Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Yale '16
GPA: 3.19
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Yale '16
GPA: 3.19
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Your GRE score is really good. If using ETS, your score is coming as 740, then I think you are quite through on this parameter. But, you would not get an interview call solely on the GRE score. Other aspects of your application are important too. Your UG GPA is decent, and I think you have proven yourself academically. Your NSE certifications shows that you are putting an effort in learning, and are interested in finance roles post-MBA.
With the limited information you have provided regarding your work experience, I would say you are weak on this parameter. Have you held leadership roles there? Did you have an accelerated growth rate in the organization.
Yes, the recommendation letter from your tech lead would suffice. Recommendation letters should be from people with whom you have closely worked with, who can give a genuine feedback about your professional abilities.
You lack on Extracurricular front too. Please elaborate the results achieved when you were leading the college team or playing for the corporate team.
I think you should wait for one-two years, and gain some quality work experience and extracurricular activities. Remember you should aim at top b-schools. For international students, getting an MBA from a low ranked school doesn't add much value. Good Luck!

www.InterviewBay.com
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi,

You have decent profile with strong analytical skills and good GRE score, I feel your experience is on lower side but still if you focus more on your application essays/recommendations and interview you have fair chances. You can target top finance b-schools like University of Chicago: Booth, New York University: Stern
Tulane University: Freeman, London Business School, Rice University: Jones, University of Iowa: Tippie, University of Rochester: Simon, University of Pennsylvania: Wharton, Columbia Business School, University of Toronto: Rotman. Let me know if you have any question...

You can also try your chances for the above b-schools by using this tool - https://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

Regards,
Neha Singh

sparshithp wrote:
Hi,

I gave GRE and scored 330/340 (Quant-169 , Verball 161). I havent given the GMAT and most of the universities are accepting GRE for MBA as well. ETS has released the official tool for conversion of GRE scores to their equivalent GMAT scores where my score gets converted to 740.
UG GPA :7.97/10

Work Experience: Oct 2011 to present . will have 34 months of experience by august 2014. I have worked in TATA cosultancy services as a developer in Oracle Peoplesoft Finance applications in Asset management , Expenses , General Ledger and Supply chain management in a functional as well as technical role.My clients were Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Covance Labs, USA. Recommendation letter from My tech lead will be fine i hope??

Certifications: NAtional Stock Exchange certified Market Proffessional - level3, National stock exchange certified Derivatives champion,and additional NSE certifications in financial markets, options tradin, Derivatives dealer and options trading strategy module . Also have an ITIL-V3 certification

Extra cirriculars: 12th Rank in National Junior Math Olympiad , Led my college team for 4 years and making it to the finals for first time in past 11 years. Played for my Corporate team which has an employee work force of 300,00.

Ambition: MBA with concentration in finance.

Could you please suggest the colleges i shud apply for and the chances in those colleges respectively. Also, will my GRE be a negatove factor in comparision to GMAT , although colegese have mentioned that there shall be no discrimination
GMAT Club Bot