Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Send PM
Re: Profile analysis [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Markuslangham88 wrote:
Thank you so much for that details I really appreciate it. I have booked my retake for mid may. Hoping to break the 330.

Few following up questions
- what score do you think I should aim to hit? I know people say as high as possible but is there a difference between 330 vs 335 vs 340 ?
- is there any other MPA or dual degree program you think I could consider ?
I don’t think I want to go to tuck. The only mba programs I think I’d go to are HBS, Wharton, GSB YALE Berkley Columbia and MIT. I really need something that is internationally recognised. Are there any other degrees I could combine with these mba schools I’m missing?
- my masters is in masters in management at LBS (MIM)
- progression I actually changed firms 3 times so technically I got a pay rise and promotion everytime I booked (company A to company B back to company A). Both companies are tier 2 strategy consulting firms. Do you think it’ll be see negatively?

Posted from my mobile device

Hi again Markuslangham88,

For the GRE, every point jump helps so there is a difference between 335 and 330. Past 335, the difference diminishes to some extent, but it is always better to score higher.

As far as specific recommendations, it would be best if we were to work together first so that we can get to know you better and fine-tune the recs. Reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com if you are exploring getting help and we can help you to ace the apps!

Job changes would have to be evaluated in a bit more detail. If you have enough time at the most recent role this could be alright, but it is a factor.

Best wishes,
Personal MBA Coach
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for this. I just had one follow up question.
If I take the exam again but I score lower. How would the school look at it? Would it been I need to retake it again get my original score or do they only look at your highest score?

Send PM
Expert Reply
Markuslangham88 wrote:
Thank you for this. I just had one follow up question.
If I take the exam again but I score lower. How would the school look at it? Would it been I need to retake it again get my original score or do they only look at your highest score?

Hey Markuslangham88,

Some programs require applicants who have taken the GRE more than once to report all scores. Others, however, are okay with you submitting your highest score. I suggest checking the GRE score requirements for the programs you are applying to.

Best wishes,
Personal MBA Coach
GMAT Club Bot