GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Aug 2019, 04:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 11:26
antiburn wrote:
Hello everyone! I was a R1 applicant to Rotman and received my offer on 1 Nov. Though I am not new to GMAT Club as a voracious reader of the posts found here, I am totally new to posting in GMAT Club and this is my first post! Cheers~

In my case, the early announcement came as a surprise as I was told that the decision will take up to 3 weeks. The slight disadvantage for getting an early announcement is that the deposit is due before the results of the other business schools are released (the deposit is due in 30 days and the results of the other business schools are traditionally released just before Christmas).

Hello antiburn,

Many congratulations on your admit to Rotman. If you had gone through the Interview process for Rotman, can you help us by adding your Interview debrief in the following link?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/rotman-toron ... brief.html

Thanks.
Schools: Rotman '21 (A$)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 07:11
Was invited to write a debrief too, so I'll just paste what I wrote over here, if it may be helpful:

I met up with my interviewer twice previously during the MBA Tours and a 1-1 Coffee Chat. My advice is to already know which schools you are aiming for before attending the MBA Tours and use your time there to network with their AdComms team voraciously, rather than go for these MBA Tours only to "find out more", unless you are not intending to apply in that intake. Keep a lookout for when your target school representatives make a visit to your country and network with their AdComms again. Make sure that they are aware of who you are and know you by name. Speak to alumni in those events only if you need to desperately know the culture of the school on that same day or to ask something which is not convenient to ask the AdComms team, because the AdComms team makes the final decision regarding whether you matriculate into the school, not the alumni. So spend as much physical time with the AdComms team, not alumni. Try to Skype the alumni instead, which is a 1-1 session and you can ask more personal questions. Be pleasant during networking - don't stand shyly at the back but don't hog the AdComms member talking to you or be aggressive towards others in the group. Your positive attributes (and negative ones) will be remembered. MBA classes are all about fit and being part of the team. The AdComms team have good memory despite seeing so many people in so many events.

For my interview, I enjoyed a small chit-chat at the beginning since the interviewer already knew my story via the 1-1 Coffee Chat and what I aspire to do after the MBA. Keep up to the latest news regarding Rotman, be it from their website, or from other sources. Preferably other sources. I managed to pick up an article on Rotman that was so recent (published only hours before the interview) that it didn't appear on Google, and the chit-chat revolved around that. It showed that I wasn't merely doing a last minute Google search on Rotman before the interview to impress, but rather I was really looking out for such news on an almost daily basis.

The standard questions followed:
- What led you to decide to apply to Rotman?
- Why Rotman instead of other schools?
- Why are you picking ****** as your career goal? (the interviewer remembered my career goal from the 1-1 Coffee Chat session, so make sure that your story doesn't contradict - if you have a very strong reason for reading an MBA, your story will always be consistent)
- Tell me when you faced an issue while working as a team
- Tell me an instance when networking helped you
- Tell me an instance when you learnt something valuable from someone (I spoke of someone I learnt a great deal from, and suddenly realised that he was one of my recommenders for Rotman when I was wrapping up my answer - crazy coincidence because I chose different recommenders for the different schools I applied to! - and just managed to mention this fact before the next question, or that moment would have been lost)
- Tell me one instance when you encountered a failure
- Is there anything that you wished I had asked you

Then came the questions to be posed to Rotman. Target to ask around 3 questions unless you had been really eloquent in your responses and the interview is already past 45 minutes. Use your own judgement, sense how tired the interviewer already is. If the interviewer is still energetic and raring to go, go ahead and ask questions but try not to go beyond 55 minutes so that they can prepare for the next interview and/or write positive notes about you after you log off.

Also, speak to alumni you are already friendly with to confirm that the problems you sighted in the programme have not been addressed (it would be a little embarrassing if the problems you thought were present had already been addressed in the recent intake).
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q168 V163

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 09:25
I received an offer via a Skype call from Leigh a while back :)

Let me know if I could help with any clarifications..
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2018, 03:16
tcborty2007 wrote:

Congrats! Would it be possible to share a debrief of your interview?
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q168 V163

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2018, 03:28
DogGoesWoof wrote:
tcborty2007 wrote:

Sure..
I applied on 30th September and heard back from Leigh for an interview request on 4th October. Scheduled for interview on 23rd Oct and finally got an offer on 8th Nov.

Following were some of the questions that were asked during the interview:
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. Did you ever lead a team?
3. How do you connect with people?
4. Have you ever given feedback to non-contributing team members?
5. What are your short and long term goals?
6. What are the traits you think a leader should have?
7. What is one question that you think I should have asked you, but didn't?

I did meet Leigh during her Singapore tour in August and spoke about some of the above items back then.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '22
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V47
GPA: 3.77

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2018, 03:29
Why is it so hard for me to find ambassadors from Nigeria? I will be applying to Rotman in 2019, but I am trying to plan ahead, it's just really difficult because there is nothing like coffee chat in Nigeria and literally no opportunity to link up with the admission officials. Can someone tell me what I can do?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
WE: Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2018, 03:33
tcborty2007 wrote:
DogGoesWoof wrote:
tcborty2007 wrote:

Sure..
I applied on 30th September and heard back from Leigh for an interview request on 4th October. Scheduled for interview on 23rd Oct and finally got an offer on 8th Nov.

Following were some of the questions that were asked during the interview:
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. Did you ever lead a team?
3. How do you connect with people?
4. Have you ever given feedback to non-contributing team members?
5. What are your short and long term goals?
6. What are the traits you think a leader should have?
7. What is one question that you think I should have asked you, but didn't?

I did meet Leigh during her Singapore tour in August and spoke about some of the above items back then.

- Congratulations!! :-D

Thank you for sharing this debrief. It was indeed helpful
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2018, 03:41
Mercytorty wrote:
Why is it so hard for me to find ambassadors from Nigeria? I will be applying to Rotman in 2019, but I am trying to plan ahead, it's just really difficult because there is nothing like coffee chat in Nigeria and literally no opportunity to link up with the admission officials. Can someone tell me what I can do?

Off the top of my head:

1) Rotman has this link on their website where you can introduce yourself and the officials will schedule a Skype Introduction Interview. Many people who got an admit this year already met with adcom folk via this interview.
2) Maybe drop a mail to the admissions team itself asking for help?
3) Try to reach out to the student ambassadors via emails/LinkedIn and ask if they can help.
4) Try to see if anyone you know can introduce to a Rotman Alumni.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '22
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V47
GPA: 3.77

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2018, 04:15
Thanks alot

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 03:08
yvvinay20 wrote:
pareekpranjal wrote:
Hello All,

Congratulations to all the people accepted for the program, been receiving plenty of good news lately on this thread.

I had submitted my application in R1 on 29-09-2018, waiting for the response from school, a bit worried since they've mentioned proc time of 8 weeks or less.

Has anybody else who had submitted towards the end of the deadline heard from the school?

I did put a mail citing a similar concern . They replied saying that "We are currently processing all applications due to a high influx of applications and you will hear from us before the deadline"

What does "Deadline" mean exactly, date-wise, for Round-1 applicants?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
GPA: 2.91

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 10:03
Did Anyone have interview with Danielle yet? If so, a debrief would be helpful, as I have my interview scheduled on 19th Nov.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 10:32
pareekpranjal wrote:
yvvinay20 wrote:
pareekpranjal wrote:
Hello All,

Congratulations to all the people accepted for the program, been receiving plenty of good news lately on this thread.

I had submitted my application in R1 on 29-09-2018, waiting for the response from school, a bit worried since they've mentioned proc time of 8 weeks or less.

Has anybody else who had submitted towards the end of the deadline heard from the school?

I did put a mail citing a similar concern . They replied saying that "We are currently processing all applications due to a high influx of applications and you will hear from us before the deadline"

What does "Deadline" mean exactly, date-wise, for Round-1 applicants?

The decision deadline is 14th december as per the mail for round 1
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 10:54
snagar043 wrote:
Did Anyone have interview with Danielle yet? If so, a debrief would be helpful, as I have my interview scheduled on 19th Nov.

snagar043

You can check all Rotman debriefs here http://gmatclub.com/forum/rotman-toront ... brief.html

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 01:22
For people who got in, can kindly post a copy of their offer letter, so that I can get some more motivation? :D
Retired Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 09:11
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 10:58
tcbarty2009 wrote:
For people who got in, can kindly post a copy of their offer letter, so that I can get some more motivation? :D

If these photos are gonna help someone, then why not? :)
Attachments

IMG_20181113_232050.jpg
IMG_20181113_232050.jpg [ 2.27 MiB | Viewed 1705 times ]

IMG_20181113_232033.jpg
IMG_20181113_232033.jpg [ 2.35 MiB | Viewed 1694 times ]

IMG_20181113_232122.jpg
IMG_20181113_232122.jpg [ 2.46 MiB | Viewed 1696 times ]

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
WE: Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 11:01
Pokerking wrote:
tcbarty2009 wrote:

Thank you for sharing them! That's very kind of you.

Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 19:03
Pokerking wrote:
tcbarty2009 wrote:

Thanks a lot for keeping this unorthodox request! It seems quite overwhelming.
I heard from my seniors that Rotman admission director writes a hand written note in the admission letter. Is that true?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 19:48
tcbarty2009 wrote:
Pokerking wrote:
tcbarty2009 wrote:

Thanks a lot for keeping this unorthodox request! It seems quite overwhelming.
I heard from my seniors that Rotman admission director writes a hand written note in the admission letter. Is that true?

Yes they do. It also has a post card signed by all assistant admissions directors. Hope this has helped you boost up a bit. Good luck with your applications!
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 22:11
Hi Everyone,

We have created the following topic for all the admitted students for class of 2021.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 80027.html

Hope we will see many of you there.
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2018, 22:11

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  19    Next  [ 380 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Karr32