Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 19 Jul 2019, 03:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 02:00
Congratulations to everyone who has received an admit! I submitted my application on Jan 31st and the last time I checked my checklist (2 days ago), all items had a green tick against them, meaning that they have been successfully reviewed. The application status, however, is still ‘processing’. Does anyone know how long NUS takes to send an interview invite or whether they even send one incase one’s application is unsuccessful?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 02:03
nikdan wrote:
Congratulations to everyone who has received an admit! I submitted my application on Jan 31st and the last time I checked my checklist (2 days ago), all items had a green tick against them, meaning that they have been successfully reviewed. The application status, however, is still ‘processing’. Does anyone know how long NUS takes to send an interview invite or whether they even send one incase one’s application is unsuccessful?

Mine says the same. Submitted on Jan 6. It just means they're reviewing it and will get back with an interview decision.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.63

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 22:56
This morning I got offer from MBA NUS. But it did not mention about any scholarship.

So, I'm not sure about the scholarship process that it will be announced in the offer letter or there will be a later announcement ?

Should I email to ask for scholarship ?

Thank you,

Ps. I will share interview questions/ experience in soon
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 23:19
Congratulations!

Could you tell us when you applied, when did you get the invite for an interview and when did the interview take place?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 10:48
Is anyone applying in R2? Is there a drawback in terms of acceptance by applying in R2 or does it not matter?

Retired Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 21:25
Feels like I've bombed my preliminary assessment. Focused on a current project that I've mentioned couldn't convince the interviewer. She mentioned it was a very generic answer. It's a collaboration project and could have done better. I was asked how sports helped me in making professional decisions and bombed there yet again.

no why MBA, why nus. the other questions went okay but Mr.Stark, I don't feel good.

It lasted for 20 mins. It was fast paced. I got feedback as well and mentioned areas where I can improve and what to highlight. ( the interviewer mentioned that the feedback case doesn't happen usually. So maybe it's for me to be better prepared for other ones and forget this. I am not sure what to make out of this.

Regards,
HK
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 23:44
Hi. Just checked my checklist and I have a cross against sponsorship letter which anyways is not applicable in my case so I guess it's ok...and against work permit/employment status....which again doesn't apply to me as I live in India....is that ok or should I contact them to figure out what they need from me? I submitted my application on 25th January. Thanks

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: MBS '21
GPA: 3.24

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 20:31
Just had an interview with NUS. I'm gonna post the debrief later.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 22:02
azvin wrote:
Just had an interview with NUS. I'm gonna post the debrief later.

Congrats on the interview call! When did you submit your application ?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: MBS '21
GPA: 3.24

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 02:03
A little bit background to understand why NUS asked me these questions:
    Computer science graduate
    Entered finance industry through MT programme
    8 years of WE in largest bank in Indonesia as financial risk manager (never move to another)
    Manage a 3 person team
    Already got scholarship from the bank

Applied NUS on 30 Jan
Got interview email on 31 Jan
Interviewed on 14 Feb

The interviewers were Zahira, a manager, and Hamidah, a Senior Associate Director, (I think those are their first name). Both of them are program manager, not a lecturer. Unfortunately, NUS did not tell you who is the interviewer. If you know who’s the interviewer prior to the Skype call, then you can dig their background and interest to gain connection.

The questions were:
    Elevator pitch
    Why MBA, Why NUS?
    How can you get promoted faster than your peers?
    How MBA will help you as a person?
    What kind of leader are you?
    There were other behavioral questions but I can’t remember it
    Which club will you join? I wasn’t prepared for this question
    Which other school(s) do you applied?
    Do you have any questions?

Overall they dug my work experience and my leadership skills through behavioral questions.
The interview lasted 26 minutes, I have more questions but they cut it because they have another interview.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 02:14
Thank you for the debrief. All the best to you!
azvin wrote:
A little bit background to understand why NUS asked me these questions:
    Computer science graduate
    Entered finance industry through MT programme
    8 years of WE in largest bank in Indonesia as financial risk manager (never move to another)
    Manage a 3 person team
    Already got scholarship from the bank

Applied NUS on 30 Jan
Got interview email on 31 Jan
Interviewed on 14 Feb

The interviewers were Zahira, a manager, and Hamidah, a Senior Associate Director, (I think those are their first name). Both of them are program manager, not a lecturer. Unfortunately, NUS did not tell you who is the interviewer. If you know who’s the interviewer prior to the Skype call, then you can dig their background and interest to gain connection.

The questions were:
    Elevator pitch
    Why MBA, Why NUS?
    How can you get promoted faster than your peers?
    How MBA will help you as a person?
    What kind of leader are you?
    There were other behavioral questions but I can’t remember it
    Which club will you join? I wasn’t prepared for this question
    Which other school(s) do you applied?
    Do you have any questions?

Overall they dug my work experience and my leadership skills through behavioral questions.
The interview lasted 26 minutes, I have more questions but they cut it because they have another interview.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 03:50
(Asking for a friend who has already been admitted to the program) Is there a group on what's app or another platform for the folks admitted to the class of 2021?

Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 11:40
Did anyone else have a preliminary interview without getting any mail from NUS?

“Going in one more round when you don't think you can, that's what makes all the difference in your life.”
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.13

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 22:59
Sreyoshi007 wrote:

Yes I did. It was day before yesterday

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 09:21
abhartiya wrote:
Sreyoshi007 wrote:

Can you both tell us a bit about your profiles, when submitted the app, when invited and a debrief on the prelim rounds?

Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.26
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 12:08
abhartiya wrote:
Sreyoshi007 wrote:

Hi,
Without any mail from NUS? Do they inform about the interview via phone then? or straightaway you are interviewed over a call without any prior information?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 23:14
Just found an email from NUS in my junk mailbox. They had sent it on Feb 7, inviting me for a Skype interview on Feb 25. I had to reply by Feb 8.

Have sent them a mail that it got missed and requested if the slot is still open. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Did they reschedule/reconfirm the interview?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 23:17
ruchitayal85 wrote:
Hi. Just checked my checklist and I have a cross against sponsorship letter which anyways is not applicable in my case so I guess it's ok...and against work permit/employment status....which again doesn't apply to me as I live in India....is that ok or should I contact them to figure out what they need from me? I submitted my application on 25th January. Thanks

I have the same query. Anyone got any ideas about this?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 23:19
nikdan wrote:

Hey nikdan ! What did you submit as sponsorship and work proof? Are those two sections green as well?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 23:36
manavnarang wrote:
Just found an email from NUS in my junk mailbox. They had sent it on Feb 7, inviting me for a Skype interview on Feb 25. I had to reply by Feb 8.

Have sent them a mail that it got missed and requested if the slot is still open. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Did they reschedule/reconfirm the interview?

They called it a SKYPE Webcam selection interview. Is this an interview or a prelim round?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 15 Feb 2019, 23:36

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  15    Next  [ 296 posts ] 

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Chethan92