GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 04:39

ISB R1 results on Nov 15:

Join Chat Room for Live Updates

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.
  • Crafting Your Post-MBA Career Goals

November 17, 2018

November 17, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

How to think about crafting your Post-MBA career goals

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 04:19
I guess we cannot expect any update this weekend with Halloween and whatnot...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 01:55
Are the interview calls still taking place ?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 08:40
Hi Guys, I just got my admit. Immensely excited. This group is really great for real. Please feel free to messaged for any queries or anything to which I can contribute. Best, VDC

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 08:47
VijayDinanathChauhan wrote:
Hi Guys, I just got my admit. Immensely excited. This group is really great for real. Please feel free to messaged for any queries or anything to which I can contribute. Best, VDC

Congratulations! Could you please share the timeline of your application? When did you apply, get the interview invite and finally get the admit mail?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 09:04
anirbank91 wrote:

Congratulations! Could you please share the timeline of your application? When did you apply, get the interview invite and finally get the admit mail?
Thanks a lot. I applied on October 4, got the invite on October 16, got interviewed on October 23, and finally got admitted on November 2. Please feel free to message me if you have any queries. I am very happy to help.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 09:05

Congrats VDC!! On the other hand I think we can safely start assuming the end of R1 interview invites? Anyone here got an invite in the last two weeks?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 09:08
yvvinay20 wrote:

Congrats VDC!! On the other hand I think we can safely start assuming the end of R1 interview invites? Anyone here got an invite in the last two weeks?
I wouldn't go that far. Chris told me during the interview there is a great increase in the volumes of applications. Please don't assume anything unless told otherwise.

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 09:10
yvvinay20 wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. Chris told me during the interview there is a great increase in the volumes of applications. Please don't assume anything unless told otherwise.

Thank you for the information. Helps to keep the hope alive.
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 09:11
Congratulations!!
Did you have any interaction with Chris or anyone else from admissions team before applying? Will be great if you can throw some light on it.

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior PS Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 09:17
Congrats VDC on the admit. Very well deserved :)

You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 09:19
GoodGuy wrote:
Congratulations!!
Did you have any interaction with Chris or anyone else from admissions team before applying? Will be great if you can throw some light on it.

Yeah I met Chris once on Skype and very shortly after face to face in New Delhi. It helped I guess, my interview went pretty smooth coz of this ice breaking.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 09:20
pushpitkc wrote:
Congrats VDC on the admit. Very well deserved :)
Thank you very much my good Sir :)

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 09:37
GoodGuy wrote:
Congratulations!!

Yeah I met Chris once on Skype and very shortly after face to face in New Delhi. It helped I guess, my interview went pretty smooth coz of this ice breaking.

That's great Vijay!

Rotman must have really liked your profile as all R1 decisions are yet not out and you've got an admit even after technically applying in R2. How much scholarship did you get?

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 10:11
GoodGuy wrote:
GoodGuy wrote:
Congratulations!!

That's great Vijay!

Rotman must have really liked your profile as all R1 decisions are yet not out and you've got an admit even after technically applying in R2. How much scholarship did you get?

I got 10K. It is after all a drop in the ocean but I guess every drop helps :). Please let me know if I can help

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 10:21
That's amazing VDC. Thanks for your inputs till now. Will look forward to hear from you in future too. Good luck for all your future endeavors !!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 10:59

Congrats VDC!!. Can you please post the interview debrief in the top of this section? thanks a lot..
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '21 (II)

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 14:06
Got an interview invite today (Indian Applicant). Applied on 1st Oct. Planning to schedule the Skype interview around 18th.

So, I’m guessing the other Indian applicants shouldn’t lose hope as they’re still rolling out interview invites.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 18:23
Hi All,

Please see below a debrief for the entire Rotman application experience:

1) My profile: 7.5 years of work ex in corporate finance with majority in boutique IB firm in M&A consulting. I have worked on a few medium ticket size M&A transactions for international companies. CFA Charterholder. GMAT 710.
2) Spike factors: My advice on spike factors for people writing the essays is to keep them as personal as possible. Although the application does not explicitly state that spike factors gotta be personal but an interview will give you plenty of time to talk about your goals. If you can ? you can connect the spike factors with a goal in a very subtle but logical way in one of the spike factors
3)Interview: As I mentioned in one of the posts, I had an opportunity to meet Chris twice before the interview - Once over Skype Early September and next face to face in mid September in New Delhi. I guess this helped a lot in creating a basic foundation of comfort before the interview. Interview is very conversational in nature just like every other B-school interview. Interview is divided in to 4 parts - Introduction, Interview, Questions for Interviewer, and Next Steps. Get your basic stories very tight such as Why MBA ? Why Now ? Why Rotman ? and Why Canada ? you will be surprised that a lot of your interview prep will be through these 3-4 questions. Chris was picking his questions for me from my answers itself. See below a comprehensive list of questions. Keep a personal and professional instance ready for all of these situations. An interview last for 30 - 40 mins. Mine lasted for 55 mins coz I'm particularly loquacious. Remember it is your interview and you're the one in charge of guiding through it:

Introduction - Run me through your resume after under-grad. Keep it succinct and be sure to include personal anecdotes here (special note to my fellow Indians). Duration 5 - 7 minutes

Interview -
1) Leadership
2) An examples of networking (perhaps only professional)
3) 3 pillars of leadership (discuss any 2)
4) Failure, how did you cope up with it, and what did it teach you
5) ST/LT Goals
6) Plan B
Refer to previous year's forums for more questions, I might have forgotten a few. But choose your words very carefully. Write you answers well and practice them during a mock with a friend/s. Once last thing, it is good to know your story at the back of your hand but remember you don't have to sound robotic (again as advice to my fellow Indian, it is okay to stammer and be like "um" as conversational fillers). If you wanna think about something tell the interviewer can i take 5 secs ? but be sure to not take more to avoid awkwardness.

Questions for Interviewer - Don't just ask for the heck. Ask real questions to which you want answers. Interviewers have been doing it for a while and they'll know when you're being fake. My advice ? Ask people their life experiences people love to talk about their experiences

Next Steps - I dont have any inputs here...Interviewer will guide you on this perfectly dont worry..

Final few words - Be confident, Be real, and take charge of your interview (but not in a cocky way). Lets get that admit. I'm sure all the serious applicants must have connected with MBA students for getting to know Rotman better. It might be a good idea to refer to those students in your interview, but remember name dropping is like good scotch only good in a limited.

Best,
VDC
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 06:21
Hello everyone! I was a R1 applicant to Rotman and received my offer on 1 Nov. Though I am not new to GMAT Club as a voracious reader of the posts found here, I am totally new to posting in GMAT Club and this is my first post! Cheers~

In my case, the early announcement came as a surprise as I was told that the decision will take up to 3 weeks. The slight disadvantage for getting an early announcement is that the deposit is due before the results of the other business schools are released (the deposit is due in 30 days and the results of the other business schools are traditionally released just before Christmas).
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 10:25
It appears most of the time Rotman gets back to succesful candidates within a week,i interviewed 9 days ago and i haven't heard anything...im losing hope

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 06 Nov 2018, 10:25

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 234 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap