GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 23:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please Evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Please Evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 22:25
10th-87%, 12th-86% Undergrad-76%(top 5 in class)
GRE: 316/340 (Q-164,V-152) AWA- 4/6

Completed undergrad in a private College. Been running my family business since then.
Family business- We own three schools which add up to a strength of 500+ students, I manage the schools and teach maths for 8th, 9th, 10th grade.
Work experience:
Two years part time teaching.
3.7 years Full time teaching/ and performing a managerial role in my schools.

My business Turnover- Around 44,00,000 INR

-------

Please tell me which colleges I can apply to for an MBA. I'm considering universities in Singapore, UK, USA. I have applied to ISB in Round 2.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Please Evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 20:42
Thanks for sharing your profile. With your current profile you will need to be very thoughtful about what you re looking to get out of an MBA program. You do not have the typical profile here for many programs so you should be highly targeted with the schools you are targeting.

Also, not sure I missed it but what are your career goals?

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 21:43
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Thanks for sharing your profile. With your current profile you will need to be very thoughtful about what you re looking to get out of an MBA program. You do not have the typical profile here for many programs so you should be highly targeted with the schools you are targeting.

Also, not sure I missed it but what are your career goals?

Hello. So my role includes liasoning with parents, managing the financial aspects, bills, decideing the cirriculum and managing the school on daily basis to ensure its smooth functioning.

I also teach math to 8th, 9th and 10th grade students in my school. So What Have I done?

So I realised there is a lack of good math teachers in India so I started an initiative on youtube where I solve the math textbook problems for free and upload them.(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfGdCo ... dRDlzDf2aQ)

There are already 31 videos and I plan to make atleast 100.

I want to get an MBA so I can run my school better, more efficiently and to come up with better strategies. I'd like to expand my school, create more of them and aim at the low income group parents and provide quality education to them.

---

Thank you for your time, Its greatly appreciated.

Do you think I have a shot at business schools in georgia? Gtech or uni of georgia or georgia state? Are the latter two good?
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 20:21
Thanks for adding that additional info. I think you would have a chance at GaTech or Univ of GA. I don't think Georgia State will help you reach your goal. I would reach out to both schools and get more information so you can gauge whether either program is the right fit for you

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Please Evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap