Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit
Send PM
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2018 intake - Class of 2019 [#permalink]
I just applied for the 15 Oct deadline. I could use some tips too!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Other, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2018 intake - Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Got an email from the marketing manager, will receive official admit tomorrow.

Admitted on: 2017/10/12
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 750, Q50, V41
WE: 72 months
Industry: Energy
Invited on: 2017/09/22
Decision Received on: 2017/10/12
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone,

Congratulations to people who have made it.
My profile:
Background - B.Tech (Chemical Technology) from UDCT, Mumbai
Current Industry - Business Consulting (Chemical Domain).
WE - 105 months
GMAT - 730
Location - India

Great to connect with you all here.

Cheers,
Deepak

Originally posted by deepakkarthik86 on 14 Oct 2017, 05:57.
Last edited by deepakkarthik86 on 16 Oct 2017, 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Send PM
Hello and thank you for creating the topic!
I will also be part of the September 2018 intake, very happy to chat with some of my future classmates ;)

My profile:
Background: Engineering studies, working as a Business Engineer (Sales)
Current Industry: Electronic Safety & Security Industry (i.e. specific computer software and electronics hardware)
WE: 108 months (9 years) when matriculating
GMAT: 650
Target Industry: Technology (Security, Cybersecurity) but also open to explore new opportunities
Heard back via: Phone
Timeline: Submitted application on 15th September. Pre-selection outcome decision - 19th September. Admitted on 12th October.
Interviews: Two HEC Paris MBA (PT) Alumnis, one in Lyon (France), one in Zürich (Switzerland), I made the move in person for both interviews. Very interesting interviews I think for both parts, not stressful moments once they had begun. Classic questions but with a deep will to be certain of my motivation. Be prepared ;) One of my interviewers seemed also sincerely interested in my presentation, so he asked me a few very specific questions about it. I did not prepare a work-related presentation but a "passion" one, so it was also easy for me to deal with it, however once again be prepared ;)

Nice to meet you guys

Paul-Emeric
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone who got an admit.
I think once the security deposit is done, you can join the facebook group that HEC has for Sept 2018 intake. I've to check if the FB link is there on external website link they mailed.

Also, for those applying in the coming rounds, all the best!
I think they are looking for good international exposure (If you haven't worked abroad, I think professional interactions with other nationals should count) too in addition to good scores and essays.

Also, they are really quick, I got the acceptance in less than 30 days from submitting, so they're much more efficient than their American counterparts ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi everyone, and thanks for creating this thread. I have been accepted into the September 2018 intake, and look forward to connect with all of you!

My profile:
Background: Engineering, Prior MBA in India, Worked for 4 years across Technology & Telecom industries in Business Development, Marketing, Account Management, Product Management and Analytics functions
Current Industry: Marketing Analytics (SaaS company) working as a Client Success Manager
WE: 54 months (while matriculating)
GMAT: 770
Target Industry: Technology Industry, Marketing/Growth/Product/Brand Management Roles
Heard back via: Email
Timeline: Submitted application on 15th September. Pre-selection outcome decision on 19th September. Admitted on 12th October.
Interviews: Two HEC Paris MBA Alumni. One in-person interview in Delhi, India. The other one via Skype with an alumnus in France. Both informal interviews in a relaxed setting. Extremely nice people I would love to keep in touch with.

Great to meet all of you!

Thanks,
Karthik
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi everybody,

I just applied on 15th Oct. My BG is as follows:

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 720
12th standard: 93%
Qualification: B. Tech Electrical Engineering
Sector: Manufacturing of Heavy Electricals
Work-Exp: 74 months in Oct-17

Can somebody gimme some tips on the interviews. How does all the dreaded "grilling" process go? And what's about this presentation?

Also, has any Indian received any scholarship or loan? If yes, from where?

Thanks in advance
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
WarP wrote:
Hey everyone!
Just created this thread because I've been scouring GMATClub for a discussion thread on HEC September 2018 intake and realized there wasn't one.

Anyone applying to HEC for the September 2018 intake or has received a decision for it, please do post an update here.

Also, I just got an admit!

Thanks very much for creating the thread for Sept 2018 applicants. I've updated the first post with data tables and deadlines.

Many congrats on getting admit from HEC. I also wish good luck to all other applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q37 V49
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Bookmarks
I just started a HEC application yesterday and the marketing manager has already contacted me about scheduling a call to discuss the application and the program. I've never seen any school able to offer personalized service like this. Does everyone get this offer when they make their profile? Or is it an indicator of interest?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I've only just started my HEC application and I'm not sure if I'll be able to put up a strong application of for Nov 15 due to a shortage of time.

Will submitting in the January deadline be late? Should I push through the app in Nov itslef?

Any help would be appreciated!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi AA2014,
I have a profile almost identical to yours. Submitted my app on 15th Oct. Awaiting a reply.

TechSA, must have a really strong profile to command such immediate attention. Would be nice if you share a brief bio.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Going by previous cycle info, will it be fair to assume that pre selection results will be declared today?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q37 V49
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
krazykunal1410 wrote:
Hi AA2014,
I have a profile almost identical to yours. Submitted my app on 15th Oct. Awaiting a reply.

TechSA, must have a really strong profile to command such immediate attention. Would be nice if you share a brief bio.

I think it may be more of a case of they don't receive as many applications from Africa. Or they just really like my international experience.

Background: South African but born in China
University: Duke (US) with an exchange in the UK
WE: 2 years at one of the Big 4 Tech Companies (Both in US and South Africa)
GMAT: 710
Major: Electrical Engineering
Lastly, I have volunteered in a francophone Africa country so I have a basic level of French. Probably a plus for looking for employment afterwards.

Question for those that are accepted and applied, how are you planning to finance the HEC MBA? They do not offer many scholarships.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Any update on interview calls? I submitted on 30th sept. Still no news.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
krazykunal1410 wrote:
Hi AA2014,

Awesome.... what other b-schools have you applied for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Send PM