GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 04:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please review my resume

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Please review my resume  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 14:17
The resume underneath is just a prototype but authentically reflects my stats.

Name Disha Sharma

Qualifications: Done graduation from Ramjas college, Delhi University, majoring in English. Graduation percentage 65.19%. Delhi university is the best university in Delhi to pursue bachelor courses. Ramjas college comes in top 5 colleges in Delhi university

Work Experience:- 5 years experience, currently working as an excise inspector in Gujarat, government sector. The nature of my work involves supervising with a team whether excise tax has been properly charged on goods and commodities. It is a field work/inspection type of job.

Extra curricular

I have also been running my own NGO for the past 2 years. The NGO works for providing shelter and healthcare facilities to destitutes. Before forming my own NGO, I also did volunteering for ROPIO (an ngo dedicated towards providing education to below poverty line children). I also volunteered for teach for India, an ngo dedicated towards teaching poor children. I am an executive member of resident welfare association of my society. The work of an executive member is to see whether adequate amenities have been provided to the people of the society. I have recently completed two courses (with certification) from EdX. The first being marketing analytics: production, distribution and sales. The second one being, security in office 365. I have also done certified French speaking course from inlingua and can now speak and write fluently in French. I have also done part time content writing for youth ki awaaz, a popular Indian content writing and publishing platform. My hobbies include playing guitar, pc games and reading novels, mostly fiction.

Test Scores with breakup 1. GMAT Total score 740. (V:48, Q:43). Actual test date July 2017

2. TOEFL 110 April 2017

Interested in: Full time MBA.

Geography / Class Start Year preference:
Canada/ The Netherlands/ UK starting in August 2018 or later.

Questions

Q.1 Please tell me whether my work experience is applicable to the MBA programme which I will apply for. 

Q.2 If yes, then go to question 3. If no, then please tell me whether my work experience will create a hindrance in my application process?

Q.3 What else can I add in my resume to make it better?

Q.4 Am I eligible for scholarship? If yes, then what are my chances given that I hold the same credentials as stated in the above questions. 

PLEASE BE FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS PERTAINIG TO RESUME OR ANYTHING ELSE.
THANKS

Sent from my MI MAX using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Admission Consultant
G
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Operations (Other)
Re: Please review my resume  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 00:56
Disha27 wrote:
The resume underneath is just a prototype but authentically reflects my stats.

Name Disha Sharma

Qualifications: Done graduation from Ramjas college, Delhi University, majoring in English. Graduation percentage 65.19%. Delhi university is the best university in Delhi to pursue bachelor courses. Ramjas college comes in top 5 colleges in Delhi university

Work Experience:- 5 years experience, currently working as an excise inspector in Gujarat, government sector. The nature of my work involves supervising with a team whether excise tax has been properly charged on goods and commodities. It is a field work/inspection type of job.

Extra curricular

I have also been running my own NGO for the past 2 years. The NGO works for providing shelter and healthcare facilities to destitutes. Before forming my own NGO, I also did volunteering for ROPIO (an ngo dedicated towards providing education to below poverty line children). I also volunteered for teach for India, an ngo dedicated towards teaching poor children. I am an executive member of resident welfare association of my society. The work of an executive member is to see whether adequate amenities have been provided to the people of the society. I have recently completed two courses (with certification) from EdX. The first being marketing analytics: production, distribution and sales. The second one being, security in office 365. I have also done certified French speaking course from inlingua and can now speak and write fluently in French. I have also done part time content writing for youth ki awaaz, a popular Indian content writing and publishing platform. My hobbies include playing guitar, pc games and reading novels, mostly fiction.

Test Scores with breakup 1. GMAT Total score 740. (V:48, Q:43). Actual test date July 2017

2. TOEFL 110 April 2017

Interested in: Full time MBA.

Geography / Class Start Year preference:
Canada/ The Netherlands/ UK starting in August 2018 or later.

Questions

Q.1 Please tell me whether my work experience is applicable to the MBA programme which I will apply for. 

Q.2 If yes, then go to question 3. If no, then please tell me whether my work experience will create a hindrance in my application process?

Q.3 What else can I add in my resume to make it better?

Q.4 Am I eligible for scholarship? If yes, then what are my chances given that I hold the same credentials as stated in the above questions. 

PLEASE BE FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS PERTAINIG TO RESUME OR ANYTHING ELSE.
THANKS

1) Is the Aug 2018 a Typo error? Or you seriously do not know? (FOR GOOD schools, would suggest Winter -Jan 2019 at the EARLIEST, but would PREFER Aug 2019 because better schools et al.)
2) Profile is great, including your work situation, NGO work, and GMAT scores. VERY important to HIGHLIGHT the elements of your role well. Besides, assuming your prospective referees are not well attuned to the idea of the LOR contents, you would have to feed them a lot of details.

Feel free to ask questions for free. PM your resume & set up a time to talk

Worked in US & India, Located in New Delhi, Clients from World over

For a DETAILED & FREE profile evaluation PM your resume.

The Ivy League Edge (MBA - Yale SOM)
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/

Intern
Intern
Re: Please review my resume  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 07:27
I have only one question.
My work experience is non traditional i.e. it does not directly pertains to managerial level.
Sure, my work involves managing a team sometimes even working at my own discretion.
But the question, is will it create a hindrance when I will apply for b schools? Will I be completely rejected ?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Please review my resume &nbs [#permalink] 16 Apr 2018, 07:27

Please review my resume

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap