GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 15:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please Evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Please Evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 22:59
10th-87%, 12th-86% Undergrad-76%(top 5 in class)
GRE: 316/340 (Q-164,V-152) AWA- 4/6

Completed undergrad in a private College. Been running my family business since then.
Family business- We own three schools which add up to a strength of 500+ students, I manage the schools and teach maths for 8th, 9th, 10th grade.
Work experience:
Two years part time teaching.
3.7 years Full time teaching/ and performing a managerial role in my schools.

My business Turnover- Around 44,00,000 INR

-------

Please tell me which colleges I can apply to for an MBA. I'm considering universities in Singapore, UK, USA. I applied to ISB Round 2.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Please Evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2018, 07:55
rohit123 wrote:
At this official GRE to GMAT converter-- you have a 630 GMAT: https://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/ab ... rison_tool
You are probably better off going the GRE route if you do apply as at least the Q score is strong.

Completed undergrad in a private College. Been running my family business since then.
Family business- We own three schools which add up to a strength of 500+ students, I manage the schools and teach maths for 8th, 9th, 10th grade.
Work experience:

-------

Please tell me which colleges I can apply to for an MBA. I'm considering universities in Singapore, UK, USA. I applied to ISB Round 2.

There are a few challenges-- and then a few positives too-- focus on the positives and present your strongest side. I suggest you look at programs with strong family business programs-- as you have some good insight there. You don't have the traditional work experience that can be helpful for adcom to see so make sure you speak about your accomplishments at the school in business terms-- did you drive growth? how? did you initiate cost savings? how? In terms of schools to consider-- look at programs where your GMAT equiv is in range-- Copenhagen, Manchester, Warwick, Case are all some you can look into. NUS may be a stretch-- for US-- look at the higher part of the top 50-- schools in 35-50 range. Some great programs that maybe don't get as much attention but should:
SMU Cox, Babson, BYU, Olin, Owen... just to name a few.

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern
B
Please Evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2018, 08:02
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
rohit123 wrote:
At this official GRE to GMAT converter-- you have a 630 GMAT: https://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/ab ... rison_tool
You are probably better off going the GRE route if you do apply as at least the Q score is strong.

Work experience:

-------

There are a few challenges-- and then a few positives too-- focus on the positives and present your strongest side. I suggest you look at programs with strong family business programs-- as you have some good insight there. You don't have the traditional work experience that can be helpful for adcom to see so make sure you speak about your accomplishments at the school in business terms-- did you drive growth? how? did you initiate cost savings? how? In terms of schools to consider-- look at programs where your GMAT equiv is in range-- Copenhagen, Manchester, Warwick, Case are all some you can look into. NUS may be a stretch-- for US-- look at the higher part of the top 50-- schools in 35-50 range. Some great programs that maybe don't get as much attention but should:

Thank you so much for replying. Yes, I initiated new teaching methodologies and such. What colleges can I aim at canada? Thank you for replying. Glad that you think I have a shot at top 35-50. What do you think of my GRE score? Do you think I have a chance at rotman or mcgill(desautels)?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2018, 08:16
I would keep working on getting a higher score for us schools but you do have time if it is next year. For Canada This chart might help you make a short list http://www.oxfordseminars.ca/GMAT/gmat_profiles.php

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2018, 09:24
I would keep working on getting a higher score for us schools but you do have time if it is next year. For Canada This chart might help you make a short list http://www.oxfordseminars.ca/GMAT/gmat_profiles.php

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

yes, mcgill seems plausible. Do you think I have a shot at arizona u's Business School? So can you tell me 5 uni's that are good but I have a good chance to get in? Thanks a lot for you time.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2018, 03:39
rohit123 wrote:

Work experience:

-------

Thank you so much for replying. Do you think I have a shot at georgia tech(schellers)? Their average GRE is 311. What do you think?
Re: Please Evaluate my profile &nbs [#permalink] 28 Jan 2018, 03:39

Please Evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap