GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2019, 09:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2018, 09:53
Hi guys, Naman this side from current Nus Mba batch, feel free to pm me for any questions related to admissions or course or Mba in Singapore in general..would be happy to help :)

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Retired Moderator
G
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2018, 10:11
Hi Naman,

Thanks for helping out the fellow applicants.

Can you Please throw some light on the NUS double Degree programs ?
How is it as compared to the regular MBA at NUS ?
The Opportunity Cost, ROI, and the career prospects post MBA .

naman_mehrotra wrote:
Hi guys, Naman this side from current Nus Mba batch, feel free to pm me for any questions related to admissions or course or Mba in Singapore in general..would be happy to help :)

Posted from my mobile device

Current Student
P
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2018, 13:05
The ones who had their interviews done can you share your interview experience?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2018, 04:04
Hatakekakashi wrote:

It was a rather quick one. They just ask me to tell them about my work experience, why i choose to take MBA now, and why i am choosing NUS (and answer in only 3 to 4 mins). Then a few followup questions regarding some points i have raised.

They also asked what are my plans should my MBA route doesnt workout for me. Lastly, they wanted to know whether my supervisors know that I am applying for an MBA and how do they feel about it.

That's pretty much it! The interview part lasted only 15 mins and the remaining of the entire period it was just me asking my questions.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2018, 07:55
Hatakekakashi wrote:

I my interview was restricted to two major parts. First was my current experience, what my role is abd what I have achieved at my workplace. The second part was related to my post-Mba goals. There was some grilling on the second part and what my backup options would be. Interview was very conversational. Lasted 30 minutes.

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2018, 10:49
Two double degree programme I came across - Hec-Nus and S3 (china, korea, nus). Both are great! However here are my 2 cents-
In both programmes, you end up in Singapore at the latter part of your course and you will have to search internships, jobs in limited amount of time which adds to the pressure.
You have to decide what's the value add of these programmes to your profile. for eg. if you want to make a career in luxury, hec-nus makes sense then because hec can expose you to the luxury market.

At the moment Singapore market as such is not the greatest, but then again which market is? Start up scene is very good here, you can easily crack internships and figure out the market. Despite market situation big guns still hiring- microsoft, google, png , unilever, mckinsey digital. ROI wise it depends on what you are currently doing, for some of us it is definitely going to a be a big boost, for some not so much.

GmatDaddy wrote:
Hi Naman,

naman_mehrotra wrote:

Retired Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2018, 00:03
Thanks Naman for your insights, those definitely did clear out things for me and I hope the same for others as well.

The other thing that confuses me is that we have Insead, NUS, NTU and SMU as the major universities in Singapore.
When it comes to jobs or scoring internships, what do the industries prefer ?
I have heard the major Consulting and Finance firms prefer to hire internationals from INSEAD and locals from SMU, Candidates from NUS and NTU generally get offers from Teir 2 firms, especially in the industries in focus.

It would be great if you could share your views on this.

naman_mehrotra wrote:
Two double degree programme I came across - Hec-Nus and S3 (china, korea, nus). Both are great! However here are my 2 cents-
In both programmes, you end up in Singapore at the latter part of your course and you will have to search internships, jobs in limited amount of time which adds to the pressure.
You have to decide what's the value add of these programmes to your profile. for eg. if you want to make a career in luxury, hec-nus makes sense then because hec can expose you to the luxury market.

At the moment Singapore market as such is not the greatest, but then again which market is? Start up scene is very good here, you can easily crack internships and figure out the market. Despite market situation big guns still hiring- microsoft, google, png , unilever, mckinsey digital. ROI wise it depends on what you are currently doing, for some of us it is definitely going to a be a big boost, for some not so much.

GmatDaddy wrote:
Hi Naman,

Current Student
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 01:04
How would an applicant know if their recommender has submitted the recommendation or not? Is there a email notification?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 04:35
Firstly there are not enough top tier consulting positions in world let alone Singapore so the competition is not just INSEAD :), but yes in Singapore whatever jobs are there INSEAD is preferred. But again its all about networking and connections, if you are able to connect with right people its easy to get referred.

Regarding finance, again BBA's are preferred in general but that's the trend across schools. I doubt there is a difference based on school. But i might be completely wrong on this. If you want I can connect you with few finance folks, they would be better off answering this.

INSEAD is a global school with definitely greater outreach. NUS, NTU, SMU are more regional/asia specific. NUS has much bigger alumn base among the 3 and hence logically it might be easier to build a relationship with NUS alumn than other 2. But please crosscheck as I am a bit NUS biased :)

GmatDaddy wrote:
Thanks Naman for your insights, those definitely did clear out things for me and I hope the same for others as well.

The other thing that confuses me is that we have Insead, NUS, NTU and SMU as the major universities in Singapore.
When it comes to jobs or scoring internships, what do the industries prefer ?
I have heard the major Consulting and Finance firms prefer to hire internationals from INSEAD and locals from SMU, Candidates from NUS and NTU generally get offers from Teir 2 firms, especially in the industries in focus.

It would be great if you could share your views on this.

naman_mehrotra wrote:

GmatDaddy wrote:
Hi Naman,

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: NUS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 07:30
Hi, I'm an Indian national and I'm thinking of applying to NUS by Jan 15. Do you think that would be a bit late given how late that is into Round 1 and how competitive the Indian applicant pool usually is?
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 02:24
Had a doubt in adding recommendations - I added one of my colleagues but she hasn't received any mail from NUS. Do we need to add both the referees and only then proceed?
Please guide!
Thank you.

“Going in one more round when you don't think you can, that's what makes all the difference in your life.”
Current Student
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 04:11
Sreyoshi007 wrote:
Had a doubt in adding recommendations - I added one of my colleagues but she hasn't received any mail from NUS. Do we need to add both the referees and only then proceed?
Please guide!
Thank you.

Add a referee. Then go to the recommendation section and assign the referee. Then click on send mail option beside.

Regards,
HK
Current Student
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 04:12
Hatakekakashi wrote:
How would an applicant know if their recommender has submitted the recommendation or not? Is there a email notification?

Anyone?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 08:04
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Anyone?

There is no mail from NUS regrading this, but you can check the checklist. There will be tick mark against the recommendation if it has been submitted
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 19:34
veerjhamtani wrote:
Hi, I'm an Indian national and I'm thinking of applying to NUS by Jan 15. Do you think that would be a bit late given how late that is into Round 1 and how competitive the Indian applicant pool usually is?

Its definitely tough, but last year around 6-7 Indians got offer in 2nd round.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 21:40
Any1 got final results? Admit or rejection. Its been 3 weeks since my interview and 8 weeks since I submitted my application. Wonder why the decision is so late this year.

Current Student
P
Reviews Badge
Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 00:32
niks_912 wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Anyone?

There is no mail from NUS regrading this, but you can check the checklist. There will be tick mark against the recommendation if it has been submitted

Hey, thanks :D
Will check :)

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: NUS '21 (S)

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 01:18
I wanted to understand the document checklist status post submission of application. In the document upload section, I had uploaded each document mentioned in the checklist and the status reflects the same. However in the checklist I see all red crosses. Can someone who has submitted the form throw more light on this..a little worried seeing the red crosses.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 08:17
disha93 wrote:
I wanted to understand the document checklist status post submission of application. In the document upload section, I had uploaded each document mentioned in the checklist and the status reflects the same. However in the checklist I see all red crosses. Can someone who has submitted the form throw more light on this..a little worried seeing the red crosses.

I faced a similar issue and mailed NUS regarding this. They said not to worry about the checklist status, and if there is any document missing/required while evaluating the application, adcom would get back to us.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q32 V50
GPA: 3.23

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 21:55
niks_912 wrote:
disha93 wrote:

I faced a similar issue and mailed NUS regarding this. They said not to worry about the checklist status, and if there is any document missing/required while evaluating the application, adcom would get back to us.

same as me
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 25 Dec 2018, 21:55

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15    Next  [ 299 posts ] 

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Chethan92