GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 16:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.9
WE: Accounting (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 05:35
K.Ramesh wrote:
M@Arya wrote:
Has anybody received the additional question and 15-minute phone conversation mail from Anderson?

Yep, I did have this! It was because they wanted clarification on one of the answers I’d given in my interview (and it was an answer I wasn’t really happy with, as soon as I gave it anyways, lol). I had fumbled the question about teamwork, and one of the adcoms called me and gave me a chance to clarify my answer.

Ramesh, I wish that would happen to me as long as I get the acceptance.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 05:06
FuturePM91 wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
GrannyStalker44 wrote:
The status of my application changed yesterday as they "received" a test result.
So I assume they reviewed my application only yesterday!
I guess hope is still there somewhere.
Best of luck!

Hey! I just checked mine and the same thing just happened to me...so weird. I sent my scores about the same day as the application. I hope you are right that that means that they have just now gotten around to reviewing my app.

My scores still have red crosses in front of them.

Thanks for the info! I definitely think this means that they are adding the checks as they review the apps...I honestly thought that they had already read my application and decided not to interview me and that's why it wasn't updating. I checked it yesterday and I had a red X, but today there is a check.....so pure speculation but I really think it may mean that if you have a red X they haven't processed your app yet....there is hope for us still!!

I had my fingers crossed but now I don't think this is true. I still have the Red Crosses for my GMAT and TOEFL reports and its too late for interview invites now
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '20
Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 09:35
Does the application status change to under review when it is actually reviewed? mine is still on submitted...you guys think it is time to say goodbye to anderson?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.18

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 10:11
Frank1990RM wrote:
Does the application status change to under review when it is actually reviewed? mine is still on submitted...you guys think it is time to say goodbye to anderson?

Mine still says "Application Submitted on 10/03/17", and I've already interviewed.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 23:51
alright, let's do this. I'm in for round 2.

I'm really hopeful about Anderson! I've taken some classes there, and it was a blast. I also live 2 miles from campus, so I wouldn't even have to move to attend :)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 00:16
dokay wrote:
Hey guys,

Nice job to everyone working on an application, what an exciting time! I'm a current UCLA FEMBA student and I recently built an app with a classmate (the OutOfOffice app) that connects successful professionals through interest groups and in-person events. We just opened up a new group for MBA preparation in LA, and we would love to get motivated MBA seekers in the loop. Our MBA prep group is for a wide range of people including current students, alum, admissions reps, MBA prospects and more. We are working with both the full and part time programs at UCLA Anderson and encourage those pursuing an MBA at UCLA to check it out. Join the group for application advice, admissions updates, knowledge sharing, etc. The login credentials are employer based, so let me know if your company or organization is not on the list and we can potentially make adjustments (previous employer if you are currently unemployed). See link to the app in the app store below, thanks!

https://appsto.re/us/5UEllb.i

Andrew

damnit andy, as if the spam i got from you on linkedin wasn't enough.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 03:18
Hi,

I had a question about the application process and would be very grateful to hear from international applicants who have already submitted.

Do Indian applicants who have completed their Undergrads from Institutes where English was the sole medium, need to write the TOEFL? The website mentions, yes but an old admissions chat (2015) mentioned otherwise. Have any of you requested and been granted a waiver (may be based on GMAT etc.)?

Thanks a lot in anticipation.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 03:24
DreamyEyed wrote:
Hi,

I had a question about the application process and would be very grateful to hear from international applicants who have already submitted.

Do Indian applicants who have completed their Undergrads from Institutes where English was the sole medium, need to write the TOEFL? The website mentions, yes but an old admissions chat (2015) mentioned otherwise. Have any of you requested and been granted a waiver (may be based on GMAT etc.)?

Hi DreamyEyed,

You still have to submit a TOEFL score even if the medium of instruction in your college was only English.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 04:37
MBAClassof2020 wrote:
DreamyEyed wrote:
Hi,

Hi DreamyEyed,

You still have to submit a TOEFL score even if the medium of instruction in your college was only English.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your kind response! Really appreciate.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 05:05
DreamyEyed wrote:
MBAClassof2020 wrote:
DreamyEyed wrote:
Hi,

Hi DreamyEyed,

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your kind response! Really appreciate.

Wish you good luck!

Manager
Manager
B
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Dec 2017, 20:11

!
Post Removed. Profile evaluation requests are not allowed in bschool threads. Pay attention to forum rules. Thank you!

Originally posted by GoodGuy on 09 Dec 2017, 11:46.
Last edited by Narenn on 09 Dec 2017, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
Mod Warning
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.56

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 11:36
Hi, decision-week anxiety is kicking in!

I was looking at past years and it seems like people actually start receiving acceptance calls the day prior to the listed decision date, then acceptance/rejection/wait-list emails the following day (listed decision date). I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but that's the general trend I saw. Is this what others observed too?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 13:22
So phone calls should roll out tomorrow? Has anyone done any analysis based on past years to determine whether or not to expect accepted calls on Friday as well? Does everyone who gets in get a call?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 21:25
Anonymous1992 wrote:
So phone calls should roll out tomorrow? Has anyone done any analysis based on past years to determine whether or not to expect accepted calls on Friday as well? Does everyone who gets in get a call?

The calls will start today and will keep coming till tomorrow. I guess everything admitted candidate gets a call.
All the best!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2017, 06:54
Just got the call. 2:50 AM New Zealand time. There goes my sleep, but I'm glad the caller woke me up for it!
Admitted
14 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 760, Q50, V42; GPA: 3.2; WE: 73 months; India; via Phone
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2017, 08:18
Got the call 10:20 PM in Taiwan. Admitted^^

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2017, 08:26
Admitted
14 Dec, 2017
flickster42490 GMAT: 710, Q48, V40; GPA: 3.3; WE: 60 months; United States; via Phone
Admitted
14 Dec, 2017
eegali GMAT: 710, Q47, V40; WE: 58 months; United States, LA; via Phone
GMAT Club Bot
Applicant status &nbs [#permalink] 14 Dec 2017, 11:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  29    Next  [ 563 posts ] 

Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mihir0710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap