It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 21:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 12:29
souvik101990 wrote:
Man these California schools are really testing patience. I would be very upset if it’s game over time.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Apparently I have decided to move on and focus on the invites I have!

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 18041 [0], given: 1990

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 12:30
Satya090 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Man these California schools are really testing patience. I would be very upset if it’s game over time.

I guess that’s a very wise thing to do. Which other schools are you looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18041 [0], given: 1990

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 12:35
souvik101990 wrote:
Satya090 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

I guess that’s a very wise thing to do. Which other schools are you looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently I have 5 invites along with a waiver from Kellogg. Since I have moved on from UCLA and Kellogg, I am looking at UNC Kenan-Flagler for now!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 19:28
The status of my application changed yesterday as they "received" a test result.
So I assume they reviewed my application only yesterday!
I guess hope is still there somewhere.
Best of luck!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.72
Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 19:47
As a quick aside, my school's transcript reporting service sent in my electronic official transcript and it was received on Oct 26th by the email outlined in the interview invite, according to a confirmation email I got from that reporting service. My app status page still hadn't updated the transcript as received by Oct 31, so I emailed UCLA, and they responded back saying that the transcript takes 7-10 days to show up on said status page. I'm assuming that they mean 7-10 business days, i.e. 1.5-2 weeks? Because my transcript still shows as missing...

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.85
Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 20:10
kayjaysay wrote:
As a quick aside, my school's transcript reporting service sent in my electronic official transcript and it was received on Oct 26th by the email outlined in the interview invite, according to a confirmation email I got from that reporting service. My app status page still hadn't updated the transcript as received by Oct 31, so I emailed UCLA, and they responded back saying that the transcript takes 7-10 days to show up on said status page. I'm assuming that they mean 7-10 business days, i.e. 1.5-2 weeks? Because my transcript still shows as missing...

The same happened with me. The status got updated within a week. I would say don't worry and check after a week.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 38

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 07:22
GrannyStalker44 wrote:
The status of my application changed yesterday as they "received" a test result.
Best of luck!

Hey! I just checked mine and the same thing just happened to me...so weird. I sent my scores about the same day as the application. I hope you are right that that means that they have just now gotten around to reviewing my app.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 07:24
FuturePM91 wrote:
GrannyStalker44 wrote:
Best of luck!

Hey! I just checked mine and the same thing just happened to me...so weird. I sent my scores about the same day as the application. I hope you are right that that means that they have just now gotten around to reviewing my app.

My scores still have red crosses in front of them.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 07:32
kromay wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
GrannyStalker44 wrote:
Best of luck!

Thanks for the info! I definitely think this means that they are adding the checks as they review the apps...I honestly thought that they had already read my application and decided not to interview me and that's why it wasn't updating. I checked it yesterday and I had a red X, but today there is a check.....so pure speculation but I really think it may mean that if you have a red X they haven't processed your app yet....there is hope for us still!!

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 07:40
FuturePM91 wrote:
kromay wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
[quote="GrannyStalker44"]The status of my application changed yesterday as they "received" a test result.
Best of luck!

Guys, are you done with your interview?

Thanks for the info! I definitely think this means that they are adding the checks as they review the apps...I honestly thought that they had already read my application and decided not to interview me and that's why it wasn't updating. I checked it yesterday and I had a red X, but today there is a check.....so pure speculation but I really think it may mean that if you have a red X they haven't processed your app yet....there is hope for us still!![/quote]

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 07:45
I haven't been invited yet

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 07:51
FuturePM91 wrote:

Okay! Wish you good luck!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Schools: Stanford '20 (D)

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 09:49
FuturePM91 wrote:

Good luck and congrats for the other invites you did get.
Off topic a bit but I already work on my R2 apps and I wonder, are Mccombs and Anderson considered peer schools ?

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 09:53
gmtl wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:

Off topic a bit but I already work on my R2 apps and I wonder, are Mccombs and Anderson considered peer schools ?

Thank you! And I think the answer to this depends on your career goals. If your goals involve tech I would say they are peer schools. If it is another industry I am really not sure.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GRE 1: 330 Q168 V162

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 09:20
[/quote]
Off topic a bit but I already work on my R2 apps and I wonder, are Mccombs and Anderson considered peer schools ?[/quote]

Anderson> Mccombs, they are not in the same league..(correct me if )

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 09:31
Mgmtfranc wrote:

Off topic a bit but I already work on my R2 apps and I wonder, are Mccombs and Anderson considered peer schools ?[/quote]

Anderson> Mccombs, they are not in the same league..(correct me if )[/quote]

I disagree. I would say they are in the same league. They’re only 2 apart in us news rankings. The only thing to consider if you’re going into tech is Anderson is much closer to tech recruiters but i definitely wouldn’t say they’re in different leagues the level of education is pretty comparable in my opinion.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 10:05
FuturePM91 wrote:
Mgmtfranc wrote:

Anderson> Mccombs, they are not in the same league..(correct me if )

I disagree. I would say they are in the same league. They’re only 2 apart in us news rankings. The only thing to consider if you’re going into tech is Anderson is much closer to tech recruiters but i definitely wouldn’t say they’re in different leagues the level of education is pretty comparable in my opinion.

If you consider FT rankings - they are 14 ranks apart globally and 6 ranks apart in US (UCLA 15, McComb 21).
Whether you consider these rankings to the stone is a different thing (although I put FT rankings in a better light)
But in terms of class profile, admit rate and prestige (and job offers?) UCLA looks better.

I would consider UNC and McCombs to be peer schools(with UNC better than McCombs).

Intern
Intern
B

Schools: Stanford '20 (D)

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 14:27
Well obviously career goals matter but I was more wondering about the brand, because the rankings sometime lie. Not saying anything about Chicago but is Chicago a better school than Stanford because it's ranked
higher? Stanford and Chicago are not even peer schools. Anyway I meant in terms of brand (inside the US and not near the schools' region), are they considered equally "strong"?

Last edited by gmtl on 11 Nov 2017, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 15:18
Is there a possibility of an invite from UCLA at this stage of the game ?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 23:43
Will wait for another week or couple..looks like some of us would be moved to WL without interview

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2017, 23:43

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15    Next  [ 293 posts ] 

Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mihir0710

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap