Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 16:28 It is currently 07 May 2024, 16:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6875 [1]
Given Kudos: 500
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Online GMAT Experience and Q&A [#permalink]
AndrewN,

Thanks for your response! Will know my score next week. It was my first GMAT ever, so simply bought a few official practice tests (got ~670 on average).

Granted, 80-90% does sound exaggerated haha, but there were at least 15 DS questions. I also hope other test-takers can weigh in on this.
titianooo wrote:
Hey guys,

Just finished the exam and wanted to share my experience with you.

1) Everything went well. That was my first time taking the GMAT online, so I was a bit worried about technical issues. Their support guys were friendly and always promptly responded to my questions. Still not sure why candidates are not allowed to wear hats during the exam tho. :lol:
2) 80-90% of the quantitive section was "sufficient/not sufficient" questions. Is it normal?

Let me know if you have any questions. I will gladly answer them as soon as I can.

80-90% DS question is not possible.
It is better if you share your score here in this post..
Good luck,...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TheUltimateWinner wrote:
titianooo wrote:
Hey guys,

1) Everything went well. That was my first time taking the GMAT online, so I was a bit worried about technical issues. Their support guys were friendly and always promptly responded to my questions. Still not sure why candidates are not allowed to wear hats during the exam tho. :lol:
2) 80-90% of the quantitive section was "sufficient/not sufficient" questions. Is it normal?

Let me know if you have any questions. I will gladly answer them as soon as I can.

80-90% DS question is not possible.
It is better if you share your score here in this post..
Good luck,...

Hey, yeah. Will share the score soon. Takes them several days to process the results.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
Send PM
titianooo do you have your score yet?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATaxe001 640... which is p much what I expected tbh

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11674 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi titianooo,

A 640 is a solid overall Score, so it could be enough to get you into Business School. Are you happy with this result? What were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Hi guys,
I'm taking the Gmat Online version next week and I'm wondering how to log in "Onvue" software on test day?
You probably get an access code like for the system testing.
Thanks for your help.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1828 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Online GMAT Experience and Q&A [#permalink]
titianooo wrote:

1) Good to know you encountered friendly support guys. You could email GMAC/Pearson and inquire why wearing hats is not permitted (No, don't inquire. That's said in jest.)

2) Getting 80-90% DS questions would be highly unusual. DS questions may be somewhat higher than a 50% proportion but a massive leap to 80-90% would represent a significant departure from normal experiences. It is possible that you are misremembering the question types. Let's remember that time passes quickly during the exam and as a result our memories may not recall the experience accurately.
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6875 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Expert Reply
titianooo wrote:
GMATaxe001 640... which is p much what I expected tbh

Thank you for the update, titianooo. Earning a score that fits expectations may not be as bad as it sounds. Many people end up scoring lower, some much lower, because they might not have taken certain test-day factors into account. The big question is, does your score align with the middle 50 percent of scores among the programs you are considering? If the answer is yes, then your GMAT™ journey might be over, and you can then focus on the next, more important, step.

Good luck to you.

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
AndrewN I graduated from college a few months ago, so gonna take the exam at least 2-3 times until I get ~750.

mklr13 test takers receive an email with detailed instructions ~24hrs before the exam. Read it carefully.

EMPOWERgmatRichC V45 Q32

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11674 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi titianooo,

From your posts, it does not sound as though you put in too much study time before taking the GMAT; if that's the case, then this 640 shows that you are fairly strong critical thinker already - so your focus going forward should be on learning the necessary Tactics, patterns and little 'secrets' to the Exam. Many GMATers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so if you are not facing any immediate application deadlines, then you probably should not plan on retesting until you've put in significantly more study time.

As an aside, the 750+ score is approximately the 98th percentile - so clearly most GMATers never score that high on the Official Exam. Thankfully, NO Business School requires a score that high - so it's important to realize that the score that you "want" and the score that you "need" to get into your first-choice School are probably not the same thing. There's no harm in making this your Goal though, but you will almost certainly need a structured, guided Study Plan before you will be able to consistently score at a much higher level.

1) What study materials do you currently have access to?
2) On what dates did you take EACH of your practice CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
3) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 119
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
Hi wanted to know if it is necessary to give the gmat online exam in a table chair setup. Can we give the exam by sitting on a bed or on floor?

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37403 posts