GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2019, 16:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Nov 2016
Posts: 5
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 08:58
Hi I had applied in December. My application status has been changed to Incomplete application. When I checked my checklist shows except everything my recommendation is incomplete. Has anyone else faced a similar issue/knows how to upload the documents.

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Mar 2018
Posts: 38
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 04:19
I am planning to finance my NUS degree partly with my savings and partly with education loan. As I don't have a loan applications right now, should I just write a statement (application) stating that I am planning to apply loan? How precise are the finance supporting documents expected to be?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Oct 2014
Posts: 2
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE: General Management (Health Care)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 08:31
2
In case anyone is still looking out for this info, just came across the Recommendation Questions for NUS Class of 2021 (2019 intake) :)

    How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity/context?
    In your opinion, what is the candidate's leadership potential for the next five years?
    Please provide three memorable achievements the applicant attained in your company.
    Kindly provide an instance when the applicant exhibited any one of the the following qualities. (a) Entrepreneurship (b)Leadership (c) Exceptional work performance
    From what you understand of the applicant, what are his/her main motivations or interests in life?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 02:30
2
I completed my interview on 1st Dec and still waiting for a revert. I had mailed the adcom on 14th Dec and got a reply stating that results should be expected in Jan

Tried reaching their office on phone a couple of times but no one picked up

Considering the 31st Jan deadline for R1, I guess there are 2 possibilities

1. All results will be declared on 31st - admits/rejects/waitlists
2. Admits are already given out and rejects/waitlists will be declared on 31st Jan

What do you guys think?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Location: India
Schools: NUS '21 (A$)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 11:51
1
I had an in-person interview on Dec 1 and just got invited to a second interview (Skype) today. Has anyone else been invited for a second one? Any clue what to expect?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 37
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 12:37
taneska wrote:
I had an in-person interview on Dec 1 and just got invited to a second interview (Skype) today. Has anyone else been invited for a second one? Any clue what to expect?


Huh? Wasn't that the only and final interview? Where did u have ur in person interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Location: India
Schools: NUS '21 (A$)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 12:49
Anksj wrote:
taneska wrote:
I had an in-person interview on Dec 1 and just got invited to a second interview (Skype) today. Has anyone else been invited for a second one? Any clue what to expect?


Huh? Wasn't that the only and final interview? Where did u have ur in person interview?

Posted from my mobile device


I'm equally baffled. My in-person interview was in Mumbai. Went through last year's GMAT club forum on NUS, apparently many of them had 2 rounds but there's very little info available online on the questions to expect.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 37
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 13:27
1
Yes but last year they were told it was a pre interview of 10-15 min via skype. A face to face interview was always final interview. Now this is a real goof ball NUS has thrown here. So earlier while I was only waiting for a final decision, I now wait for an extra interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Location: India
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 23:01
garima5 wrote:
Hi, can anyone please share the question/format for the referee reports?


As far as I understand, NUS does not use the standard GMAC recommendation format. So any insight into what are the questions, would be really helpful. Thanks!
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2753
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 23:23
garima5 wrote:
garima5 wrote:
Hi, can anyone please share the question/format for the referee reports?


As far as I understand, NUS does not use the standard GMAC recommendation format. So any insight into what are the questions, would be really helpful. Thanks!


garima5

Did you check this? https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2211122
_________________
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2753
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 23:25
udesai7629

I request you to add your NUS interview experience in the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/nus-209/inte ... brief.html

Thanks.
_________________
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2753
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 23:28
taneska wrote:
I had an in-person interview on Dec 1 and just got invited to a second interview (Skype) today. Has anyone else been invited for a second one? Any clue what to expect?


taneska

I guess you should do a similar preparation to what you have done for your first interview. I guess they are looking for a different person's opinion on your application and if you can clearly communicate and emphasize your views, you should be good.
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Location: India
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2019, 08:18
Hey everyone. I need some help.

One of my recommenders link expired just before he was about to copy the answers. So I've mailed NUS at mba@nus.edu.sg on Jan 20th 2019 asking them to reactivate the link. I had earlier sent them a query about the double degree programs on Jan 11th 2019. While they did say that they take a minimum of 3 days to revert, I did not get any reply for either of my emails. I even tried calling up them up on +65 65162068 but I got no response.

Has anyone tried contacting NUS or received any mail from them in the month of January? I heard they had a holiday period till Jan 19th or something. Not sure about his though. I want to apply by Jan 31st and I've got like 8 days effectively. Can anyone help with this? Would you happen to have another means of contacting the admissions office?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2019, 09:51
chaitu2424 wrote:
Hey everyone. I need some help.

One of my recommenders link expired just before he was about to copy the answers. So I've mailed NUS at mba@nus.edu.sg on Jan 20th 2019 asking them to reactivate the link. I had earlier sent them a query about the double degree programs on Jan 11th 2019. While they did say that they take a minimum of 3 days to revert, I did not get any reply for either of my emails. I even tried calling up them up on +65 65162068 but I got no response.

Has anyone tried contacting NUS or received any mail from them in the month of January? I heard they had a holiday period till Jan 19th or something. Not sure about his though. I want to apply by Jan 31st and I've got like 8 days effectively. Can anyone help with this? Would you happen to have another means of contacting the admissions office?


Hi,

Even I'm facing the same issue. My recommenders say that they have filled the form but the status still says pending and they can no more click on the link. I have sent two emails to NUS and they are not replying.

Please let me know if you find any solution to this.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Oct 2014
Posts: 2
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE: General Management (Health Care)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2019, 10:06
1
garima5 wrote:
garima5 wrote:
Hi, can anyone please share the question/format for the referee reports?


As far as I understand, NUS does not use the standard GMAC recommendation format. So any insight into what are the questions, would be really helpful. Thanks!


I've shared these above. Re-sharing for ease - :) The questions are indeed a little different.

How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity/context?
In your opinion, what is the candidate's leadership potential for the next five years?
Please provide three memorable achievements the applicant attained in your company.
Kindly provide an instance when the applicant exhibited any one of the the following qualities. (a) Entrepreneurship (b)Leadership (c) Exceptional work performance
From what you understand of the applicant, what are his/her main motivations or interests in life?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jan 2019
Posts: 15
Location: India
Schools: Rotman '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V49
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2019, 23:30
[quote="chaitu2424"]Hey everyone. I need some help.

One of my recommenders link expired just before he was about to copy the answers. So I've mailed NUS at mba@nus.edu.sg on Jan 20th 2019 asking them to reactivate the link. I had earlier sent them a query about the double degree programs on Jan 11th 2019. While they did say that they take a minimum of 3 days to revert, I did not get any reply for either of my emails. I even tried calling up them up on +65 65162068 but I got no response.

Has anyone tried contacting NUS or received any mail from them in the month of January? I heard they had a holiday period till Jan 19th or something. Not sure about his though. I want to apply by Jan 31st and I've got like 8 days effectively. Can anyone help with this? Would you happen to have another means of contacting the admissions office?[/quote]


I did raise a query with regard to the documents I would be required to submit as a financial support . Haven't received a response from them neither was I successfull in reaching out to them over the phone.


On a seperate note. Would.anyone know what type of "Financial support " document would I have to submit given that my MBA is sponsored by my family.

Also, I am yet to complete my application. Could I go ahead and make the payment and then get back to completing it? Or am I to make payment only after completing the application?

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2019, 23:51
taneska wrote:
Anksj wrote:
taneska wrote:
I had an in-person interview on Dec 1 and just got invited to a second interview (Skype) today. Has anyone else been invited for a second one? Any clue what to expect?


Huh? Wasn't that the only and final interview? Where did u have ur in person interview?

Posted from my mobile device


I'm equally baffled. My in-person interview was in Mumbai. Went through last year's GMAT club forum on NUS, apparently many of them had 2 rounds but there's very little info available online on the questions to expect.


I too had my interview in Mumbai on 1st Dec but haven't rcvd a skype invite. When is your interview scheduled? What does the mail mention?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 00:30
1
udesai7629 wrote:
I completed my interview on 1st Dec and still waiting for a revert. I had mailed the adcom on 14th Dec and got a reply stating that results should be expected in Jan

Tried reaching their office on phone a couple of times but no one picked up

Considering the 31st Jan deadline for R1, I guess there are 2 possibilities

1. All results will be declared on 31st - admits/rejects/waitlists
2. Admits are already given out and rejects/waitlists will be declared on 31st Jan

What do you guys think?


Update - The Adcom office picked up the phone today and said that the results take 6-8 weeks from the date of interview. I guess it should be out in a week's time maybe
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Location: India
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 07:29
udesai7629 wrote:
udesai7629 wrote:
I completed my interview on 1st Dec and still waiting for a revert. I had mailed the adcom on 14th Dec and got a reply stating that results should be expected in Jan

Tried reaching their office on phone a couple of times but no one picked up

Considering the 31st Jan deadline for R1, I guess there are 2 possibilities

1. All results will be declared on 31st - admits/rejects/waitlists
2. Admits are already given out and rejects/waitlists will be declared on 31st Jan

What do you guys think?


Update - The Adcom office picked up the phone today and said that the results take 6-8 weeks from the date of interview. I guess it should be out in a week's time maybe



Could you please give me the phone number which they answered? :roll:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 12:25
I am planning to apply in the first round ending 31 January 2019. I have 2 doubts:

1. One of my referals is travelling and might not be able to submit the referals by 31 January. Can he submit it after that in a week’s time?
2. On 31 January,2019 by what exact time the deadlines will be closed for Round 1?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2019, 12:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15    Next  [ 299 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Chethan92






cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne