It is currently 21 Feb 2018, 13:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Oxford"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Please evaluate my profile [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 23:18
Hi,

I will request you to evaluate my profile. I am looking for admission in next year (2018) and open to schools in US & Europe.

I am 28-year old Male (Nationality: Indian), currently working in US in the IT sector. I have 6 and a 1/2 years of experience overall and for the past 2 and a 1/2 years, I am working in US. I am currently playing the role of a Project Lead in my latest project. Over the course of my overall professional career, I have worked in Insurance, Health Care and Banking domain projects.

Education: B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) from West Bengal University of Technology (Year: 2010, CGPA: 9.12/10).

GMAT: 710 (Q: 50, V: 37, IR: 8) - I am not including the AWA score as I am yet to get my official score report.

TOEFL: 112 (R: 27, L: 29, S: 26, W: 30).

Short-term goal: Securing employment in Finance sector.

Long-term goal: Probably starting something of my own.

I will really appreciate if you can review my profile and suggest some schools where I have a good chance of getting in.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Oxford"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2017, 23:57
Aringo wrote:
bumba1988 wrote:
Hi,

I will request you to evaluate my profile. I am looking for admission in next year (2018) and open to schools in US & Europe.

I am 28-year old Male (Nationality: Indian), currently working in US in the IT sector. I have 6 and a 1/2 years of experience overall and for the past 2 and a 1/2 years, I am working in US. I am currently playing the role of a Project Lead in my latest project. Over the course of my overall professional career, I have worked in Insurance, Health Care and Banking domain projects.

Education: B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) from West Bengal University of Technology (Year: 2010, CGPA: 9.12/10).

GMAT: 710 (Q: 50, V: 37, IR: 8) - I am not including the AWA score as I am yet to get my official score report.

TOEFL: 112 (R: 27, L: 29, S: 26, W: 30).

Short-term goal: Securing employment in Finance sector.

Long-term goal: Probably starting something of my own.

I will really appreciate if you can review my profile and suggest some schools where I have a good chance of getting in.

Thanks.

Hi,

And thanks for reaching out!

You have an interesting profile in a lot of ways but it is not so unique for an Indian applicant and the GMAT score is a bit low for an Indian applicant for the top schools. Therefore, I would suggest the top 10 would be out of reach for you and would suggest you start looking at schools just below that.

But in order to narrow down schools further I would really need you to be a bit more specific about your short term post MBA goal, what specifically are you aiming for within the finance sector?

You could look at some specializations (including for MBA programs outside the top 10) here, and focus on the ones with a ranking for “Finance” as a start:
(see the bottom half of the page)

Hope that helps!

First of all, thanks a lot for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

To answer your questions:

1) I will like to target Investment Banking as my first preference in Finance Sector.

2) There are many schools which I am interested in applying (Not in any specific order):
Insead, Said, Judge, IE Business School, HEC Paris, IMD, Ivey Business School, Owen, SDA Bocconi, Erasmus, Imperial, Darden, Sloan, Yale - can you please let me know if these sound feasible to you or which ones should be reachable based on my profile?

Thanks.
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2017, 07:08
This post received
KUDOS
Hi there, given you'll be applying this year, I think it's time to start thinking a bit deeper about what you hope to get out of your MBA experience. You say you're open to US or EU. Over the next few weeks, I recommend you do some research or some self reflection to get a sense of what you truly prefer. Better yet, what do you want. The network and people that surround you will be truly different, meaning the opportunities presented to you will also vary, so it's important to think that through.

While nothing you shared is a red flag to preclude you from gaining admission to your target programs, nothing stands out. At the moment, you'd fall in the middle - an average applicant. Surely these forums aren't the best way to demonstrate why you're different from the pack, but perhaps you could share a few lines about what you believe makes you different.

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let us know!

Re: Please evaluate my profile   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2017, 07:08

Please evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap