Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 01:10 It is currently 03 May 2024, 01:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [10]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Anksj wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
It takes 6-10 weeks right? For the application status to be known?

When did people submit their apps and receive interview calls?

Received interview call within 3 weeks of application submission.

Posted from my mobile device

Hey thanks for the update :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Anksj wrote:
Any1 got final results? Admit or rejection. Its been 3 weeks since my interview and 8 weeks since I submitted my application. Wonder why the decision is so late this year.

The NUS Holiday Calendar for this year shows that they're on a break from Dec 9 to Jan 13.
I am not sure whether this affects the release of the final decisions.

Does anyone else have an update to share, regarding this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone,

I figured I would chime in on this due to the confusion. I interviewed at NUS in person on the 4th of December and got an offer letter by the 13th. They told me in the interview that it could be up to a month and easily into January. Not sure if I was a special case since they were aware I was interviewing at NTU on the same day, but both letters came within a day of each other. I have ended up choosing to go with the Nanyang MBA, but I am sure more offers will be coming in the near future.

Thanks,
Shubrat
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Shubrat wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I figured I would chime in on this due to the confusion. I interviewed at NUS in person on the 4th of December and got an offer letter by the 13th. They told me in the interview that it could be up to a month and easily into January. Not sure if I was a special case since they were aware I was interviewing at NTU on the same day, but both letters came within a day of each other. I have ended up choosing to go with the Nanyang MBA, but I am sure more offers will be coming in the near future.

Thanks,
Shubrat

Hi Shubrat,
Can u let us know where did u interview and if you are an international or domestic applicant?

And thanks for the update. Thing is I too have a different offer and I am now in a time crunch. Have to accept the offer from the other school soon by paying a deposit fee and hence need a decision soon.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ai79 wrote:
Anksj wrote:
Any1 got final results? Admit or rejection. Its been 3 weeks since my interview and 8 weeks since I submitted my application. Wonder why the decision is so late this year.

The NUS Holiday Calendar for this year shows that they're on a break from Dec 9 to Jan 13.

I think that is school holiday as in for students and teachers. Pretty sure the adcom will be working. And even if they were to take a break I don't think it wld be 5 weeks long. Maybe a week or two from christmas to new year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anksj wrote:
Ai79 wrote:
Anksj wrote:

I think that is school holiday as in for students and teachers. Pretty sure the adcom will be working. And even if they were to take a break I don't think it wld be 5 weeks long. Maybe a week or two from christmas to new year.

True! I thought the same. But, the delay in releasing the results is getting a bit too prolonged.
Hopefully, we'll all hear soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi Anks,

I am an international applicant from Canada, so perhaps that affected the speed of their response. I would reach out with them and inform them of another offer if you are in a rush.

Thanks,
Shubrat

Anksj wrote:
Shubrat wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Shubrat

Hi Shubrat,
Can u let us know where did u interview and if you are an international or domestic applicant?

And thanks for the update. Thing is I too have a different offer and I am now in a time crunch. Have to accept the offer from the other school soon by paying a deposit fee and hence need a decision soon.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
A new NUS Singapore Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/nus-209/interview_debrief.html#debrief-757
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hello,

I submitted my NUS MBA application on October 16, 2018 and haven't heard back since then. On the application portal, my status still shows as 'Application Processing.' They say that it generally takes 6-8 weeks to evaluate profiles. Does NUS have a process to send out rejection emails at some point of time? Or should one assume that application is rejected if no response post 8 weeks from application date? The wait is getting really frustrating, and I have only received template responses to my specific questions from NUS, which haven't been helpful. Will appreciate any guidance on this front.

Thanks a ton! 

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
ShivaniD wrote:
Hello,

I submitted my NUS MBA application on October 16, 2018 and haven't heard back since then. On the application portal, my status still shows as 'Application Processing.' They say that it generally takes 6-8 weeks to evaluate profiles. Does NUS have a process to send out rejection emails at some point of time? Or should one assume that application is rejected if no response post 8 weeks from application date? The wait is getting really frustrating, and I have only received template responses to my specific questions from NUS, which haven't been helpful. Will appreciate any guidance on this front.

Thanks a ton! 

There will be a mail for sure for acceptance or rejection. In ur case, I believe, its been more than 12 weeks. It almost never takes so long for an interview invite. But then again, this year NUS has delayed decisions for a long time. I myself am waiting for the final decision. Its been a month since my interview. Sometimes people are waitlisted without an interview and then admitted with a scolarship in round 2. So don't think u have been rejected until u get any mail.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi, can anyone please share the question/format for the referee reports?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
ShivaniD wrote:
Hello,

Thanks a ton! 

Hey, its very normal for Indian candidates to wait for long time for decisions and interview just because high number of Indian application NUS receives. A lot of folks from the current Indian cohort waited 2-3 months for interview calls. I applied in November 2017 and got a call for first interview somewhere in Feb 2018. Hope this information helps.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
naman_mehrotra wrote:
ShivaniD wrote:
Hello,

Thanks a ton! 

Hey, its very normal for Indian candidates to wait for long time for decisions and interview just because high number of Indian application NUS receives. A lot of folks from the current Indian cohort waited 2-3 months for interview calls. I applied in November 2017 and got a call for first interview somewhere in Feb 2018. Hope this information helps.

This definitely helps :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Thanks a ton!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all the inputs. You all have been truly helpful! :)
I am in the same boat as @Anksj; as in I had my interview more than 4 weeks ago. Still waiting on hearing back from the Admissions team regarding the final results. So, now my question is - when would it be considered alright to follow-up with the Admissions team regarding the decision?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ai79 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all the inputs. You all have been truly helpful! :)
I am in the same boat as @Anksj; as in I had my interview more than 4 weeks ago. Still waiting on hearing back from the Admissions team regarding the final results. So, now my question is - when would it be considered alright to follow-up with the Admissions team regarding the decision?

I did follow up 3,4 days ago. No reply to my mail yet.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
After initial unrest, i am calm now. They r probably taking their time to check similar applications. But after a few more days of no decision, I will have to take the hard decision.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: NTU '20 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
Those who interviewed in India in Nov/Dec- any updates to share?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts