Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yup, Kellogg does look for local people, but that's because people in their part-time program have full-time jobs, and the expectation is that they'll keep working (in their same jobs) while in school. Do you plan on staying in your same job while getting your MBA?

I don't know anything about Tuck's part-time program. And ignore my comment about Wharton... I was thinking of their executive education program! I did see this article recently... I don't know if this is where you pulled some facts from: https://msnbc.msn.com/id/9006844/.

One other thought... You said, "this is a global industry leadership position - I hope the admissions committee realize this."

It's YOUR job to make sure that they realize this. Odds are that they will have never had heard of this group. When it comes to things like this, you need to make sure that you help them see why these things (and why YOUR participation in them) are significant!

Scott
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Scott,
Yes, I do plan to continue my job during my part-time MBA. Regarding Kellog, I believe the school can attract more talent if they start to offer classes over the weekend. That is what Chicago and NYU does.

I've read the same article that you've posted. As a matter of fact, I have emailed TUCK about the article in order to solicit their plans for the part-time program.

Regarding my experience, I've used the optional essay to highlight my leadership role within my job. For e.g. I've stated that "I am the Chair of a group in ....... The decisions that I make will have global impact and will set the future path for the wireless tech." etc
Do you think the above sentence conveys the fact that I have a strong leadership position?

Alternatively, could you please evaluate me for Harvard and MIT (full-time).
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes, that sentence helps make clear that you're in a leadership position, but that's not enough. You also have to show what you've done. Just sayng that you've made some decisions won't impress the adcomm. Go into a little more detail about what you have done, what decisions you have made, what the results were, what challenegs you faced along the way, etc.

My comments for HBS and MIT are the same as before... Emphasize leadership, leadership, leadership!

Scott
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]