Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 11:14 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51455 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
The status of my application changed yesterday as they "received" a test result.
So I assume they reviewed my application only yesterday!
I guess hope is still there somewhere.
Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
As a quick aside, my school's transcript reporting service sent in my electronic official transcript and it was received on Oct 26th by the email outlined in the interview invite, according to a confirmation email I got from that reporting service. My app status page still hadn't updated the transcript as received by Oct 31, so I emailed UCLA, and they responded back saying that the transcript takes 7-10 days to show up on said status page. I'm assuming that they mean 7-10 business days, i.e. 1.5-2 weeks? Because my transcript still shows as missing...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
kayjaysay wrote:
As a quick aside, my school's transcript reporting service sent in my electronic official transcript and it was received on Oct 26th by the email outlined in the interview invite, according to a confirmation email I got from that reporting service. My app status page still hadn't updated the transcript as received by Oct 31, so I emailed UCLA, and they responded back saying that the transcript takes 7-10 days to show up on said status page. I'm assuming that they mean 7-10 business days, i.e. 1.5-2 weeks? Because my transcript still shows as missing...

The same happened with me. The status got updated within a week. I would say don't worry and check after a week.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
GrannyStalker44 wrote:
The status of my application changed yesterday as they "received" a test result.
Best of luck!

Hey! I just checked mine and the same thing just happened to me...so weird. I sent my scores about the same day as the application. I hope you are right that that means that they have just now gotten around to reviewing my app.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
GrannyStalker44 wrote:
Best of luck!

Hey! I just checked mine and the same thing just happened to me...so weird. I sent my scores about the same day as the application. I hope you are right that that means that they have just now gotten around to reviewing my app.

My scores still have red crosses in front of them.

Director
Director
Send PM
kromay wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
GrannyStalker44 wrote:
Best of luck!

Thanks for the info! I definitely think this means that they are adding the checks as they review the apps...I honestly thought that they had already read my application and decided not to interview me and that's why it wasn't updating. I checked it yesterday and I had a red X, but today there is a check.....so pure speculation but I really think it may mean that if you have a red X they haven't processed your app yet....there is hope for us still!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
kromay wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
[quote="GrannyStalker44"]The status of my application changed yesterday as they "received" a test result.
Best of luck!

Guys, are you done with your interview?

Thanks for the info! I definitely think this means that they are adding the checks as they review the apps...I honestly thought that they had already read my application and decided not to interview me and that's why it wasn't updating. I checked it yesterday and I had a red X, but today there is a check.....so pure speculation but I really think it may mean that if you have a red X they haven't processed your app yet....there is hope for us still!![/quote]

Director
Director
Send PM
I haven't been invited yet
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:

Okay! Wish you good luck!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:

Good luck and congrats for the other invites you did get.
Off topic a bit but I already work on my R2 apps and I wonder, are Mccombs and Anderson considered peer schools ?
Director
Director
Send PM
gmtl wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:

Off topic a bit but I already work on my R2 apps and I wonder, are Mccombs and Anderson considered peer schools ?

Thank you! And I think the answer to this depends on your career goals. If your goals involve tech I would say they are peer schools. If it is another industry I am really not sure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GRE 1: Q168 V162
Send PM
[/quote]
Off topic a bit but I already work on my R2 apps and I wonder, are Mccombs and Anderson considered peer schools ?[/quote]

Anderson> Mccombs, they are not in the same league..(correct me if )
Director
Director
Send PM
Mgmtfranc wrote:

Off topic a bit but I already work on my R2 apps and I wonder, are Mccombs and Anderson considered peer schools ?[/quote]

Anderson> Mccombs, they are not in the same league..(correct me if )[/quote]

I disagree. I would say they are in the same league. They’re only 2 apart in us news rankings. The only thing to consider if you’re going into tech is Anderson is much closer to tech recruiters but i definitely wouldn’t say they’re in different leagues the level of education is pretty comparable in my opinion.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
Mgmtfranc wrote:

Anderson> Mccombs, they are not in the same league..(correct me if )

I disagree. I would say they are in the same league. They’re only 2 apart in us news rankings. The only thing to consider if you’re going into tech is Anderson is much closer to tech recruiters but i definitely wouldn’t say they’re in different leagues the level of education is pretty comparable in my opinion.

If you consider FT rankings - they are 14 ranks apart globally and 6 ranks apart in US (UCLA 15, McComb 21).
Whether you consider these rankings to the stone is a different thing (although I put FT rankings in a better light)
But in terms of class profile, admit rate and prestige (and job offers?) UCLA looks better.

I would consider UNC and McCombs to be peer schools(with UNC better than McCombs).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Well obviously career goals matter but I was more wondering about the brand, because the rankings sometime lie. Not saying anything about Chicago but is Chicago a better school than Stanford because it's ranked
higher? Stanford and Chicago are not even peer schools. Anyway I meant in terms of brand (inside the US and not near the schools' region), are they considered equally "strong"?

Originally posted by gmtl on 10 Nov 2017, 15:27.
Last edited by gmtl on 11 Nov 2017, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Is there a possibility of an invite from UCLA at this stage of the game ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Will wait for another week or couple..looks like some of us would be moved to WL without interview
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts