GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 02:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '21 (S)
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 11:59
How long does it usually take for the admission committee to review and let one know if he/she is invited for a skype/one-on-one interview ?
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 12:14
galinda05 wrote:
Prasooon The online interview portion was not very stressful. Once you make an account, you'll watch a quick summary video that explains what'll happen.

First is a quick writing component - 10 minutes to answer some basic question pertaining to drafting an e-mail in a business setting. The example they give online is "Draft a follow-up e-mail to your admissions officer explaining your enthusiasm for Rotman". I think they just want to make sure that you understand what is appropriate, as opposed to making it a creative writing component.

The video interview portion (2 questions) is also very relaxed. Just be honest and coherent and you should be fine. You see the question, have a bit of prep time (maybe 20 or 30 seconds), and then you record your 30-60 second answer. I only have a sample size of 2 questions, but I suspect they're all similar, "get to know you" questions. For example:

- "What is your favourite X and why?" (e.g. book, movie, musician, role model, hobbie, etc.)
- Something situational, like "Describe a situation where you did Y? What did you learn?"
- Perhaps a classic "who would you want to have dinner with?" type of question. Just speculation.

I would recommend recording yourself answering a simple question on your phone or computer beforehand to see what you look like talking to nothing. The "hardest" part, I suppose, is getting accustomed to the set-up, rather than the questions themselves. They're not designed to trip you up at all.

TLDR: Not a big deal. Have fun with it! Hope that helped a bit :)

Good luck.
This is a brilliant description. It'll help immensely if other people on the group can also share their experiences!

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 12:25
umangj838 wrote:
How long does it usually take for the admission committee to review and let one know if he/she is invited for a skype/one-on-one interview ?

Prob depends when you apply, since it's rolling admissions. I applied a few weeks ago and got an interview offer within a few days, but since there's a big deadline on Oct. 1, I imagine they'll be hit with a ton of applications at once. From reading prior threads, it seems like the average wait time was a few weeks.
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 06:00
Hello everyone,

Have just submitted my application a few hours ago. While my profile pages does display my application to be 'submitted', I have not received any official email(even generic/automated) from the school about completion of application. Just wanted advice on whether this is this normal or whether I should get in touch with adcom with regard to the receipt of the application?

Thanks everyone,
Sanket
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '21 (S)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 07:39
go0n3r wrote:
Hello everyone,

Have just submitted my application a few hours ago. While my profile pages does display my application to be 'submitted', I have not received any official email(even generic/automated) from the school about completion of application. Just wanted advice on whether this is this normal or whether I should get in touch with adcom with regard to the receipt of the application?

Thanks everyone,
Sanket

Same here. I submitted it 3 days ago, haven’t received any mail yet. I guess they dont do so.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 08:32
umangj838 wrote:
go0n3r wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone,
Sanket

Same here. I submitted it 3 days ago, haven’t received any mail yet. I guess they dont do so.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Nope they don't. If your supplementary items are at 5/6 you're good! I dropped an email to check whether they'd received all the materials. i got a confirmation on that immediately. I had submitted mine around first week of September.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 12:32
Hi,

Need few inputs regarding the application:

1. Video Essays: practice and final video have to be done in one shoot or we can have separate sittings for the two?

2. GMAT: Official GMAT scores have to be sent at the time of application or once the admission is confirmed?

3. GPA: Are Indian candidates with CGPA less than 7.5 eligible to apply?

Will greatly help if someone can guide through.
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 23:37
GoodGuy wrote:
Hi,

Need few inputs regarding the application:

1. Video Essays: practice and final video have to be done in one shoot or we can have separate sittings for the two?

2. GMAT: Official GMAT scores have to be sent at the time of application or once the admission is confirmed?

3. GPA: Are Indian candidates with CGPA less than 7.5 eligible to apply?

Will greatly help if someone can guide through.

1. Video questions and the written component have to be done in one sitting. You can practive the video question as many times as you want. But once you choose to take the final test, you can't pause. Check out the link for the KIRA platform given on your application, you'll understand.
2. I'm assuming it has to be sent before the admissions confirmation. your original transcripts can be sent, once admission is confirmed. Please check the guidelines for GMAT score. I'm not 100% sure.
3. Not sure, but the adcom looks at your candidature considering all elements. If you're able to compensate poor acads through any other component(good work exp, exceptional extra curriculars etc) you would be considered.

Hope this clarifies to some extent! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2018, 04:48
Thanks Pokerking for your reply. It will definitely help a lot. Wish you good luck for all your applications!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2018, 10:13
Official GMAT score need not be sent till admission is confirmed - official sources.
Senior PS Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 06:49
Wow... That was really quick. Last few hours before the Round 1 deadline is gone.

Hope all of you turning those last minute submissions do so on time. Do update here if you hear back :)

You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got

Senior PS Moderator
V
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 06:55
umangj838 wrote:

Hey umangj838

You can hear anytime before December 15th. Though the regular committed time is around 6-8 weeks,
sometimes, due to huge surge in the application volumes(which happens during the deadlines), it may
take longer. However, it is very unlikely that they will push beyond the 15 December notification deadline.

All the best with your application :)

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 07:19
pushpitkc wrote:
Wow... That was really quick. The Round 1 deadline is gone.

How many of you were able to turn in your applications on time?
Hope all of you the very best. Do update here if you hear back :)

We have time till the end of the day right
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 01 Oct 2018, 08:12
End of day Canada standard time. They are 5 hours behind GMT. SO there are still 14 hours left for deadline.

Originally posted by GoodGuy on 01 Oct 2018, 08:09.
Last edited by GoodGuy on 01 Oct 2018, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 08:11
GoodGuy wrote:
End of day Canada standard time. They are 3 hours behind GMT. SO there are still 12 hours left for deadline.

Relaxing news
Senior PS Moderator
V
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 08:13
Talayva wrote:
GoodGuy wrote:
End of day Canada standard time. They are 3 hours behind GMT. SO there are still 12 hours left for deadline.

Relaxing news

Sorry for creating the panic, Talayva :(

All the best for getting your application on time. I've edited my original post to not create any further confusion

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 08:16
pushpitkc wrote:
Talayva wrote:
GoodGuy wrote:

Relaxing news

All the best for getting your application on time. Again, sorry for the confusion!
You literally scared me to hell!

I still have lot of things left to do :D

Senior PS Moderator
V
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 08:20
GoodGuy wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:
Talayva wrote:
Relaxing news

All the best for getting your application on time. Again, sorry for the confusion!
You literally scared me to hell!

I still have lot of things left to do :D

Sorry GoodGuy - should have been more careful. All the best with your application.

But this mistake of mine must have at least woken a few people from their slumber :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 09:15
Just submitted my application.
My video essay questions were:
1) the last book you read
2) what would you rather be a writer, a painter or a music composer
3) write a letter to your professor asking him his time to meet

Felt comfortable answering all three. The practice sessions indeed helped a lot getting adjusted to the technology!

Fingers crossed now!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 11:06
Hi,

I just wanted to check, doesn't Rotman have rolling admissions ?

Best,
VDC
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 01 Oct 2018, 11:06

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 155 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap