Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 16 Jul 2019, 10:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Oct 2017
Posts: 8
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 28 Aug 2018, 08:32
Will be applying this year - 2019 intake

Originally posted by Poojithaog on 27 Aug 2018, 00:23.
Last edited by Poojithaog on 28 Aug 2018, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
Senior PS Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Posts: 3360
Location: India
GPA: 3.12
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 03:13
Poojithaog wrote:
Will be applying for this year - 2019 intake


Welcome Poojithaog - What's ur profile like?? Have you completed the GMAT/GRE
_________________
You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got
Intern
Intern
avatar
G
Joined: 27 Feb 2018
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.86
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 08:22
what are the scholarship chances for 700 Gmat score?
_________________
Stay in the fight. Die another day!
If my post is making difference in your preparation, Please, please give me a Kudos!!! Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Oct 2017
Posts: 8
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 08:30
Hi,

I am giving my GMAT on Sep 12, 2018. My mock scores are between 640 to 700. Target score - 700.

Profile

Engineering - class of 2015. CGPA 8.69
Work Experience - 2.8 years in SAP and Business Analytics
Well balanced resume with ECC, Social work and academic achievements.

I am looking for a Business Design MBA major or Business Analytics major.


Please let me know for if further information is needed.

What is my probability of getting into Rotman?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Mar 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 19:43
4
Hey guys. I'm a current student at the Rotman School of Management pursuing my full time MBA (class of 2020). Feel free to ask me any questions you would have about the MBA program at Rotman and I'll try my best to answer all your questions as and when I get some spare time from coursework.

Also, please avoid asking questions regarding profile evaluations as the admissions team will be the best source of information for determining fit for the program (just shoot them an email!). However, if you want to know anything specific about the program or school, I'll be glad to help you out with it. Cheers!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 254
Location: India
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 14:26
I'm planning to start my application today. Should I target Round 1 or Round 2?
Very new to Rotman application process, so it'll help if someone can guide.

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jul 2018
Posts: 33
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 4
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2018, 00:53
Lots of misinformation on this thread. Let me correct a few.

1. The average GMAT in Rotman is 665. Anything above 680 should be competitive if you have an otherwise sound profile.
2. Rotman puts emphasis on GPA. They also look at the AWA score for checking applicants writing skills, irrespective of GMAT score.
3. Rotman doesn't have "Rounds". They have rolling admissions. They only put the round deadline in place because people are driven by deadlines. GoodGuy
4. Spike factor essay - someone mentioned it should be built around your goals. No!
It need not be anything to do with your goals or office work, they are looking for something "unusual" outside your professional life.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jul 2018
Posts: 33
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 4
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2018, 01:00
LM10LS09OD11 wrote:
Hey guys. I'm a current student at the Rotman School of Management pursuing my full time MBA (class of 2020). Feel free to ask me any questions you would have about the MBA program at Rotman and I'll try my best to answer all your questions as and when I get some spare time from coursework.

Also, please avoid asking questions regarding profile evaluations as the admissions team will be the best source of information for determining fit for the program (just shoot them an email!). However, if you want to know anything specific about the program or school, I'll be glad to help you out with it. Cheers!


I have a one on one next week in a cafe, and I am wondering if it's supposed to be semi-formal (suit, no tie), or formal (suit+tie). Suggestions?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 254
Location: India
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2018, 12:00
55555Raj wrote:
Lots of misinformation on this thread. Let me correct a few.

3. Rotman doesn't have "Rounds". They have rolling admissions. They only put the round deadline in place because people are driven by deadlines. GoodGuy


Thanks for the update. This forum is too quiet if the R1 deadline is 1st Oct :roll:

Need suggestion on below points:

1. How much time does it take to fill the complete application from scratch?

2. Please suggest a consultant who is thorough with the admission process of Rotman. I prefer hiring a consultant who has his/her expertise for that particular institute.

3. Any other thread/profile evaluation thread from where I can get more information about Rotman?
Senior PS Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Posts: 3360
Location: India
GPA: 3.12
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 00:49
GoodGuy wrote:
55555Raj wrote:
Lots of misinformation on this thread. Let me correct a few.

3. Rotman doesn't have "Rounds". They have rolling admissions. They only put the round deadline in place because people are driven by deadlines. GoodGuy


Thanks for the update. This forum is too quiet if the R1 deadline is 1st Oct :roll:

Need suggestion on below points:

1. How much time does it take to fill the complete application from scratch?

2. Please suggest a consultant who is thorough with the admission process of Rotman. I prefer hiring a consultant who has his/her expertise for that particular institute.

3. Any other thread/profile evaluation thread from where I can get more information about Rotman?



Hi GoodGuy

Link to Rotman profile evaluation thread - https://gmatclub.com/forum/please-evalu ... 67-20.html

You could look at the previous year's threads for more information on Rotman
Class of 2020 thread - https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 41916.html
Aringo's interview with Leigh Gauthier, Acting Director Recruitment & Admissions:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/aringo-inter ... 67043.html

As for consultants it is better to do your own research before you finalize one :)

Hope this helps you!
_________________
You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got
Senior PS Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Posts: 3360
Location: India
GPA: 3.12
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 01:26
55555Raj wrote:
Lots of misinformation on this thread. Let me correct a few.

1. The average GMAT in Rotman is 665. Anything above 680 should be competitive if you have an otherwise sound profile.
2. Rotman puts emphasis on GPA. They also look at the AWA score for checking applicants writing skills, irrespective of GMAT score.
3. Rotman doesn't have "Rounds". They have rolling admissions. They only put the round deadline in place because people are driven by deadlines. GoodGuy
4. Spike factor essay - someone mentioned it should be built around your goals. No!
It need not be anything to do with your goals or office work, they are looking for something "unusual" outside your professional life.


Hi 55555Raj

First things first, congrats on getting a one-on-one :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just to add to whatever you have said, I think the whole point of having rolling admission works
when each of the candidates who have an interview with the school are informed in 6-8 weeks of
having an interview. From my experience with people who applied to Rotman last year - one of
the students was made to wait till the application decision date - around December 15th - and
finally rejected despite having an interview by the third week of September. I even heard of one
student whose application was moved to the next round and he/she had to wait almost 3 months
before receiving his/her decision.

Also, a question has been asked if the spike factor essay has to be built around your goals.
It has not been explicitly said that it must be built around your goals. I agree that an otherwise
sound profile has a good shot with a lower GMAT score, but again nobody is saying that it is not
possible to get in with a lower GMAT score. What people are presenting here are just opinions.

IMO, there is no misinformation that is presented in this thread - there are just opinions :)

Have a great interview and let us know how it goes for you!
_________________
You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Mar 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 06:31
55555Raj wrote:
LM10LS09OD11 wrote:
Hey guys. I'm a current student at the Rotman School of Management pursuing my full time MBA (class of 2020). Feel free to ask me any questions you would have about the MBA program at Rotman and I'll try my best to answer all your questions as and when I get some spare time from coursework.

Also, please avoid asking questions regarding profile evaluations as the admissions team will be the best source of information for determining fit for the program (just shoot them an email!). However, if you want to know anything specific about the program or school, I'll be glad to help you out with it. Cheers!


I have a one on one next week in a cafe, and I am wondering if it's supposed to be semi-formal (suit, no tie), or formal (suit+tie). Suggestions?


You can wear semi-formals. Dress smart in business casuals. A shirt and a trouser with formal shoes should be good.
Retired Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1212
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 08:15
Retired Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1212
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 10:11
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jul 2018
Posts: 33
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 4
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 10:30
pushpitkc wrote:

First things first, congrats on getting a one-on-one :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just to add to whatever you have said, I think the whole point of having rolling admission works
when each of the candidates who have an interview with the school are informed in 6-8 weeks of
having an interview. From my experience with people who applied to Rotman last year - one of
the students was made to wait till the application decision date - around December 15th - and
finally rejected despite having an interview by the third week of September. I even heard of one
student whose application was moved to the next round and he/she had to wait almost 3 months
before receiving his/her decision.

Also, a question has been asked if the spike factor essay has to be built around your goals.
It has not been explicitly said that it must be built around your goals. I agree that an otherwise
sound profile has a good shot with a lower GMAT score, but again nobody is saying that it is not
possible to get in with a lower GMAT score. What people are presenting here are just opinions.

IMO, there is no misinformation that is presented in this thread - there are just opinions :)

Have a great interview and let us know how it goes for you!


Thanks, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. What I meant was sometimes we tend to stress too much on the Indian IT demography needs 700+ GMAT. I think it's less relevant for Canada and Europe than in US or Singapore. And the bit about the spike factor is again from my discussion with the adcom assistant director, they specifically do not want it to be about goals or work life barring extraordinary circumstances. This was important for me as my entire application is dependent on my extracurriculars being extremely unique, so I did my due diligence on this one.

gmatexam439 wrote:
Do we REALLY need to send Rotman the original transcripts as part of the application? (even before we get the admmission confirmation)

No! Response from official sources.

LM10LS09OD11 wrote:
You can wear semi-formals. Dress smart in business casuals. A shirt and a trouser with formal shoes should be good.

Pretty cool, thank you! :)

~ignore any grammatical/spelling mistakes, wrote in a rush.
Retired Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1212
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 11:36
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Schools: Rotman '21 (A$)
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 03:04
gmatexam439 wrote:
Do we REALLY need to send Rotman the original transcripts as part of the application? (even before we get the admmission confirmation)

No you do not need to submit the official transcripts during the application phase. Submit it after you receive the admissions confirmation
Retired Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1212
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 09:14
Pokerking wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:
Do we REALLY need to send Rotman the original transcripts as part of the application? (even before we get the admmission confirmation)

No you do not need to submit the official transcripts during the application phase. Submit it after you receive the admissions confirmation


Yup, realized that after I read the information in italics following the asterisk.
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Schools: Rotman '21 (A$)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2018, 01:28
sahilkak wrote:
what are the scholarship chances for 700 Gmat score?


Scholarship depends on your entire profile. A good GMAT score would definitely favor for a scholarship but won't guarantee. There are a lot of categories for scholarships, so you might end of up getting a scholarship for a category that you didn't even think of. Google "Rotman MBA scholarships" - you'll receive a PDF with the list of scholarship awarded in 2017.

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Schools: Rotman '21 (A$)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2018, 01:31
[quote="GoodGuy"]I'm planning to start my application today. Should I target Round 1 or Round 2?
Very new to Rotman application process, so it'll help if someone can guide.


If you can complete your application pack before Round1, why delay the process? But if you've a stellar profile and want to weigh your options before applying Round2 would also be fine.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021   [#permalink] 20 Sep 2018, 01:31

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19    Next  [ 378 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne