Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1970 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1970 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021 [#permalink]
GoodGuy wrote:
Hi, I've submitted my application half an hour back. I will be considered for R1?

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Technically yes!

BTW, Rotman has rolling admissions, so you can either confirm from the school or stay put and wait!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021 [#permalink]
I have submitted my application. I don't see any tick mark against supplementary materials. I am yet to request Official scored from GMAT to be sent to the school and my undergraduate university needs to send official transcripts. Is my application complete before the deadline. What else should I do?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Talayva wrote:
I have submitted my application. I don't see any tick mark against supplementary materials. I am yet to request Official scored from GMAT to be sent to the school and my undergraduate university needs to send official transcripts. Is my application complete before the deadline. What else should I do?
If you were able to do the payment then your application was complete. Official GMAT score and University transcripts have to be sent before the admission confirmation. They have no bearing on the completion of your application.

Btw, at what time did you complete the application. I've a sense I was the last one to submit :D

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
GoodGuy wrote:
Talayva wrote:
If you were able to do the payment then your application was complete. Official GMAT score and University transcripts have to be sent before the admission confirmation. They have no bearing on the completion of your application.

Btw, at what time did you complete the application. I've a sense I was the last one to submit :D

I submitted at 4pm Canada Time . 3am IST
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Has anyone heard back on the app yet ? Best, VDC

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
Send PM
Kudos
VijayDinanathChauhan wrote:

I have my interviews scheduled for 9th October, but I applied well before the deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
55555Raj wrote:

I have my interviews scheduled for 9th October, but I applied well before the deadline.

Could you please tell us how long did it take for the adcom to revert?

Also, can you share your basic profile info? Work experience, GMAT score and education background?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
ankitvig wrote:
55555Raj wrote:

Also, can you share your basic profile info? Work experience, GMAT score and education background?

A couple of weeks, but he was travelling for a week during that time. So, only a week I suppose.
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
That's a really good turnaround time, 55555Raj
They must really like you.. All the best for your interview once again :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
pushpitkc wrote:
That's a really good turnaround time, 55555Raj
They must really like you.. All the best for your interview once again :)

Thanks man, I hope you're right! My only big disadvantage seems to be that I am over-experienced (7 years). *sigh*
VijayDinanathChauhan I'll write a detailed review with my profile if I get through - no point otherwise. Still, since you asked - I would say the differentiator in my profile will always be my extracurriculars which are pretty unique and would differentiate me in the spark factor essay from anyone else. The chance to share photos also plays to my benefit as I am a professional photographer. Weakest points - too many years of experience and a lower GMAT score.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
55555Raj wrote:
ankitvig wrote:
55555Raj wrote:
[quote="VijayDinanathChauhan"]Has anyone heard back on the app yet ? Best, VDC

A couple of weeks, but he was travelling for a week during that time. So, only a week I suppose.[/quote]I didn't understand who was traveling. Can you throw some light?

Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
GoodGuy - I think 55555Raj is talking about the person who reviewed his/her application.

55555Raj - Last year at one of the MBA fairs, I had spoken to one of the members from the Rotman admission team. She told us that till 9 years of work experience, you're good to go. So with 7 years, i am sure you shouldn't face any problems.

However, she also made it clear that it was not necessary that people with 9+ years will not be considered. Its just a tad bit more difficult :)

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
LM10LS09OD11 wrote:
Hey guys. I'm a current student at the Rotman School of Management pursuing my full time MBA (class of 2020). Feel free to ask me any questions you would have about the MBA program at Rotman and I'll try my best to answer all your questions as and when I get some spare time from coursework.

Also, please avoid asking questions regarding profile evaluations as the admissions team will be the best source of information for determining fit for the program (just shoot them an email!). However, if you want to know anything specific about the program or school, I'll be glad to help you out with it. Cheers!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Just adding to it (the above post), a member of the Rotman Admission Team mentioned that 3-5 years of WE is considered a 'sweet spot' by many. However, those figures don't indicate exclusion or inclusion of any candidate because of WE. This information basis 22 Sep MBA Fair in Mumbai. Hope it helps. For those with concerns of their work ex., I would say that atleast prepare your application and 'show up' - otherwise you'll only keep guessing as to what could've been perhaps ? :)

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
go0n3r wrote:
Just adding to it (the above post), a member of the Rotman Admission Team mentioned that 3-5 years of WE is considered a 'sweet spot' by many. However, those figures don't indicate exclusion or inclusion of any candidate because of WE. This information basis 22 Sep MBA Fair in Mumbai. Hope it helps. For those with concerns of their work ex., I would say that atleast prepare your application and 'show up' - otherwise you'll only keep guessing as to what could've been perhaps ? :)

Thanks!

Funny, because on 24th September Bangalore event it was almost a warning to everyone that more experience may be a problem.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
55555Raj wrote:
go0n3r wrote:

Thanks!

Funny, because on 24th September Bangalore event it was almost a warning to everyone that more experience may be a problem.

"May Be". Same was said then, but just from personal experience, I feel that if one feels highly suitable and can prepare the right pitch then then he/she should atleast apply. At the most they may reject you or offer a seat for their 1yr program :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi,

I was one of the last candidates to submit the application before the R1 deadline. Haven't heard anything post that. It will help if someone can share tentatively by when we can expect to hear from the admissions team and what is the whole interview process.

1. If shortlisted for interview then how much time does Rotman give for preparation?

2. For Indian applicants, interviews are conducted in-person or through Skype?

3. How are you guys preparing for the interview?

Looking to forward to hear from the community!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts