Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 18:12 It is currently 13 May 2024, 18:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: 1973 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 5221 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021 [#permalink]
yatharth15 wrote:
Hi I am planning to apply by round 1, is 700 GMAT good enough for Rotman.

The average GMAT score for Rotman in the last 2 years is around the 670 mark

I think it is very difficult to suggest if you have a good chance with the GMAT score,
but I would agree that the chances of getting through might be a little more difficult
this year.

You could post your detailed profile for an evaluation by the experts at the below-given link
https://gmatclub.com/forum/please-evalu ... 27367.html
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 5221 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Bookmarks
sheiquiroga wrote:
Hi Class of 2021! I'm Sheila Quiroga and I would like to share my blog, https://wondersuite.blogspot.com, to you that I recently updated. Please do follow my blog and share them on your feed please! You can scroll all the way down or look at the labels button beside to access the important articles. Hope you find this useful!

Thanks for the detailed write-up as always - sheiquiroga

I would like to re-iterate what SugandhaM said. You have been a constant source of
help for all applicants throughout the application journey last year. Hope we will have
you to guide us this year as well.

For those who haven't already read the entire blog, make sure to read at least
the below-given post before you begin to interview for Rotman or any other school :)

https://wondersuite.blogspot.com/2017/07 ... w=magazine
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi All,
I am really not sure if this question should be asked here, but it is kind of disturbing me for many days now - Mod may feel free to delete it.

I have six years of expereince working with Government and non-profit in India (Managerial positions) and starting this July 2018 - I have moved to Toronto as a Permanent Resident. I am now working as Sales and Customer Service Represntative and trying to find even a better job simultaneously.

Now the questions:
1) Do you really think it makes sense for me to do a MBA now? My expereince in India is in different space and I am 31 now. Also what I am doing now is different. Moreover, I want to have a career in sales and marketing now - Not sure where I am going with this.
2) Having said the above, do you think a costly program like Rotman is a good investment - now or in future?

Please do share your expereinces and thought - I am totally against a wall.

Best,
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 587 [1]
Given Kudos: 165
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
abhijeets13 wrote:
Hi All,
I am really not sure if this question should be asked here, but it is kind of disturbing me for many days now - Mod may feel free to delete it.

I have six years of expereince working with Government and non-profit in India (Managerial positions) and starting this July 2018 - I have moved to Toronto as a Permanent Resident. I am now working as Sales and Customer Service Represntative and trying to find even a better job simultaneously.

Now the questions:
1) Do you really think it makes sense for me to do a MBA now? My expereince in India is in different space and I am 31 now. Also what I am doing now is different. Moreover, I want to have a career in sales and marketing now - Not sure where I am going with this.
2) Having said the above, do you think a costly program like Rotman is a good investment - now or in future?

Best,

Hi Abhijeet,
Your current position seems to be considerably lower than your positions back in India. That may work for the short term as you get your foothold in a new country, but it will start bothering you soon. An MBA will give you access to a local Canadian network that will be crucial in finding good jobs. Secondly, a managerial level marketing job will require an MBA, so an MBA seems like a good idea afterall.
You can debate whether Rotman is the right choice or not, from a duration and cost perspective. Do you want to be away from work for two years or would you rather do a one year MBA, more aligned with your age? Here's an interesting comparison I found on a b-school website to calculate the ROI of Canada's top two MBAs. Have a look: https://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/finance/opp ... alculator/
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
abhijeets13 wrote:
Hi All,

Now the questions:

Best,

Hi Abhijeet,
Your current position seems to be considerably lower than your positions back in India. That may work for the short term as you get your foothold in a new country, but it will start bothering you soon. An MBA will give you access to a local Canadian network that will be crucial in finding good jobs. Secondly, a managerial level marketing job will require an MBA, so an MBA seems like a good idea afterall.
You can debate whether Rotman is the right choice or not, from a duration and cost perspective. Do you want to be away from work for two years or would you rather do a one year MBA, more aligned with your age? Here's an interesting comparison I found on a b-school website to calculate the ROI of Canada's top two MBAs. Have a look

Hi Namita,

Thanks for your revert!

This is exactly where I am confused. I do not have a background in sales and marketing, nor do I have any expereince in it. How will an MBA help me without any relevant expereince? In this scenario, a year-long MBA looks a gamble becasue 80% class gets placed over six months (generally) and this is when all of them have sector-specific expereince. On the contrary, Rotman takes away 2-years and gives some comfort in the placement rate of the class.

or maybe I simply work for next 2-3 years and then comeback for an MBA - In this case, I will be way above the average age of the class and this might lower my selection chances

I hope you got my dilemma.

Best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Rotman '21
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.3
Send PM

!
Moderator Note: Post Removed. Do not post profile evaluation requests in this thread. Use this thread instead.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/please-evalu ... 27367.html

Originally posted by IshpalSingh on 10 Aug 2018, 04:29.
Last edited by pushpitkc on 16 Aug 2018, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Please use the profile evaluation thread!
Send PM
Hi Guyz,

There's a separate thread for the profile evaluation. Please use the following link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/please-evalu ... 27367.html

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
WE:Web Design (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi guys,

It might be a silly question, but I wanted to know if it is required for me to write TOEFL or IELTS if I graduated with a bachelors degree from National Institute of Technology, Warangal?

Thanks, in advance.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 5221 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mishraShubham wrote:
Hi guys,

It might be a silly question, but I wanted to know if it is required for me to write TOEFL or IELTS if I graduated with a bachelors degree from National Institute of Technology, Warangal?

Thanks, in advance.

Hey mishraShubham

As far as Canadian B-Schools(in general) go, IELTS is preferred over TOEFL.
Also, Rotman does not have any preference and both are accepted.

Got this from the ROTMAN website
Note: Students in India and Pakistan do not require further proof of English
language proficiency if they have graduated from an English-language university.

So, if Rotman is the only school you are applying to, you don't need either score.

Hope this helps you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
WE:Web Design (Computer Software)
Send PM
Quick question - I have a CGPA of 8.49/10 from NIT Warangal. How much would that be on a scale of 0-4 for Canadian schools? Is there a converter being used? Can somebody elucidate please? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Kudos
Hell term in Rotman is not a secret. Why? Couldn't these brilliant student survive the typical MBA courses? Hmm. See why in this article: Term 1 - Extra-curricular Activities and Career
https://wondersuite.blogspot.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 459 [0]
Given Kudos: 173
Send PM
sheiquiroga wrote:
Hell term in Rotman is not a secret. Why? Couldn't these brilliant student survive the typical MBA courses? Hmm. See why in this article: Term 1 - Extra-curricular Activities and Career
https://wondersuite.blogspot.com

Thanks, for sharing this amazing insight!! It looks exciting as well as intimidating. Kudos to all those who finished Term 1!!

Lot of interesting stuff happening there, particularly interested in the REVCA case competition & the VC investment competition.

Pretty evident that Rotman provides plenty of opportunity for team exercises & networking. However, I still have to explore your whole blog, have only read the latest post & i am hooked, can hardly wait to find more!

All the best for Term 2!!

Thanks,
GyM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi guys!! i guess everyone is in the thick of the application process, it seems it is quite daunting of a task to successfully apply to a B school. I have a query regarding recommendations, what questions or what information does Rotman ask from the recommenders?

The online application asks only for the "Recommender's name & email"

I will have to inform my recommender what to expect when i submit her email. Moreover i will have to guide her through the entire process, as she has never provided a recommendation for a B School applicant & she is at quite a senior level, but knows my work pretty well.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks,
GyM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
GyMrAT wrote:
Hi guys!! i guess everyone is in the thick of the application process, it seems it is quite daunting of a task to successfully apply to a B school. I have a query regarding recommendations, what questions or what information does Rotman ask from the recommenders?

The online application asks only for the "Recommender's name & email"

I will have to inform my recommender what to expect when i submit her email. Moreover i will have to guide her through the entire process, as she has never provided a recommendation for a B School applicant & she is at quite a senior level, but knows my work pretty well.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks,
GyM

Hey GyMrAT

A general recommendation will mostly contain some basic information about the candidate and his/her profile.

This is what one of the applicants had posted about the recommendation in the Rotman thread last year
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1965170

Hope this helps you!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
This thread has been unusually quiet for this time of the year :)

How's everybody doing with less than 45 days to go for the R1 deadline?
I hope most of you are done with the GMAT and working on stage 2 of the applications.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Thanks pushpitkc

That is very helpful.

Another query, the pictures for spike factor, do they have to be recent pictures?

I also read this "Organically weave your career goals around the picture(s) you upload—ideally one of those photos may help inform what you’d like to do after Rotman" in this article here https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/showcase-your-spike-factor-for-rotman-essays/

I am a bit confused, if my career goal is consulting for example, what kind of a picture will help inform that?

Will appreciate, if anyone can help decode this mystery of spike factor pictures.

Thanks,
GyM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi All,
Just to be certain, there is no separate essay for Rotman this year which is directly brushing against goals right ? If yes, among the pictures that one is thinking of using in the essay, one has to touch upon the goals as well right ?
Best,
VDC
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts