Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1441 [0]
Given Kudos: 994
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: DREAM: Too bad in maths and want to score a 700+. pls help! :( [#permalink]
for quant i suggest TTp
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I'd suggest that you use the Manhattan Prep's Advanced Quant. It's really good if you're looking for a top score, much cheaper than taking courses from prep schools and has a decent number of tips and tricks too. All the best, friend!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22055 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Aayush7,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. First off, I realize that GMAT quant can be intimidating; however, don’t be scared, my friend. As long as you follow a linear and structured study plan as well as a realistic timeline, you CAN master GMAT quant.

Regarding how to move forward with your prep, since you need quant help, I agree that TTP would be perfect for you. We are the top-rated quant course here on GMAT Club and have helped countless students improve their GMAT quant scores. If you have any questions regarding TTP or your study plan, feel free to reach out.

Let’s do this!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Aayush7,

Many GMATers are 'rusty' when it comes to their Quant skills, their Verbal skills or both - so you're not alone. To score at a high level on the GMAT, you have to have strong skills in all of those essential areas though - and that means honing skills that are not specifically "GMAT skills."

For free math practice and help, I recommend that you set up an account at Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org). The site is completely free and makes the learning a bit more fun and 'game-like' (as opposed to the dry academic approach taken by most books). While the site is vast, you should limit your studies to basic Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry. You might find that after spending a little time re-building those skills, your GMAT studies become easier.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) What study materials have you used so far?
2) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
4) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64929 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
Aayush7 wrote:
HI guys,
This is Aayush and i its my dream to get a 700+.
Listen to my story and pls help me achieve my dream.
I had choice between maths and economics in class 9th and i chose Economics which means i havent studied maths after class 9th and my basics are also kinda poor. Its been almost 2 months im going for my Gmat classes and trying hard to improve my basics. The fear that i havent studied maths in such a long time itself
is so scary that makes me feel demotivated and lose my confidence. I am also working side by side thought my timings are 11- 6. so i need to make a plan so that i can balance both of it. I am looking out for ISB and other top Bschools in India and abroad.
I am a really hard working guy and i know i can do it. the only thing i need is someone to show me the right path and way of studying and i will burn the midnight oil to achieve my dreams. I want to take my GMAT exam in the next 2 months. pls give me tips and tricks and show me the right path to study.
It is just quants that i am scared of. its like im studying everyday and pushing myself off the limit and there is this feeling that i cant do it sometimes! PLs help guys! :((( Also, pls tell me of a study plan so that i can measure my improvement and dont take tooo long to take my test! This is a DO OR DIE moment to improve the conditions for my family by getting a good score and a Top B school. Help this child make his parents proud :)

It will do you a world of good if you first run through Math books of grades 6th to 10th and then invest your time in a GMAT specific course. You don't have to do every practice question of every chapter of these books but you should review basics of each topic and try some practice questions. You can complete this in 2 weeks.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 531 [0]
Given Kudos: 4092
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 620 Q47 V30
GMAT 3: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.1
WE:Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Not an expert : but you can practice from gmat club with increasing difficulty.

Choose any topic, master it and move on. Also you can pm or tag me in whatever question is not clear to you.

Cheers

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1813 [0]
Given Kudos: 763
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Aayush7 wrote:
HI guys,
This is Aayush and i its my dream to get a 700+.
Listen to my story and pls help me achieve my dream.
I had choice between maths and economics in class 9th and i chose Economics which means i havent studied maths after class 9th and my basics are also kinda poor. Its been almost 2 months im going for my Gmat classes and trying hard to improve my basics. The fear that i havent studied maths in such a long time itself
is so scary that makes me feel demotivated and lose my confidence. I am also working side by side thought my timings are 11- 6. so i need to make a plan so that i can balance both of it. I am looking out for ISB and other top Bschools in India and abroad.
I am a really hard working guy and i know i can do it. the only thing i need is someone to show me the right path and way of studying and i will burn the midnight oil to achieve my dreams. I want to take my GMAT exam in the next 2 months. pls give me tips and tricks and show me the right path to study.
It is just quants that i am scared of. its like im studying everyday and pushing myself off the limit and there is this feeling that i cant do it sometimes! PLs help guys! :((( Also, pls tell me of a study plan so that i can measure my improvement and dont take tooo long to take my test! This is a DO OR DIE moment to improve the conditions for my family by getting a good score and a Top B school. Help this child make his parents proud :)

Well if you are looking for basics on this forum, you may wish to visit
https://gmatclub.com/forum/math-number- ... ml#p666609

Hope this helps..
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2103 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
I feel you should give the official practice exam and report back with your performance as to where you stand right now. Maybe then the experts will be in a better position to help you further.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Aayush, you say that you are too bad in Quant. How bad is too bad?

If you score less than (around) 42 in Quant, then frankly it is very difficult to get a 700+ overall GMAT score, despite how well you perform in Verbal.
GMAT Club Bot