GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 14:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 01:59
Hi, I plan to apply by deadline round 2. My GMAT is scheduled in early December. I have few questions bothering me
1) Is the recommendation from head of the company the most effective or Is it the most effective when my reco can talk with citing specific examples as well?
2) I still do not get spike factor thing? - are these photos suppose to me or can I show three photos depicting my journey and use essay to justify why Rotman?
3) Considering the fees is high, do everyone get some of sort scholarship/ assistance?
4) Will you advice me to have some facetime with the adcom in person since I am in Toronto? - will it help me to further better my application?

Thanks!

atulrksharma wrote:
LM10LS09OD11 wrote:
Hey guys. I'm a current student at the Rotman School of Management pursuing my full time MBA (class of 2020). Feel free to ask me any questions you would have about the MBA program at Rotman and I'll try my best to answer all your questions as and when I get some spare time from coursework.

Also, please avoid asking questions regarding profile evaluations as the admissions team will be the best source of information for determining fit for the program (just shoot them an email!). However, if you want to know anything specific about the program or school, I'll be glad to help you out with it. Cheers!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2018, 05:55
abhijeets13 wrote:
Hi, I plan to apply by deadline round 2. My GMAT is scheduled in early December. I have few questions bothering me
1) Is the recommendation from head of the company the most effective or Is it the most effective when my reco can talk with citing specific examples as well?
2) I still do not get spike factor thing? - are these photos suppose to me or can I show three photos depicting my journey and use essay to justify why Rotman?
3) Considering the fees is high, do everyone get some of sort scholarship/ assistance?
4) Will you advice me to have some facetime with the adcom in person since I am in Toronto? - will it help me to further better my application?

Thanks!

1) I don't believe the position of the recommender matters much - the recommender needs to be able to talk about your strengths/weaknesses or whatever is asked, and answer it with examples if possible.
2) The general approach to Spike Factor is to show a side of you that the Adcom does not see in your application. There is no compulsion to justify why Rotman. You need to take the call on that one. (But again this is just my opinion, I am no admissions expert)
3) I believe more than 40% of the students are offered widely ranging scholarships. The adcom has to see something worthwhile in your profile to offer a scholarship. Besides, I believe the Canadian B-schools are cheaper than an average US B-school.
4) I don't see any harm in getting some facetime with the adcom - though I am not sure if it will help your case. But I'd still talk in person to the adcom if I had a chance to do so.

PS: I am also an applicant for Rotman this year. Not a current student. Just trying to help out a fellow applicant here.

Cheers!
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Oct 2018, 01:38

!
Post Removed. Do not post promotional content in business school threads.

Originally posted by aakashbaweja on 08 Oct 2018, 15:56.
Last edited by Narenn on 22 Oct 2018, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
Mod warning
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2018, 20:32
abhijeets13 wrote:

Thanks!

atulrksharma wrote:
LM10LS09OD11 wrote:
Hey guys. I'm a current student at the Rotman School of Management pursuing my full time MBA (class of 2020). Feel free to ask me any questions you would have about the MBA program at Rotman and I'll try my best to answer all your questions as and when I get some spare time from coursework.

Also, please avoid asking questions regarding profile evaluations as the admissions team will be the best source of information for determining fit for the program (just shoot them an email!). However, if you want to know anything specific about the program or school, I'll be glad to help you out with it. Cheers!

1) Get your recommendations from someone who you have worked with extensively on a professional level. Ideally, your direct manager is your best bet. The designation of the person is not going to matter.

2) These photos have to be something about you. You cannot use random photos from the internet.

3) Business school is an investment; albeit an expensive one for sure. While Rotman does provide some scholarships, I would recommend you start looking at avenues such as prodigy finance.

4) Getting facetime with an adcom could be beneficial (though not necessary) as it helps put a face on your application. However, I would treat any interaction with the adcom with due care and the respect that it deserves. Prepare extensively before you meet anyone from the admissions team. Don't meet them just for the sake of meeting them and don't ask them questions the answers for which you can easily find on the school website or with a simple google search.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 05:54
Anyone heard anything from the adcom yet?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 06:44
ashwin12345 wrote:

Has anyone got at least an application submission confirmation? Very strange that I have not got it.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 06:48
yvvinay20 wrote:
ashwin12345 wrote:

Has anyone got at least an application submission confirmation? Very strange that I have not got it.

I called them. After a few hundred unanswered calls, one of them was answered. The person confirmed that my application was submitted and that I would be notified about the interview at any time between now and deadline day (Dec 14)
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 08:16
ashwin12345 wrote:
yvvinay20 wrote:
ashwin12345 wrote:

I called them. After a few hundred unanswered calls, one of them was answered. The person confirmed that my application was submitted and that I would be notified about the interview at any time between now and deadline day (Dec 14)

So, 14 Dec is final admission decision after an interview OR is it just the date on which last interview invites will be given out?

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!
Preparing for RC my way
RC Summary Activity - New Project to imporve RC Skills
Bloomberg's US Bschool Ranking

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant | 2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation | 3. LSAT RC compilation | 4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal | 5. QOTD RC (Carcass) | 6. Challange OG RC | 7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 08:45
Final decisions

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 09:11
For folks who are being interviewed today, the decision will likely be out by 19th October.
BSchool Forum Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 09:49
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 11:09
Pokerking wrote:
Creating a Whatsapp Group for students admitted to the program. Use this link to join https://chat.whatsapp.com/1vlp7XMFiIU8LzUjRa64iJ

Others please drop a note or PM in case you've any questions regarding the admissions process. Happy to help :)

Good luck amigos!

FYR
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 20:39
gmatexam439 wrote:
In how much time can one expect an interview call?

I got my call in a couple of weeks, had my interview yesterday.
They have started interviewing Indian candidates starting yesterday, now my guess is it will mostly be FCFS. Have patience!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 10 Oct 2018, 01:41
55555Raj wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

They have started interviewing Indian candidates starting yesterday, now my guess is it will mostly be FCFS. Have patience!

Thanks for this. Can you also share your interview experience, if you don't mind doing so?

Originally posted by DogGoesWoof on 10 Oct 2018, 00:31.
Last edited by DogGoesWoof on 10 Oct 2018, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2018, 01:02
DogGoesWoof wrote:
55555Raj wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

Thanks for this. Can you also let share your interview experience, if you don't mind doing so?

It was nice, very conversational. Some questions on leadership qualities, quite a few examples based question - example of a time you displayed X qualities.
The interviewer is very nice, yet professional. They do not try to make your life difficult, just to ascertain whether you're a good fit.

Not posting exact questions obviously as I am not sure if that is allowed, but I prepared for questions from this list and it almost covers everything.

http://wondersuite.blogspot.com/2017/07 ... rview.html
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2018, 01:28
Did Chris take your interview ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2018, 04:44
Yup!

BSchool Forum Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2018, 06:15
55555Raj wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the update and congrats on that interview!
Fingers crossed now; All the very best!

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant | 2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation | 3. LSAT RC compilation | 4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal | 5. QOTD RC (Carcass) | 6. Challange OG RC | 7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2018, 08:16
gmatexam439 wrote:
55555Raj wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the update and congrats on that interview!
Fingers crossed now; All the very best!

Thanks man, just got a confirmation that I'm in with some scholarship. Stoked!
Now if only I can get a loan from prodigy finance, I know where I'm headed.
BSchool Forum Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2018, 08:26
55555Raj wrote:
Thanks man, just got a confirmation that I'm in with some scholarship. Stoked!
Now if only I can get a loan from prodigy finance, I know where I'm headed.

WOW!!!! Heartiest congratulations bro. You made yourself proud.
Here, the wait is killing me.

Best of luck for the future. Please continue to support the current aspirants here on the forum till you can :)

Best Regards.

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 11 Oct 2018, 08:26

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 237 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap