GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 23:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile - ISB & INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Please evaluate my profile - ISB & INSEAD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 22:43
Hi Sir/Madam,

I am a ISB and Insead aspirant

Please evaluate my profile.

Currently i am working in a GOVT. Bank as a manager, posted in Kolkata, India- total 7 + yrs exp

Gender -male

Qualifications -
MBA (Marketing and international business)- Amity Business school 2009-11- 6.5/10
BE (Electronics and Telecom Eng) - 2003 to 2007 - 63%
12th - CBSE - 65%
10th - CBSE - 80%

Work Experience:
Govt. Bank: 2011 - till now -Manager- worked in bank office, admin, hall incharge, branch manager, loan incharge, cluster head- customer relation grp
Infosys: 6 months- soft engg

Part time: 2 years in marketing

Extra Curricular - scout and guide , got various badges
sports- played football an khokho in university level, regional level and zonal level
school captain, part of student council in college

i am looking to grow in term of career and looking for a place consultancy industry.

Have few queries:
a.how are the this mba colleges for getting into consultancy industry
b. what is the chance to get into the college with score of 680-700 in gmat
c.what more things i should do in a span for 1 yr to make my profile stronger
d. ROI of the colleges
e. any other college you will suggest me to try

planning to give gmat by this year.

Please provide your suggestions and comments.
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Please evaluate my profile - ISB & INSEAD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2018, 01:26
rij458 wrote:
Hi Sir/Madam,
Hello @rij458
I am a ISB and Insead aspirant

Please evaluate my profile.

Currently i am working in a GOVT. Bank as a manager, posted in Kolkata, India- total 7 + yrs exp

Gender -male

Qualifications -
MBA (Marketing and international business)- Amity Business school 2009-11- 6.5/10
BE (Electronics and Telecom Eng) - 2003 to 2007 - 63%
12th - CBSE - 65%
10th - CBSE - 80%
Past acads are good. I'll recommend a 720+ in GMAT. A 700 might help in ISB with your profile, but INSEAD will be tough.
Work Experience:
Govt. Bank: 2011 - till now -Manager- worked in bank office, admin, hall incharge, branch manager, loan incharge, cluster head- customer relation grp
Infosys: 6 months- soft engg
Would be interesting to know more around your career progression, achievements at work. Remember these matter more than just your industry or years of experience. Though your work ex will definitely help you stand out from an average applicant at ISB. You can read here on what matters in your application.

Part time: 2 years in marketing

Extra Curricular - scout and guide , got various badges
sports- played football an khokho in university level, regional level and zonal level
school captain, part of student council in college
Usually school/college extracurricular do not carry a lot of weight unless you have done something spectacular. So bring out your contribution and impact in these activities more than just a laundry list. Also, what ECA have you been involved in the last few years?

i am looking to grow in term of career and looking for a place consultancy industry.
Make sure you are linking your past experience to this goal. Reading here might help you.

Have few queries:
a.how are the this mba colleges for getting into consultancy industry ISB & INSEAD in itself are good for consulting, but is your profile suited for the same. What transferable skills
have you gained in these years to make a successful transition? Portray that in your application.

b. what is the chance to get into the college with score of 680-700 in gmat ISB might be possible, INSEAD is going to be tough. Also for INSEAD showcase your international outlook (that does not necessarily mean international experience)
c.what more things i should do in a span for 1 yr to make my profile stronger Target a higher GMAT. Build a stronger narrative around career goals.
d. ROI of the colleges I will refrain from answering this- this depends on your goals and the schools you apply to.
e. any other college you will suggest me to tryMy friend, the infor you have given is highly 'quantitative' While it gives a good insight into your career, it also conceals more than it reveals. Any suggestion on school will be pure speculation at this stage, and I'm sure you are not looking at a generic feedback. For a more personalized discussion around your goals feel free to reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

planning to give gmat by this year.

Please provide your suggestions and comments.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Please evaluate my profile - ISB & INSEAD &nbs [#permalink] 13 Aug 2018, 01:26

Please evaluate my profile - ISB & INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap