Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Re: PLEASE EVALUATE MY PROFILE!!!!!!! [#permalink]
I probably shouldn't post here too much. Since my name isn't Alex. But I think something like 690+ will definitely help you.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
billyjeans, no worries!!!

To ursick32: yes, you will need a more competitive GMAT score if you want to be competitive for the schools you listed. 680 is the absolute minimum (yes, there is no "official" minimum but there is a practical minimum which is the middle 80%). And ideally, it should be above 700.

Beyond that it comes down to the quality of your written applications, interviews and a bit of luck (as it's a subjective process and there's going to be many other Big 4 consultants also applying).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
% chance getting in without retaking the gmat? I just dont see the diff between 640 and 700 when i proved i can perform in a masters setting (3.7 gpa at notre dame masters in accounting)
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
The middle 80% GMAT scores for incoming students at the top 16 schools is virtually the same (even if the averages differ slightly by 5-15 points or so, suggesting that the overall distribution is basically the same and that any differences in the averages between one school and the next is likely not statistically significant) -- it is around 660 - 760 (some schools are around 680 - 760, but you know what I mean). That means just 10% got scores above 760, and 10% below 660.

A 640 would put you in the bottom 10%. And given that you are a relatively conventional candidate overall, your chances are slim with that score.
GMAT Club Bot