Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Denied
01 Feb, 2018
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.52
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Denied
03 Jan, 2018
09 Feb 2018, 22:51
Private, GMAT: 740, Q51, V38; GPA: 3.5; WE: 48 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Denied
02 Feb, 2018
12 Feb 2018, 11:56
Private, GMAT: 700, Q47, V40; GPA: 3.6; WE: 78 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Denied
01 Feb, 2018
13 Feb 2018, 01:41
easter85 GMAT: 750, Q51, V40; GPA: 3.7; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [2]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
I'm sure this is done to death over here - but what's the real lo-down on UK work visas after an LBS MBA?

How many of the non-EU people get jobs in the UK or somewhere in Europe after their MBA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Hi Everyone!

My interview is coming up and I was hoping someone could give some insight into the "presentation" portion of the interview. Having read some of the previous posts, I understand if you can't specify what the topic is, but I would love to hear how you felt about this portion and if you had any useful ways to prepare. I am coming from a science background and I have never done anything like this in an interview, so I am getting a bit anxious.

Thanks so much!
Invited to Interview
19 Nov, 2017
19 Feb 2018, 11:32
Private, GMAT: 660, Q52, V47; GRE: 331, Q160, V158; GPA: 3; WE: 180 months; United Kingdom; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Has anybody been through the video essay component (Kira talent) for London Business School ? What were the questions? There seems to be no information on the above.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.91
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
cfb91 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

My interview is coming up and I was hoping someone could give some insight into the "presentation" portion of the interview. Having read some of the previous posts, I understand if you can't specify what the topic is, but I would love to hear how you felt about this portion and if you had any useful ways to prepare. I am coming from a science background and I have never done anything like this in an interview, so I am getting a bit anxious.

Thanks so much!

Hey - Congrats on the interview invitation! I would not get stressed too much over the presentation portion, it'll be exactly like how they described it in the email instruction. Before my interview, I had not done anything like that so you're not alone....If you would like to feel a bit more comfortable, I would suggest skim through how case interviews are conducted for a management consulting role and what an ideal answer should be constructed. However, that is still a bit overkill since the presentation will be much simpler. I think the presentation was to see 1) your logical thinking 2) your presentation/communication skills.
Also, even though the general instruction says the interview is supposed to last 45min-1.5 hrs, it really depends on your interviewer...Mine lasted more than 2.5 hours and my interviewer did text me the day before to inform that I should plan for 2-3 hour interview. Therefore, plan accordingly! Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
noscud wrote:
cfb91 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much!

Hey - Congrats on the interview invitation! I would not get stressed too much over the presentation portion, it'll be exactly like how they described it in the email instruction. Before my interview, I had not done anything like that so you're not alone....If you would like to feel a bit more comfortable, I would suggest skim through how case interviews are conducted for a management consulting role and what an ideal answer should be constructed. However, that is still a bit overkill since the presentation will be much simpler. I think the presentation was to see 1) your logical thinking 2) your presentation/communication skills.
Also, even though the general instruction says the interview is supposed to last 45min-1.5 hrs, it really depends on your interviewer...Mine lasted more than 2.5 hours and my interviewer did text me the day before to inform that I should plan for 2-3 hour interview. Therefore, plan accordingly! Good luck!!

Thank you for your kind response! Good to hear that you didn't think the presentation portion was too bad...definitely puts me at a little at ease! :-)
Invited to Interview
01 Feb, 2018
23 Feb 2018, 07:42
Private, GMAT: 710, Q47, V41; GPA: 3.5; WE: 84 months; France; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
Send PM
Hi Any idea on the acceptance rate for applications in round 4??
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Send PM
bb10 wrote:
I'm sure this is done to death over here - but what's the real lo-down on UK work visas after an LBS MBA?

How many of the non-EU people get jobs in the UK or somewhere in Europe after their MBA?

Anyone?

How many non-EU LBS students get jobs in EU?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
bb10 wrote:
bb10 wrote:

Anyone?

One of my Indian friend is currently a student at LBS, class of 2019, and he told me the situation is pretty tough for non-EU nationals. Most of the internship offers he is getting are from either the middle East or Asia but nothing from UK or EU. This case might just be an outlier but that's coming from someone I personally know very well.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi - thanks for the reply.

Any chace you can connect me to you friend?

We can pm

RF20 wrote:
bb10 wrote:
bb10 wrote:

Anyone?

One of my Indian friend is currently a student at LBS, class of 2019, and he told me the situation is pretty tough for non-EU nationals. Most of the internship offers he is getting are from either the middle East or Asia but nothing from UK or EU. This case might just be an outlier but that's coming from someone I personally know very well.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
bb10 wrote:
Hi - thanks for the reply.

Any chace you can connect me to you friend?

We can pm

RF20 wrote:
bb10 wrote:
[quote="bb10"]I'm sure this is done to death over here - but what's the real lo-down on UK work visas after an LBS MBA?

Anyone?

[/quote]
Sure. I can get him in touch with you

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
For LBS MBAs, visa is not a consideration for interning or working post-MBA in Europe. 82% of Class of 2018 interned in Europe, 66% of Class of 2017 worked post-MBA in Europe, and no more than 36% of either class are Europe nationals.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
shoro wrote:
For LBS MBAs, visa is not a consideration for interning or working post-MBA in Europe. 82% of Class of 2018 interned in Europe, 66% of Class of 2017 worked post-MBA in Europe, and no more than 36% of either class are Europe nationals.

If you dig a bit deeper into the report - about 28% of the class comes from Asia+Middleeast and 13% go to Asia+Middleeast.

Considering corrections for some other nationalities who go to Asia, then some who dont want Europe and then some with dual passports and company sponsorships etc - its safe to assume about half the Asians go stay back in EU (and lets face it - its UK not really Eu coz of language barriers). This data is somewhat backed up by my conversations with current students.

Compare this with the top 16 in US - like Duke, NYU and Ross - about 80% asians stay back in US.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi bb10 - for Europe employment visas, non-EU nationals are regarded equally whether from Asia+MidEast or not. Anyway, visa is not a consideration for LBS MBAs in Europe. I'm in the LBS MBA Class of 2020 so have spoken to around dozen non-EU MBA2s and alumni about making the most of LBS during and post-MBA: visa in Europe is a non-factor for us.

Re the statistic about US schools, would love to hear your source. Additionally, post-MBA those w/o US work authorization can work in the US for 12 months under OPT. After the 12 months, depends on whether or not you hit the lottery, although, if well organized, one does have two shots at it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts