Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [3]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 2.86
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [3]
Given Kudos: 18
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Re vera background check [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi ... they mostly verify your undergrad transcript , positions held at work, your promotions ... and finally a release clause from your office stating that they have no objection in letting you go for the MBA. They contact the HR based on the mail you would’ve provided in your application. In case they don’t get a response, they’ll reach out to you and ask yu to share the HR’s contact. You need not worry about it . I am not very sure about the extracurriculars though but in all probability you do not need documents ... atleast I didn’t have any .... unless you are claiming something that’s really big , for eg National Sports Team , or a Very high position at some voluntary service such as Red Cross , etc , I don’t think you need it .... Regarding the Professional Certifications, always good to have documents ready... they don’t usually ask for it ...but u never know .... if not now, you might need it during your recruitment .... hope this helps !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
parik92 wrote:
Hi ... they mostly verify your undergrad transcript , positions held at work, your promotions ... and finally a release clause from your office stating that they have no objection in letting you go for the MBA. They contact the HR based on the mail you would’ve provided in your application. In case they don’t get a response, they’ll reach out to you and ask yu to share the HR’s contact. You need not worry about it . I am not very sure about the extracurriculars though but in all probability you do not need documents ... atleast I didn’t have any .... unless you are claiming something that’s really big , for eg National Sports Team , or a Very high position at some voluntary service such as Red Cross , etc , I don’t think you need it .... Regarding the Professional Certifications, always good to have documents ready... they don’t usually ask for it ...but u never know .... if not now, you might need it during your recruitment .... hope this helps !

well noted and thanks a lot parik92!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [3]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
The background checks attempt to verify the big picture. Often people will put name name of a company they worked for but then it appears that they worked for a consulting agency still at that company but technically were employed by consulting firm. Or sometimes they were consultant themselves. That’s totally understandable and perfectly fine. I have not heard any horror stories about background verification. This is not a security clearance.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Yale '23 (A)
Send PM
marditte wrote:
It is a slow and tedious process. Last Spring, my former supervisor left my company for a new role, which created a bit of a mess when ReVera reached out to him and found he was no longer an active employee. If your contact listed is no longer accurate, you should probably reach out to let ReVera know, because touching base with that one contact seems to be their entire process. As a Spring admit, I was hoping to have the process completed by the time I left for school, but it wasn't. It's not like it was a big deal and it hasn't been brought up once since I made it to campus, but it's unfortunately not quick.

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing. Did your extracurriculars and awards get checked too? Or they just check education history, employment, recommenders, and (the lack of) criminal history -- the big picture stuff?

Thanks.
Masters of Science Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [4]
Given Kudos: 113
Send PM
Kudos
The Re Vera process is fairly simple and straight forward. They verified I earned the degrees that I posted in my application, they reached out to my HR Director to ensure I was indeed employed there in the position I stated and finally, they reached out to my recommender to make certain they are who they say they are and that they indeed did write the LOR.

Current Student
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Yale '23 (A)
Send PM
FinanceMan wrote:
The Re Vera process is fairly simple and straight forward. They verified I earned the degrees that I posted in my application, they reached out to my HR Director to ensure I was indeed employed there in the position I stated and finally, they reached out to my recommender to make certain they are who they say they are and that they indeed did write the LOR.

Thanks! So they won't bother checking extracurriculars and awards/honors?
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Send PM
mikezzzzzzz wrote:
FinanceMan wrote:

Thanks! So they won't bother checking extracurriculars and awards/honors?

I would say it depends. I won a NextGen Under 30 Oklahoma award for the Finance Industry and although I listed it in my application/resume, I do not recall them ever verifying that information. They may have done it but I never knew about it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FinanceMan wrote:

Was your recommender contacted via phone or email?

Thanks.
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Send PM
He was contacted via phone if I remember correctly. Strangely, my HR Director at the time was contacted via email.

mbaadmitfromasia wrote:
FinanceMan wrote:

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FinanceMan wrote:
He was contacted via phone if I remember correctly. Strangely, my HR Director at the time was contacted via email.

mbaadmitfromasia wrote:
FinanceMan wrote:

Thanks.

Your replies were very helpful! Thank you.

By the way, does ReVera contact HR or your manager/supervisor to confirm your employment? I listed a job from so many years ago and I lost contact with the former supervisor -- but I am sure HR has my records.
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Re Vera contacted my HR Director which is the contact information that I had provided them. If they need more information from you to be able to make contact with someone at a former employer, then they will email you requesting for it.

mbaadmitfromasia wrote:

Thanks.[/quote][/quote]

Your replies were very helpful! Thank you.

By the way, does ReVera contact HR or your manager/supervisor to confirm your employment? I listed a job from so many years ago and I lost contact with the former supervisor -- but I am sure HR has my records.[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 2.94
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
bb wrote:
The background checks attempt to verify the big picture. Often people will put name name of a company they worked for but then it appears that they worked for a consulting agency still at that company but technically were employed by consulting firm. Or sometimes they were consultant themselves. That’s totally understandable and perfectly fine. I have not heard any horror stories about background verification. This is not a security clearance.

hi bb,
Thank you for sharing this. Indeed l am in this situation. Would you think the consulting case you mentioned above would be issue in Re vera check. I did not get your point clearly?

Thank you so much.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi. If you have gotten some admits, I would like to ask you to update your decision tracker status.

As to my point, I gave my example to illustrate a situation that is OK and was not an issue for me. I think my statement said that was fine. So I’m not sure what clarification is needed 🤷‍♂️

kkngzm wrote:
bb wrote:

hi bb,
Thank you for sharing this. Indeed l am in this situation. Would you think the consulting case you mentioned above would be issue in Re vera check. I did not get your point clearly?

Thank you so much.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Do your respective schools contact you when re vera verification is complete? Submitted my release form months ago and haven't heard back anything. Everything on my app is accurate but I just don't like a thing hanging over me.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
moduspollen wrote:
Do your respective schools contact you when re vera verification is complete? Submitted my release form months ago and haven't heard back anything. Everything on my app is accurate but I just don't like a thing hanging over me.

I don’t believe they do but I know what you mean. It is very rare that they run into snags. But during the pandemic everything is taking longer....

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
I worked for my dad's company unofficially for a short while. How do I get that verified by reVera, in case?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
wolfman wrote:
I worked for my dad's company unofficially for a short while. How do I get that verified by reVera, in case?

Think about how they would be verifying it potentially (they would contact your Dad's company to inquire about the status of the person who had worked there). I do not believe they accept upfront verifications so to speak.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts