Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Product Manager with 10 years of experience [#permalink]
Do an exec MBA. Your chances at getting a 2nd MBA from a top school are slim. There are only so many top schools out there with exec MBA programs, so rather than me telling you what to do, I highly encourage you to do the research on your own, as the process of doing that is invaluable.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Alex,

Thanks so much for your answer. I understand your line of reasoning. I just want to ask you one more question: My wife is also a MBA degree holder and she has 5 years of work exp. She will not be able to apply for a EMBA at this time and as you said, most colleges do not encourage a 2nd MBA applicant for their full time MBA. So, what other options are there for such candidates?

Regards,
Shankar.
Send PM
...continue working? Not sure I understand your question.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry Alex. To elaborate my previous post: My wife and I are both MBA aspirants. We fall under different ranges in terms of work experience. We feel the need to do a MBA now.

Though I have the option of EMBA to consider, my wife seems to have lesser experience to qualify for such a program.

Is the only option for such people to continue working till they qualify for EMBA? And the other question is what if such an applicant wants a change of career (industry & role) - an EMBA doesn't seem to be the right choice for such applicants?

What would you suggest to such applicants? Do all top schools simply refuse to take a look at 2nd time MBAs or do they make any exceptions?
Send PM
Here's the thing.

In this day and age, most of us will be changing careers every 10-15 years or so. You can't just go back to school to get an MBA each and every time you are changing a career, or you'll have like 5 MBAs by the time you're 70.

Sooner or later, you have to find a way to change careers without using "degree certifications" as some lifeline to get you there.

If you're looking for recruiting opportunities, it's not like MBA students are just waiting for job opportunities to fall on their lap. They HAUL ASS. They work just as hard if not harder to get job offers as one would working full-time and trying to make the switch.

Schools for the most part will not want someone who already has an MBA.

I'm not going to tell you not to apply -- but it just seems like you're putting way too much stock into what a 2nd MBA can give you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Alex, I quite agree with you. It doesn't definitely make sense to think of a MBA as a means to career advancement or career change.

My intention is not to use it for such purposes alone. May be I have not been able to express my objectives in a much clearer fashion in this forum.

Thanks once again for your clear and straight answers. Appreciate it very much.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
AlexMBAApply wrote:
Here's the thing.

In this day and age, most of us will be changing careers every 10-15 years or so. You can't just go back to school to get an MBA each and every time you are changing a career, or you'll have like 5 MBAs by the time you're 70.

Sooner or later, you have to find a way to change careers without using "degree certifications" as some lifeline to get you there.

If you're looking for recruiting opportunities, it's not like MBA students are just waiting for job opportunities to fall on their lap. They HAUL ASS. They work just as hard if not harder to get job offers as one would working full-time and trying to make the switch.

Schools for the most part will not want someone who already has an MBA.

I'm not going to tell you not to apply -- but it just seems like you're putting way too much stock into what a 2nd MBA can give you.

your replies are awesome man...haha....
GMAT Club Bot