Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:48 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Please if you could evaluate my profile Thank you [#permalink]
rwor wrote:
Undergrad GPA: 2.6 (Electrical Eng.)
Grad GPA: 3.1 (Operations/IT)
GMAT: 600
Approx 2.5 years work in the Power Sector, working in Market Development

Looking to Apply to NYU/Columbia/Wharton

Do you have some time to rework on the GMAT?

A GMAT score of around 700 will probably boost your chances (I do not know the details of the rest of your application, or what exactly you're going to write in the essays - but I still think that getting to the 700 mark will make a good difference in your application, unless the other areas of your application are exceptional).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I took the GMAT this past week, with studying for about a month, I plan to take it next month again. My academic numbers are the ones which i know will hurt me the most.

THe problem i think with the GMAT was, that i wasn't keep track off my time in the Quant, so i pretty much guessed the last 7 questions. Hopefully i do better in Nov.

But I don't know how B-School handle multiple, GPAs for example, as my undergrad GPA is low but my graduate GPA is decent, do they wieght one more heavily than the other? or is the undergrad the basis?
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rwor wrote:
I took the GMAT this past week, with studying for about a month, I plan to take it next month again. My academic numbers are the ones which i know will hurt me the most.

THe problem i think with the GMAT was, that i wasn't keep track off my time in the Quant, so i pretty much guessed the last 7 questions. Hopefully i do better in Nov.

But I don't know how B-School handle multiple, GPAs for example, as my undergrad GPA is low but my graduate GPA is decent, do they wieght one more heavily than the other? or is the undergrad the basis?

Rwor,

B-schools give more weight to undergrad GPAs than grad GPAs, but a high grad school GPA will help to *partially* compensate for a weak undergrad GPA, as will a high GMAT. Your combination of a 2.6 undergrad GPA and a 600 GMAT will prove fatal to your chances at NYU, CBS, and Wharton. You will need at least a 700 GMAT to have even a chance at these schools, plus of course strong leadership and impact stories.

Good luck,
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]