, but they were very casual. Just be yourself.

Not sure what exactly the adcom reviews in these video questions but I got interview invite within 6-8 hours of submitting the Kira videos.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Ankitsahu84 wrote:

Don't remember the other questions, but they were very casual. Just be yourself.

Not sure what exactly the adcom reviews in these video questions but I got interview invite within 6-8 hours of submitting the Kira videos.

From what I understand, they want to make sure that you are able to communicate verbally, speak at least coherent english and are able to think on your feet. I do not think the content of the answers matters tremendously. Basically, many applicants have their hands held through the whole process, with essays often being "touched up" to the point that they are far beyond what they applicant would be capable of and it makes it hard to evaluate. The video questions remove these handicaps and isolates the applicant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was interviewed last night. It lasted 40 minutes and the questions were more on the lines of Why Krannert, Why MBA, etc.

I was told that the final decision may take 3-4 weeks. Waiting eagerly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
@ankitsahu,

Can you please tell more about your profile?

Also, Toefl is mandatory for international students right - what's the min score accepted?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
phoenix2805 wrote:
@ankitsahu,

Can you please tell more about your profile?

Also, Toefl is mandatory for international students right - what's the min score accepted?

IT BHU grad from 2006, working in IT industry and digital product space, worked in US for 4 years, led a business unit of IT services,

TOEFL is mandatory, 90 is minimum I guess.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

I'm in!! Admitted with 1 year GA Scholarship.

I applied 09/29 and got the admitted email yesterday 10/12. The Adcom committee is amazing.
It was a long path until here. Two years I dedicated my life to get into Krannert. For those who are struggling: be confident, be yourself, demonstrate WHY PURDUE in the most sincere way and everything will work out.

Hope to see you guys next year.

I will be happy to answer any questions you guys might have.

Boiler up!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bitenca wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm in!! Admitted with 1 year GA Scholarship.

I applied 09/29 and got the admitted email yesterday 10/12. The Adcom committee is amazing.
It was a long path until here. Two years I dedicated my life to get into Krannert. For those who are struggling: be confident, be yourself, demonstrate WHY PURDUE in the most sincere way and everything will work out.

Hope to see you guys next year.

I will be happy to answer any questions you guys might have.

Boiler up!

Hi,
Congratulations!!
How did they inform you about scholarship? Was it in the first email of admittance or later? I have been admitted as well, however I do not have any communication on scholarship. I was interviewed on 11 Oct and admitted on 12 Oct IST but no communication on scholarship yet.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72900 [2]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Krannert DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 8 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:650 (Q49 V30), GPA: 3.4, Industry: Internet and New Media, WE 132, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 48 minutes ago, from Brazil, GPA: 3.74, Industry: Retail, WE 64, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
I got a call from an assistant director today around noon and they spoke with me for 5 minutes congratulating me and explaining what will happen next, and he told me that I was admitted with a 1year GA.

Congratulations man!! Happy to be with you in this challenging and exciting school!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bitenca wrote:
I got a call from an assistant director today around noon and they spoke with me for 5 minutes congratulating me and explaining what will happen next, and he told me that I was admitted with a 1year GA.

Congratulations man!! Happy to be with you in this challenging and exciting school!!

Congrats to you as well!! It will be an exciting journey.

I haven't heard of any scholarship yet. I may hear something this week.

Why is this group so inactive? I am concerned whether Krannert demand has gone down over the years? Or it has been historically like this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
bitenca wrote:

What specialization in MBA are you looking for?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Thank you Phoenix! I will go for Operations and Information Systems. Did you apply for fall 2018?

It is very early in the admission process I think that is why this topic is not on fire, but let the months pass by, prospects will go crazy here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Hi guys,
Congratulations on your acceptance to the ones accepted already! And good luck with the process to the rest of you.
I am a first year MBA student at Krannert.
If you have any questions regarding the admission process or the school in general, please do not hesitate in contact me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 169 [0]
Given Kudos: 178
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
alramda wrote:
Hi guys,
Congratulations on your acceptance to the ones accepted already! And good luck with the process to the rest of you.
I am a first year MBA student at Krannert.
If you have any questions regarding the admission process or the school in general, please do not hesitate in contact me.

Hi alramda,

COuple of questions..

What proportion of students in class get scholarship/fee waiver/TA/GA?

Also what is the average amount of scholarship offered?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Hi alramda,

COuple of questions..

What proportion of students in class get scholarship/fee waiver/TA/GA?

Also what is the average amount of scholarship offered?[/quote]

Hello,

I do not have the exact %, but I believe it's around 60% maybe. Most people get offered a GA or TA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Guys,

I do not see an option for Video Essay in my application.
Something wrong? Or will I get a link after I submit the application?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts