Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Please evaulate my profile [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Accepted.com wrote:
siddharthkabra wrote:
Please help me evaluate my profile. I am an Indian applicant. Age : 25 years

Work description: I am an employee of a US based power management company. Currently, I am working on an innovative technical project which aims at reducing the electricity bills due to Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment of the US households. I am involved in developing and refining the algorithm, data collection, building and installing the prototype and developing the system level architecture for the product.

Work Experience: 2 years as of 28th July, 2013

GMAT: 760 (51Q, 41V, 5.5 AWA, 8 IR)

College: Indian Institute of Technology Madras. CGPA - 8.1/10 Dual Degree (B. Tech + M. Tech) in Electrical Engineering with specialization in Communication Engineering.

Achievements:
- Selected as an Engineering and Technology Leadership Development Program (ETLP) Participant (2010) by the Company. It is a 2 year rotation based fast track program for grooming future leadership.
- Worked on "Enhancing learning culture within organization" and contributed to new initiatives in the organization to increase the knowledge sharing.(2012-13)
- Awarded with the Trade Secret by Patent Law Department, of the Company (2013)
- Awarded with the National Talent Search (NTS) Scholarship (2004), by the NCERT (State Rank 7)
- Organized a Goal Alignment Workshop for the group, consisting of about 40 members which included managers and technology leaders which helped in profit planning and goals formulation of the group. (2011-12)
- President, Junior Literary Society (JLS) at School
- National Sports Organization Candidate (Cricket) in College.
- Donated blood at various voluntary campaigns
- Won many prizes in singing competitions, musical instrument playing competitions, skit competitions, and debate competitions

Target programs ( I am confused as to which schools I should apply to. Below is an exhaustive list, out of which I will be applying to 4-5 schools):
HBS
Stanford
Chicago Booth
Wharton
Kellogg
UCB-HAAS
Tuck
INSEAD
Yale
Indian School of Business (ISB)
NUS
LBS

When do I want to apply:
Round 2 (Jan 2014) for all the schools except INSEAD. ISB and NUS
INSEAD - Round 2 (Nov 2013)
ISB - Round 2 (Nov, 2013)
NUS - Round 2 (Feb-March 2014)

Post MBA goal:
I have not yet put it concretely in my head as of now, but I would like to work for an organization such as World Bank or a country's economic body which formulates the economic policies and practices.

Thanks,
Sid

Sid,

I suggest you apply to Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Chicago Booth, and LBS. . You may be interested in MBA Admissions for Indian Applicants..

Please let us know if you would like help with your MBA application.
Best,
Linda

The programs I suggested are all strong in finance and they are strongly international. You have excellent stats, distinctive and impressive work experience, and good extras, so I thought you would be competitive. I realize these are tough schools to get into. However, considing your relative youth, I would say this year aim high. If you don't succeed try again the following year with lower ranked programs.

Regards,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Please evaulate my profile [#permalink]