Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: please help and move this thread to where its suppose to be [#permalink]
I understand, but my pre-health experiences were strictly limited to volunteering and did not have anything to do with business. I can't seem to find a job because my resume is so poor and lack of content (previous work experience) and without a job my resume will continue to be this poor. It's a cycle.

I understand that I definitely need work experience before applying for business school so I'm just focusing on making my resume better and then look for a job.

I've given this a lot of thought but I still couldn't come up with anything on how to tie my pre-health volunteer experiences into business related terms. I think this is my major problem right now with my resume.

Thank you
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
wynnshang wrote:
I understand, but my pre-health experiences were strictly limited to volunteering and did not have anything to do with business. I can't seem to find a job because my resume is so poor and lack of content (previous work experience) and without a job my resume will continue to be this poor. It's a cycle.

I understand that I definitely need work experience before applying for business school so I'm just focusing on making my resume better and then look for a job.

I've given this a lot of thought but I still couldn't come up with anything on how to tie my pre-health volunteer experiences into business related terms. I think this is my major problem right now with my resume.

Thank you

Well I wouldn't worry too much about Pre-Health volunteering into Business related term because you need a JOB. Volunteering is an add-on. I think before thinking about B-school, you should find a way to get into some field. I don't think this forum would help you much in finding a job.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:University of Chicago, Columbia, Wharton, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Indiana
Send PM
Hi Wynnshang,

I just responded to your question. Go ahead and check out your original thread or read my evaluation and advice on the Ask My MBA Admit thread. Do let us know if you have any further questions by clicking on Reply in the Ask My MBA Admit thread.

My MBA Admit also offers career counseling. This is an intense program wherein we engage in discussion about your professional strengths, career ambitions and industry/geographic preferences. Through these sessions, we help you focus on your preferred areas within your preferred function. Further, we also help you maximize your chances of employment with a proven targeted recruiting strategy. Email us at mbaconsult@MyMBAAdmit.com to find out more.
GMAT Club Bot