GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 14:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Typical Day of a UCLA MBA Student - Recording of Webinar with UCLA Adcom and Student

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Carolyn and Brett - nicely explained what is the typical day of a UCLA student. I am posting below recording of the webinar for those who could't attend this session.
  • Why Do YOU Need an MBA?

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Download Why MBA and learn how to determine your MBA goals and weave them into a compelling essay!

Please review my profile - Which schools should I apply to?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Please review my profile - Which schools should I apply to?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 11:44
Hi I am new to gmatclub, I hope this is the right forum/subforum for my question, if not, kindly move it to the right forum.

Please review my profile, as I'm not sure if it's realistic for me to clear the admissions process for the schools I want to attend.

My Profile
31 y.o. Indian

GMAT Scores: Will attempt in September 18. Scores on the GMAT practice tests have ranged between 710-740.

5.5 Years experience in banking (financing infrastructure projects, primarily roads and power sector).

B.Tech (Electronics) - 58%
Post Graduate Programme in Banking and Finance - CGPA 8

Favorite Schools (not in order)
1. HEC Paris
2. UCLA Anderson
3. Wharton
4. Hong Kong UST
5. Duke Fuqua

Post MBA I would like to continue in the field of banking.

Does it make sense for me to apply to those schools? Which of these are totally unrealistic? I would also appreciate if you could point out some other schools which might be suitable considering my background.

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if any additional information is required. I would be more than happy to share the same.
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Please review my profile - Which schools should I apply to?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 22:19
Hello prashant17p

A profile is made up of factors mentioned here.
Do you have a break in your career, at 31 with 5 years experience- let me know if I am missing something.
While your work ex and expected GMAT sores look decent, there is much 'qualitative' info that is missing.
Career progression, achievements at work, impact in extracurricular all these make up for a holistic profile.
More importantly the career goals should fit your profile and that of the B school's. In your case not sure what specific goals you have (banking is too broad), what transferable skills you have and why do you need an MBA to reach your goals. See if reading here helps.
Your chances would depend on all of these and thus suggesting whether a school is reachable or not is quite tough here. Purely based on the score, Wharton might be a challenge, but that is not telling the whole story.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

prashant17p wrote:
Hi I am new to gmatclub, I hope this is the right forum/subforum for my question, if not, kindly move it to the right forum.

Please review my profile, as I'm not sure if it's realistic for me to clear the admissions process for the schools I want to attend.

My Profile
31 y.o. Indian

GMAT Scores: Will attempt in September 18. Scores on the GMAT practice tests have ranged between 710-740.

5.5 Years experience in banking (financing infrastructure projects, primarily roads and power sector).

B.Tech (Electronics) - 58%
Post Graduate Programme in Banking and Finance - CGPA 8

Favorite Schools (not in order)
1. HEC Paris
2. UCLA Anderson
3. Wharton
4. Hong Kong UST
5. Duke Fuqua

Post MBA I would like to continue in the field of banking.

Does it make sense for me to apply to those schools? Which of these are totally unrealistic? I would also appreciate if you could point out some other schools which might be suitable considering my background.

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if any additional information is required. I would be more than happy to share the same.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Please review my profile - Which schools should I apply to? &nbs [#permalink] 19 Aug 2018, 22:19

Please review my profile - Which schools should I apply to?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap